Cedar Gables Lodge

bbakernbay

Darcy Watson at Cedar Gables Lodge gave me a tour of Cedar Gables today.

Absolutely amazing rooms, 4 in total with gorgeous decorations and features.

The larger room had a full living room, bathroom and a bedroom with 2 Queen Beds and two flat screen TV's with Sat TV.

Pricing is outstanding for such high quality and includes breakfast as well.

Inside storage for 8 sleds too.

This is a place where you take your wife or girlfriend although guy groups book in there too.

About 15 minutes east of a North Bay on Highway 17

Right on BF201.

just off Highway 17 and just east of Sec Hwy 531 to Bonfield.

cedargableslodge.com

Darcy Watson at Cedar Gables Lodge gave me a tour of Cedar Gables today.

Absolutely amazing rooms, 4 in total with gorgeous decorations and features.

The larger room had a full living room, bathroom and a bedroom with 2 Queen Beds and two flat screen TV's with Sat TV.

Pricing is outstanding for such high quality and includes breakfast as well.

Inside storage for 8 sleds too.

This is a place where you take your wife or girlfriend although guy groups book in there too.

About 15 minutes east of a North Bay on Highway 17

Right on BF20.

just off Highway 17 and just east of Sec Hwy 531 to Bonfield.

cedargableslodge.com

And close to The Dinner Bell for other meals.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I stayed at cedar gables lodge last week with Joanne and OntarioF7. I read bbakernbay (Brian)'s comments about the quality of this lodge and decided to try staying there. What an amazing stay. The lodge is warm, inviting and right next to the trail. The two owners, Darcy and Joanne, shared their knowledge and insight into the quality of the trails and local sites. We would have missed the Purdy Mica Mines and two lookouts without Darcy's recommendation to stop by. We saw deer, and fishers on the trails. The trails were wide and well maintained despite the rise in temperature. The lodge is well maintained and the two brand new suites in the lower level are amazing retreats. Breakfast was cooked to order with lots of selections. Thank you Darcey, Joanne and Brian for helping to make this a wonderful trip. Brian went above and beyond to help planning different loops, gas locations, and places to eat. We arrived at 6pm Monday night, checked in and unloaded the sleds. With the recent time change it was still light outside. Darcey suggested we ride the sleds over to "the portage" for dinner. (25km's each way). It was a great way to start the trip and my first visit to the portage. Great place, great food and friendly service.

Day 2. Was the last beautiful day before the weather started to warm up. We rode 250km of amazing trails.

We didn't ride around the top loop in the picture. I was having belt problems so decided turn back.

*photo/map picture credit to Brian.

post-22483-0-33672400-1426643920_thumb.jpg

Nb304 "look out" trail

post-22483-0-01984800-1426644868_thumb.jpg

At the end of Day 2 we had dinner at "the dinner bell". We all ordered the haddock and chips special and it was amazing. The service was just perfect and of course so was the desert.... Skor brownie sundae.

post-22483-0-85771600-1426645269_thumb.jpg

Day 3. We headed over to mattawa to check out the Mica Mines.

I took this picture for Sledjunk and Apexman.

You can see the entrance to the mine behind the braaap

post-22483-0-29155500-1426645502_thumb.jpg

The mine is located on the "a112a" 30km west of mattawa.

post-22483-0-17249900-1426645722_thumb.jpg

post-22483-0-16968900-1426645735_thumb.jpg

post-22483-0-91866300-1426645787_thumb.jpg

We hand lunch at myrt's in mattawa and it was amazing too. The perfect way to end this trip. Thanks again Darcey, Joanne, and Brian

And thank you to my fellow riders Joanne and OntarioF7

post-22483-0-62768200-1426646003_thumb.jpg

Great report, re:leaf.  Even if we have to lay down to see the pictures :poke2:

I love the BRAAAAP photo.

Great report on the trails and thanks for the review on Cedar Gables. I've looked at it on line but it is terrific to hear a first hand review. Thanks !

(Sorry about your luck ending up with OntarioF7 ) :-)

Great hosts for sure.

Thanks for the report, we will defintely look at Cedar Gables for next year.. Mryts is really good I've enjoyed it there as well.

Cheers!!

Great report  Re:leaf...BRAAAAP! ...The mine added it to the bucket list!

Nice that the host told you about the places to visit while you were there.

A112A is one of my favourite trails!!!

NBSC groomed A112A today to Mica Mine.

This weekend will probably see our Groomers returning to HQ off TOP A-D in North Bay.

I am pleased that Cedar Gables and Dinner Bell lived up to my recommendations.

Businesses like these two are absolutely vital to Snowmobilers as is The Portage.

Almost ready to wrap up another great season.

Bbakernbay, is there a closer gas station to the Dinner Bell than North Bay?

My wife and I had the great pleasure of spending 4 night at Cedar Gables a fee weeks back and I must say you cannot go wrong. Joanne and Darcy are fabulous host'. The trails in the area are awesome, they are in a great location to venture in different directions and to top it all off breakfast and dinner are made to order and Joanne is a tremendous cook. They really cannot do enough to please their guest and go above and beyond what anyone could or should expect.

My wife and I had the great pleasure of spending 4 night at Cedar Gables a fee weeks back and I must say you cannot go wrong. Joanne and Darcy are fabulous host'. The trails in the area are awesome, they are in a great location to venture in different directions and to top it all off breakfast and dinner are made to order and Joanne is a tremendous cook. They really cannot do enough to please their guest and go above and beyond what anyone could or should expect.

X2 I couldn't agree more

A great report! Thank you and Joanne for the invite. I truly look forward to returning to Cedar Gables; Darcy and Joanne are impeccable hosts. Their breakfast is outstanding and we were reminded to try their dinner menu; yet another reason to return. The rooms were spotless, well decorated, very comfortable and inviting.  It has the warmth of a B&B.  The trails were in great shape and the Mica mines, suggested by Darcy, were a highlight and a must for any rider.  

Archived