Late Season Ride

sledjunk

Things are getting soft quickly, so I am not sure about mid April this year.

I am thinking we should try for our OC Late Season Ride around the weekend of March 27 - 29.  My plans would likely be starting on the 25 and returning on the 30.

Probably Cochrane or maybe stretch it a bit to Kap?

Suggestions?  Opinions?  Interested?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things are getting soft quickly, so I am not sure about mid April this year.

I am thinking we should try for our OC Late Season Ride around the weekend of March 24 - 26.  My plans would likely be starting on the 22 and returning on the 27.

Probably Cochrane or maybe stretch it a bit to Kap?

Suggestions?  Opinions?  Interested?

I could come up right after work on the 25th but would need to leave Friday night to head back to work unless I can switch the Saturday shift... So yes I am in for that buddy!!

Only other real option is the week before, but that is getting close.

I'm off next Sat and Sunday work till 6pm Friday so that is also a possibility and I think IQ is heading north next weekend as well...Karen is off as well so that might work if you wanted but we would need to make arrangements soon, We could do Friday night Cochrane, Sat night Hearst or Kap then back Sunday....

I'm game, would be nice for a good run before we call it a season...

Just thinking at this point, as nothing is definite.

I am thinking of basing at either Westway or Thrift Lodge in Cochrane (NOT NOrth AdVENTURE INN)

IMG00411_thm_zpsoasjjxef.jpg and then do day trips.  As I mentioned above, the other possibility, would be to drive another hour and base in Kap, that way we could have more loops options.  I have not stayed in Kap, but I think there are suitable accommodations and eateries near to the trail.  I will have to check Slomo's post from earlier in the season.

Do to unforeseen circumstances the guy I was to go North with for this coming week has had to cancel.

I'm available for whatever starting as early as Sunday as Saturday would have to be a travel day for me to get far north.  I had planned on riding between Cochrane and Kapuskasing for 5 days M-F with one day truck and trailer before and after.

LC

I am planning on going 'somewhere' this weekend, leaving Friday night and returning Monday.  Not sure where yet, but I am real particular.  There must be snow and open trails.  Maybe we can set something up?

Keep me posted because I look forward to riding March Break all year.  I will be watching the forum regularly now and I think you have my cell number to text me.

However, I am really hoping to ride more than just Sat and Sun.

I still have one guy to go with for the week so its not dead yet.  Scaling down to 3 or 4 days is always a possibility though.

Sorry guys.  I don't know what calendar I was looking at, but the dates were posted incorrectly.  The original post has been corrected, so we have to start all over.

I was thinking of the weekend of March 27 - 29 with my plans of departing Wednesday, March 25 and returning Monday March 30.

Sorry for the confusion.

Me and my wife Kim are heading for Cochrane Thursday March 19. Riding to Hearst Friday March 20, and riding back to Cochrane Saturday March 21. Sorry I will be not free for this years Oc ride...But your all more than welcome to join us!!

You ditched the "Old Man" AKA Flying Dutchman?????

Have fun!

Looks like my end of season partner might bail, so if there's a group going, and don't mind, count me in anytime after March 22, so March 25 until whenever would work. 

txtin with bill & we may bring our kids,carter & lily.best for us is stay in kap with a pool & ride from there...let me know what everyone else is doing

.best for us is stay in kap with a pool & ride from there..

Knowing you two, you can meet the group in Cochrane at 8 am every day.

Knowing you two, you can meet the group in Cochrane at 8 am every day.

And they'll start at 8:30 :lmao:

txtin with bill & we may bring our kids,carter & lily.best for us is stay in kap with a pool & ride from there...let me know what everyone else is doing

Glenn, me and Kim are heading to Cochrane next Thursday night.. Riding to Hearst and back to Cochrane on satuday.. SJ may be joining is as well...

Glenn, me and Kim are heading to Cochrane next Thursday night.. Riding to Hearst and back to Cochrane on satuday.. SJ may be joining is as well...

i might be in for this run, what hotel you guys booking?

this old dog turns 50 on fri 20th so no going anywhere far,sat family lunch or else I would have jumped on that on 1 st day...I would expect trail report for sure

this old dog turns 50 on fri 20th so no going anywhere far,sat family lunch or else I would have jumped on that on 1 st day...I would expect trail report for sure

happy b-day bud

Happy Birthday WD.... enjoy

Great idea to spend the day with family - something you will never regret. Hope you have a wonderful day!

(Who let's these kids on the forum ? ) :-)

Archived