Cedar Gables Lodge

bbakernbay

Bbakernbay, is there a closer gas station to the Dinner Bell than North Bay?

There is gas in Astorville and also, with a little road scratching, at the Esso Station in Rutherglen.  You need to get off Talon Lake at the boat launch and follow the road to Hwy 17.  Maybe Brian can explain it better.

Gas is an issue in the area.

If you are trailering, there is an Esso station on Highway 17 about 8 kms east of Dinner Bell.  Also Home Hardware, groceries, beer & liquor at Gagne's.  Open 7 days a week.

Can sled to it but not recommended from Dinner Bell/Cedar Gables, also reachable by coming up Talon Lake Road but also not recommended, except in an emergency.

Nearest gas is at The Portage or Mr. Gas where D crosses Highway 17 off Trout Lake in North Bay.

Redbridge General Store open 7 days a week but no premium gas.  Just off NB300 on Songis Road at Highway 63.

The Esso is the one I was thinking of.  We went there when my son blew his track on our RAP tour a few years ago.  It wasn't bad to get to at that time as the roads were snow covered.  You do have to cross Hwy 17, but it works, as Brian says, in an emergency.

To me, one of the easiest gas stations to access is the Crevier on Lake Nosbonsing.  The stakes take you right there.  The only issue we have had is they sometimes sell out of premium on busy week-ends.  But I notice no one seems to recommend them, so is there a problem?  Are they not supporters?  If not, why is it staked to their door?

Cedar Gables was booked and I ended up staying at the Dinner Bell last night. I filled up @ the Portage this morning...pricy, but convenient. Did a loop today and battled some cooling issues, but that subsided at the end of the day due to the temp increase...left at -20, returned to +2 degrees. Came across a downed tree south of Turtle Lake that a guy just finished chopping. He said he also grooms these trails.

Great trails. Thanks for the info...I do remember the gas station in Astorville from a previous visit, but wondered if it closed and that was why it wasn't on the map.

To me, one of the easiest gas stations to access is the Crevier on Lake Nosbonsing.  The stakes take you right there.  The only issue we have had is they sometimes sell out of premium on busy week-ends.  But I notice no one seems to recommend them, so is there a problem?  Are they not supporters?  If not, why is it staked to their door?

We filled up at this gas station when we crossed Nosbonsing. Easy to get to and friendly staff.

• 2 months later...

spent Fri night at cedar gables with Joanne and Darcy and agree with all the above posts , great hosts at a great place,stayed in the large MOOSE room, fireplace and 2 flat screens,spotless and cozy , got brownie points with the wife for picking this one, got up in the morning and had a great breakfast and got all the skinney on the trails ,went Atving south of bonfeild to the lookouts , definetly going back on the sled this winter 

Great info. Thanks. Yukon speaks highly of this resort. Have to check it out next winter. Thx

One night we got lost and no one was answering the phone at the bell. Called the lady at cedar and she gave me directions on how to find the trail off of nobosing (no stakes yet, trail ended at the 3 way too in middle of the bay) stopped in for a bite to end a few beers before heading back to the dinner bell. Would stay there in a heart beat and just go over to the bell for odd meal.

One night we got lost and no one was answering the phone at the bell. Called the lady at cedar and she gave me directions on how to find the trail off of nobosing (no stakes yet, trail ended at the 3 way too in middle of the bay) stopped in for a bite to end a few beers before heading back to the dinner bell. Would stay there in a heart beat and just go over to the bell for odd meal.

that is cool that they knew the trail 

that is cool that they knew the trail

They have contact or help the club I believe. They know lots of cool sights around the area such as mica mines and a few others.

• 2 weeks later...

yukon approved? must have good beer fridge

The fact that they are a bed and breakfast and they offered to cook me a Prime rib dinner to come back to after a loop to Mattawa was the selling point for me.

Great hosts....

just had our 2nd weekend of atving from cedar gables last sat , great hosts and food ,will try some off trail sledding from the lodge this winter for sure

Sounds good Muskoka Man.  How were the ATV trails?  Where did you go?  Are you able to leave right from Cedar Gables on your ATV's?

Archived