TOP D to Wawa Reopened

revrnd

I was concerned about your condition, so I spoke with your doctor. He said it might still leak in the cold weather, based on his interpretation of your xrays.

I often wear shorts at the movie theatre. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far no official word about gas in Searchmont, but it would open up Searchmont and the D trail to many more riders. The family day riders out of the Soo seemed to be hurt by the loss of gas more than the hardcore touring groups which usually have newer more fuel efficient sleds and carry some spare fuel for longer rides. Searchmont is a hub connecting many great trails and to have the D trail back open without a gas stop seems to be a non-starter for many who would quickly return to ride the area this year.

Since no private sellers of gas like the Trading Post will be offering gas at this point, I think that the Ski Resort which was taken over by the township if my info is correct, is being asked to sell fuel again for the benefit of the entire town and not just sledding. Of course there are so many new rules and inspections associated with the sale of fuel that it remains to see if there will be gas available at the Ski Resort this season.

Mountainview Lodge is cutoff from the sled trail this season by logging operations and thus no official connection to them this season. They inquired about selling gas, but they were too close to the river to have a tank.

I hope to hear good news about the Ski Resort because it would open up D Trail, D107, D106, SSM5, and D201F to all.

I carry fuel and will ride them all (depending on conditions) with or without Searchmont selling gas. Keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks for the informative answer.    Glad to see the D trail and Halfway back.   We all hope Chapleau  can continue.    Thanks for everyone's work to make  this all happen for us.

This may be just the news I need to pull the trigger on an annual permit again after a 3 year hiatus. 

Back in the day ( '99 thru'05 ) I used to get thru this area a few times a year.  Since halfway and Foleyet were removed from the equation I only made it up for a week in March starting in Wawa and then backtracking after Timmins.

Hopefully fuel in Searchmont and a working pump in Dub become a reality also.

Looks like Chap may be my club of choice for permits - they're going to need all the support they can get from us guys in the states.  ( I used to buy from White River and Foleyet back in the day )

This may be just the news I need to pull the trigger on an annual permit again after a 3 year hiatus. 

Back in the day ( '99 thru'05 ) I used to get thru this area a few times a year.  Since halfway and Foleyet were removed from the equation I only made it up for a week in March starting in Wawa and then backtracking after Timmins.

Hopefully fuel in Searchmont and a working pump in Dub become a reality also.

Looks like Chap may be my club of choice for permits - they're going to need all the support they can get from us guys in the states.  ( I used to buy from White River and Foleyet back in the day )

Dub has a working pump. Just a little tedious at times!..

Ordered mine today.  I chose the Longlac club.

• 2 weeks later...

So far no official word about gas in Searchmont, but it would open up Searchmont and the D trail to many more riders. The family day riders out of the Soo seemed to be hurt by the loss of gas more than the hardcore touring groups which usually have newer more fuel efficient sleds and carry some spare fuel for longer rides. Searchmont is a hub connecting many great trails and to have the D trail back open without a gas stop seems to be a non-starter for many who would quickly return to ride the area this year.

Since no private sellers of gas like the Trading Post will be offering gas at this point, I think that the Ski Resort which was taken over by the township if my info is correct, is being asked to sell fuel again for the benefit of the entire town and not just sledding. Of course there are so many new rules and inspections associated with the sale of fuel that it remains to see if there will be gas available at the Ski Resort this season.

Mountainview Lodge is cutoff from the sled trail this season by logging operations and thus no official connection to them this season. They inquired about selling gas, but they were too close to the river to have a tank.

I hope to hear good news about the Ski Resort because it would open up D Trail, D107, D106, SSM5, and D201F to all.

I carry fuel and will ride them all (depending on conditions) with or without Searchmont selling gas. Keep your fingers crossed!

At the last meeting I was the Soo Club was rerouting a section of the D trail to a lodge.. I THINK there would be gas.....  I think it's between the Ski resort and the soo.    I will try to get more information.

