SNOWMOBILE MAGAZINES

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

I just called a second time.  I called on or around Dec.14 and asked to get my name added to the mailing list.  When I called today, they still did not have me on the mailing list.  Hopefully they are going to be able to send me the back issues.  It all depends on if they have any left in stock or not.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just called a second time.  I called on or around Dec.14 and asked to get my name added to the mailing list.  When I called today, they still did not have me on the mailing list.  Hopefully they are going to be able to send me the back issues.  It all depends on if they have any left in stock or not.

do you have the number handy?

Here is what OFSC sent me

Hi Dave and Ruth,

Please contact SuperTrax at: TRAX@publicationpartners.com or 1-800-905-8729.

Received mine today.

Received mine today.

Me Too.

Thanks for the contact info. I just emailed them.

Good News! Supertrax / GSO / Marks card arrived today. 2 magazines in less than a week. It's starting out to be a great 2016 uh except for the lack of snow.

Dumb question here...Wouldn't it make sence for SuperTrax to make their mag and the OFSC one available to us via email drop PDF?

I know it's not for everyone, but I'm sure there is a lot of readers including myself that would be just as happy to get it electronically over the print version. I'd be more likely to read it sooner if I had it on PDF on my mobile device.

Would save a crap load of money in printing and postage...

Dumb question here...Wouldn't it make sence for SuperTrax to make their mag and the OFSC one available to us via email drop PDF?

I know it's not for everyone, but I'm sure there is a lot of readers including myself that would be just as happy to get it electronically over the print version. I'd be more likely to read it sooner if I had it on PDF on my mobile device.

Speaking as someone in the print trade, Keep printing them!

Not a dumb question. I would prefer it since the print version doesn't get to me. I used to get quite a few industry publications sent in hard copy. Almost all come as soft copy now.

Just thumbing through the latest Go Snowmobiling Magazine and on the bottom of Page 12 are at least a couple of OC'ers in the picture.  The NUNZ on the windshield caught my attention and looking closer I see Mrs Nunz and Viper.  I don't recognize the others, but maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

Mine finally arrived as well. Just want to add on to the article about riding the Orillia area -

in addition to the Best Western Couchiching stayed at by the writer -

http://www.bestwesternorillia.com/

the other Best Western Mariposa in town on Memorial Avenue should also be considered - same amenities, better parking, direct trail access, and less expensive:

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/CA/ON/Orillia-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-PLUS-Mariposa-Inn-&-Conference-Centre/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=66100&cm_mmc=BL-_-Google-_-GMB-_-66100

The Knight's Inn in nearby by trail Brechin/Lagoon City is also a good choice and has good sledder specials:

http://lagoonharbourhotel.com/en_CA/

(on a roll here with trip planning as you can see....)

Speaking as someone in the print trade, Keep printing them!

And some of us in the recycling trade ....No.

OFSC and MTO have concluded everyone has internet access and a way of being connected since they are going to online permit sales only. To follow the same logic let's save trees and money with electronic magazines for everyone

OFSC and MTO have concluded everyone has internet access and a way of being connected since they are going to online permit sales only. To follow the same logic let's save trees and money with electronic magazines for everyone

A very good point.

I would prefer optional print or electronic media. Just check off a box when purchasing your permit. I prefer print media for magazines. This last issue I just looked at the pictures as no articles seem to interest me. I may go through it again at a later date once the riding season is in full swing. I usually carry an issue or two on the trail for emergency reading.

jerry

I would prefer optional print or electronic media. Just check off a box when purchasing your permit. I prefer print media for magazines. This last issue I just looked at the pictures as no articles seem to interest me. I may go through it again at a later date once the riding season is in full swing. I usually carry an issue or two on the trail for emergency reading.

jerry

get a hold of sledjunk... he will help you get your sled rigged up to power a laptop or tablet so you can read the electronic version trail side as well

get a hold of sledjunk... he will help you get your sled rigged up to power a laptop or tablet so you can read the electronic version trail side as well

I am already wired up for any form of electronics. In the past I would haul my laptop on trips, I now just carry my work phone which is a Samsung Note 3. It will provide all the info I need and it has GPS tracking. If I go missing my employer will come looking for me (so they can get their phone back).

I was considering bringing a Panasonic Toughbook along on trips; but I am trying to reduce the amount of stuff I bring. I look like a pack mule on these week long trips. I guess it's the Boy Scout training I had as a kid to "Be Prepared".

Jerry

I am already wired up for any form of electronics. In the past I would haul my laptop on trips, I now just carry my work phone which is a Samsung Note 3. It will provide all the info I need and it has GPS tracking. If I go missing my employer will come looking for me (so they can get their phone back).

I was considering bringing a Panasonic Toughbook along on trips; but I am trying to reduce the amount of stuff I bring. I look like a pack mule on these week long trips. I guess it's the Boy Scout training I had as a kid to "Be Prepared".

Jerry

made me think of this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w36z7XnwOM

Jerry

Wow!

I guess I'm the weird one, I go sledding partly to get away from all that electronic stuff.

I worked in the computer field for over 30 years and I really don't need to deal with it when I'm sledding

No GPS (I can read maps) no computer, no smart phone, no tablet. I have not got lost yet

I take a pre-paid cell phone for emergencies only. Pre-paid in case I loose it!!

Yeah, I guess I have a problem. I am trying to find an on-line theory group to help me break my tie with technology.

Yeah, I guess I have a problem. I am trying to find an on-line theory group to help me break my tie with technology.

embrace technology.. it is your salvation :D

Archived