TOP D to Wawa Reopened

revrnd

The Sault Trailblazers have announced on their Faceplant page that TOP D will be open to Wawa and there will be a new connector trail from just south of Halfway Haven to Chapleau.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's gonna be a whole chitload of people happy about that !!!  Not us necessarily (we ride closer to home) but people doing touring loops will now have a big loop up to the 11.  Our local motel operators and restaurant owners will likely feel the difference in traffic this winter.

LondonCalling ... you asked, here you go !!!

I feel a 'bucket list' trip coming on!!  Woo Hoo!!!

The Sault Trailblazers have announced on their Faceplant page that TOP D will be open to Wawa and there will be a new connector trail from just south of Halfway Haven to Chapleau.

The trail from Halfway to Chapleau has always been there, but as a "wilderness" trail.  There are actually 2 different ways to run to Chapleau and both branch off south of Halfway Haven.  Most will and should run the 7 miles further to Halfway to fill with gas and or get a bite to eat if coming from the south.  That would be from Searchmont or from Black Creek / Aubrey Falls.   

If doing the big loop up through Hearst from points south, I recommend starting east to Chapleau, Foleyet, Timmins, ect. because his portion of the loop takes a little more out of you than the trails after Timmins and I like to run the easier/faster later when I have already been riding for a day or two.  Guess I am getting older.  Either way around is better than backtracking in my book.  I do like to spend an extra day somewhere along the northern corridor loops just to explore a bit more than in the past.

Great news all around!  I really have missed Halfway Haven and can't wait to stop in.

I feel a 'bucket list' trip coming on!!  Woo Hoo!!!

I'm in buddy...Have always wanted to do that area after we were up that way a couple of years ago...

t's finally official!!!! The D trail from Sault Ste Marie to Wawa will be open this season. The C101F from Chapleau to Timmins will also reopen!!! This is such great news. There is a Bonus.... A new trail from the D trail to Chapleau this year. The wilderness trail to Chapleau is now official. So how many of you guys will make this run this winter?

This was taken from the Groomer guys facebook page looks like more options for trail riding this winter.

zrtkat

12074965_751808464948024_456679399189245

Now if the North Shore could have good snow (sketchy @ times) you could loop thru Blind River & Elliot Lake.

The last time I was at Halfway Haven was 2012........... The trail will be easier this year.  No saws needed.IMG_0812.jpgIMG_0840.jpgIMG_0820.jpgIMG_0823.jpgIMG_0805.jpgIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0815.jpgIMG_0822.jpgIMG_0836.jpg

let us know when you will be going through. with us having the house at dub, we could possibly offer a place to stay, and or meet for a ride. good news for the region. baby steps.... Ski

Definitely will keep in touch ski.

We will see you for sure and thanks for the offer.  Thanks again for the gearbox cover too!

I owe you dinner some night this season when we are in town!

Scott 

Hopefully the new routes will be on the trail guides.  Don't like penciling in trails for those areas. Having said that ... prefer a pencil to an eraser. Way to go, clubs and volunteers.  

x2 on welcoming the mouse back from his summer hiatus.

AC that looks "ugly" just looking @ the pics.

Finally some positive news up north. Hopefully the weather co-operates & the sledders visit the area.

:-)

revrnd,

The goal was to get there and it took all day to do the round trip we usually did in just over 2 hours when trails were in shape. It was great snow and the tree cutting and moving around in the deep snow made us think we might not get there. We were worried about fuel also, but was no problem. We came from Valentine's B&B in Chapleau just to see if we could.

Halfway was bought by people from my area in Michigan and have made improvements to the basics. The place was always a great place to stop and eat and when staying the night it felt like home.

It will look beautiful this year with the windows not boarded up!

Hopefully the new routes will be on the trail guides.  Don't like penciling in trails for those areas. Having said that ... prefer a pencil to an eraser. Way to go, clubs and volunteers.  

x2 on welcoming the mouse back from his summer hiatus.

I Had my Hiatus repaired - minor procedure at Soldiers Memorial -  and it no longer leaks.  I have pictures.  

I Had my #$%& repaired - minor procedure at Soldiers Memorial -  and it no longer leaks.  I have pictures.  

I was concerned about your condition, so I spoke with your doctor. He said it might still leak in the cold weather, based on his interpretation of your xrays.

post-22473-0-73095200-1443727307_thumb.jpg

This is great news!  We will be riding these trails this year once again.  I will post our trip route here in the "north" portion in the coming months.  Anyone wishing to join us for some or all is welcome.

Hey Akron,

Hope to cross path's with you. I suspect you'll be up in the north-west often this winter, now that RAP is off your bucket list.

In the meantime, we've been attending Bills games this fall and love the spirit. 

Any chance you (or other oc'rs) go to games?

(no intent to sidetrack topic . I'll p.m. future 'Go Bills' directly to Akron)

Thanks for the interest.  I haven't been to too many game since my heart was broken in the Kelly years....  It was a tough but great time here in WNY, there is nothing like the energy in our stadium when all of us are doing our best to contribute.

I am planning on attending a game or two this year.  Like you said, PM me when you're going and we'll tailgate for a few.  I look forward to it!

Awesome news, had a great time riding the Northern corridor and down to Dub last march, can't wait to do this loop!

Archived