Dub has a working pump. Just a little tedious at times!..

Have you Been there!

They give you 30 seconds to fill the sled. No matter what it cuts out after that. Try filling three sleds. Works better if someone else runs the computer thing and your buddy runs the pump. If it wasn't for the time out feature, it would be real easy. I guess that is a safety feature after the pumps were tampered with. Fuel is there and maintained.

I was there last year.  Each of us filled our pumps individually and had not trouble.

Received my permits today.  I'm ready for some snow.  I also received a message from D15 indicating that the old A107A may reopen.  I'm excited about the trail expansion in northern Ontario; A107A and the halfway trail, this is the right direction for snowmobiling in Ontario!

Have you Been there!

They give you 30 seconds to fill the sled. No matter what it cuts out after that. Try filling three sleds. Works better if someone else runs the computer thing and your buddy runs the pump. If it wasn't for the time out feature, it would be real easy. I guess that is a safety feature after the pumps were tampered with. Fuel is there and maintained.

I best just not say nothing, But,    it has worked fine in my 7 years, you screw with it & it will screw you? It has instructions to follow,

I best just not say nothing, But, it has worked fine in my 7 years, you screw with it & it will screw you? It has instructions to follow,

Some kids tampered with the pumps sometime last year. So they put in a timer to cut it out after 30 seconds. That was the only trouble with the system we had

viper is correct, there is a timer at the pumps in Dub now, when there is no attendant at the fuel station. it will only pump for 30-40 seconds, from the time the pump spins up. sleds take multiple attempts for 10-12 u.s gallons, it is a chore to fill up full sized autos but, there is gas 24-7 so... we should be thankful for what is available. we affectionately call it: "doing the hokey pokey"

hopefully with new additions and changes to the industry in town, we can hope there will be updates and new opportunities for system/infrastructure improvements in the near future.

Ski

viper is correct, there is a timer at the pumps in Dub now, when there is no attendant at the fuel station. it will only pump for 30-40 seconds, from the time the pump spins up. sleds take multiple attempts for 10-12 u.s gallons, it is a chore to fill up full sized autos but, there is gas 24-7 so... we should be thankful for what is available. we affectionately call it: "doing the hokey pokey"

hopefully with new additions and changes to the industry in town, we can hope there will be updates and new opportunities for system/infrastructure improvements in the near future.

Ski

Sure thankful the fuel was there though. Hokey pokey was kind of fun but it wasn't a real cold day either. If a big group comes in they will be there for awhile, no doubt. Hopefully it can be fixed right soon.

Have you Been there!

It is still a working pump, is it not?

It is still a working pump, is it not?

Yes it is, which is thankful. During regular hours it works fine. Timer is only active after hours. Prey someone doesn't screw it up before you. Allot of people are getting inpatient with the timer issue and end up locking it out. Ran into another group and that happened to them.

My dream ---  to see that pump this season.  Aim high. :-P You know you're a snowmobiler when ... 

My dream ---  to see that pump this season.  Aim high. :-P You know you're a snowmobiler when ... 

Watch for my posts.  I think we'll be though there at least once.  You're welcome to join us for all or part of our annual tour!

We will see you at the pumps!..

.... on our group ride. ...

HOPING SOME OF YOU GUYS STOP BY AND SAY HI, WHEN IN DUB. ;) Ski

At the last meeting I was the Soo Club was rerouting a section of the D trail to a lodge.. I THINK there would be gas.....  I think it's between the Ski resort and the soo.    I will try to get more information.

MountainView Lodge was trying to get hooked into the trail, but logging this year has cut them off.  They also were trying to get gas, but had to move the gas up the property away from the lodge and river to meet the distance requirement.  Not happening.

The Ski Hill is investigating the sale of gas, but no gas promises.

The store was bought, but no word yet on gas, but may be the best hope?

Gas is really a big part of the trail issue, but I will be riding anyway through Searchmont in any case.

Ski, you know we will be stopping by.............

Archived