Lake Effect SNOW!!! - Huntsville/Port Sydney

rockerdan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came down good here in Orillia overnight.

IMG_20150102_081428_zpsh9g4vni4.jpg

Some people were running up and down shore in the evening on Lake Couchiching. Braver souls than I.

Looks good syphen. Welcome to the forum

Just saw your video on TWN. Lol thought it was the weather guy talkin at first haha!

My cut off to the cottage is 592 right at Novar, my cottage is on Bay Lake....been going up there for 30yrs!

Looks like a lot more snow on the way for tonight and through saturday!

So it was played on the weather network on TV?    Or just on their site?

That is too funny!  lol

Heading out to snowblow today!  

Great photos, not near as much snow in our area! It will come...

LIVIN'

It was on TV Dan,nice vid by the way, got our back trails packed down yesterday, might put the drag across them today , if Pt Sydney club needs a bit of packing from 37and D up to Mary lake let me know 

Ya it was on tv...

Fixed that bit of snow in the backyard. First time I've pulled the Apex out this year. Just rode around the yard a couple times.  Over the neighbors house by running down the beach. Ice looks too patchy and not firm here yet. IMG_20150102_140230_zpsafa696c7.jpg

Looks like your right on the kooch! I can see the weeds! Lol

cooch is full of ice fishermen today when I drove by...the south end

Groomers are out in Huntsville and Dwight.

Perfect. I see Highland rovers are out too. Heading to the camp in Sprucedale friday morning.  :icon_hyper:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=825357794172990

cooch is full of ice fishermen today when I drove by...the south end

I saw a few cutting fresh holes and walked out to talk to them.  6-8" Is what they are finding. On the Simcoe bay directly across the road its patchy with open water visible. I walked out with a bud about 20 yards and you could hear it cracking.

Seguin opened today officially, from DYW / to kearney.    Also(ASC) Dwight area around Oxtongue....

here we go!!!

I know hill n gully has packed alot, and should be opening this week as well....and I broke my trail yesterday myself, no trees down on 52.   I will be measuring ice thickness on Mary Lake this week too.

Lots more pics over on dootalk.http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/980001-lake-effect-snow-huntsvilleport-sydney/

Dan

post-23178-0-55679200-1420502407_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-02028300-1420502412_thumb.jpg

I was checking every 15 mins thismornin lol. Opened around 7:30-8am...started jumpin around like a little school girl!

I was jumping around on my Arctic Cat this morning between Kearney and Sprucedale.

Then lunch at the Iron Skillet.

Great few hours. Many more to come!

post-22473-0-90566600-1420505152_thumb.jpg

I was jumping around on my Arctic Cat this morning between Kearney and Sprucedale.

attachicon.gif20150105_133821.jpg

how are trails...still alittle ruff or smooth ?

Oh, they were smooth enough. I was "jumping around" in excitement, not because of roughness. Mark Reynolds from Highland Rovers says they're having issues with one of the groomers, but they are working on it.

The Seguin was not super smooth, but fine for cruising along. Saw about ten sleds in the two and a half hours I was out. At one point between Hiway 11 and Sprucedale, the club had to put a Stop Sign on the Sequin Trail, due to water running across the trail from one swamp to another. Not normal. Trail west of Sprucedale is still closed. I assume high water is a factor in that.

20150105_133821.jpg

Haha! Good one! Glad your enjoying. My brother bailed on me for Saturday. Even offered my spare sled, fuel n oil....says he's Gona install a new dishwasher, really??? Can't that wait? His loss, called 2 more buddies, both are workin....oh well

Lake effect snow picking up again here on Mary Lake....another 3 inches down at 2pm, lots more to come today before streamers shift south later.

Some good pics over on dootalk showing south end of Hill n Gullys D trail groomed(not just packed) and coming along nicely..

SIDE NOTE: My Custom V nose trailer is going up for sale, posted on dootalk and HCS

*TRAILER LINKS*

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/987074-rr-custom-v-nose-for-sale/

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/308-trailers/1283114-r-r-aluminum-custom-v-nose.html

thanks gang

Dan

post-23178-0-44419800-1420571348_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-78103100-1420571356_thumb.jpg

post-23178-0-14402400-1420571365_thumb.jpg

Archived