Short trip Dec 27-30 to Cochrane

LondonCalling

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are trails holding up?  1000 sleds out there with flick finger.  The trails are rough.  If you come up here, pray for grooming.  i wonder how "The Intrepid Snowmobiler" would rate these trails ?  Table top smooth ?

Ran into the Dufftom's at the Moonbeam Club House.  Those OC stickers really work.

BP

Its a Clint Eastwood movie.. The good, the bad and the ugly

Oh boy!

Edit- we are just down the corner from your room. I think you were checking out the damage when we were wrenching on the 800.

Knock on room 124.  

We had a great ride today....328 km...rode A106C to C to A....gas at Smooth Rock...lunch at Moonbeam, where we met BigPussy....had to laugh at his OC name!!!...rode back the same way....We met Reevester on the ride back....glad to meet him!!!! .....Stopped in to see LondonCalling, no answer at your door.......Really no complaints with the trails. The club is doing the best they can. There is a lot of sledders here..We are glad we came up...with no sledding at home in awhile???...we might as well make Cochrane our Chistmas Holiday.

We had a great ride today....328 km...rode A106C to C to A....gas at Smooth Rock...lunch at Moonbeam, where we met BigPussy....had to laugh at his OC name!!!...rode back the same way....We met Reevester on the ride back....glad to meet him!!!! .....Stopped in to see LondonCalling, no answer at your door.......Really no complaints with the trails. The club is doing the best they can. There is a lot of sledders here..We are glad we came up...with no sledding at home in awhile???...we might as well make Cochrane our Chistmas Holiday.

Maybe he had too much whiskey!

Maybe he had too much whiskey!

Curtains were open,lights were on,did not see anybody past out on the bed,unless he was having a dose on the throne.

sorry we missed u    was eating 

another fresh whiskey in rm now tho

35% left in breakin    almost 360 km of clint eastwood riding today

should be broke tomorrow     brraaaaaapp

accidentally deled your number tom

8am start tomorrow

If anyone is interested we are heading up to Cochrane Wednesday evening through to Sunday, Going to do a overnight for a couple of days towards Hearst and Kap and explore some of the local trails, If anyone is interested in joining us please let me know!!!

Hey Nunz wish I could make it but to many things going on here at home. have a safe trip!!!!

Would be nice to get some miles on soon thou, this green grass thing is getting old. Lol

Be sure to post up some pics!  I'm heading up on the 15th, so look forward to the pics!

Sick of looking at grass and mud down here! 

If anyone is interested we are heading up to Cochrane Wednesday evening through to Sunday, Going to do a overnight for a couple of days towards Hearst and Kap and explore some of the local trails, If anyone is interested in joining us please let me know!!!

Any details of your group? 

Any details of your group? 

It will be my wife and I and another couple as well, staying 2 nights in Cochrane and 2 nights in Hearst then heading back... Hopefully get to meet up with Denis one night for a beverage... Hotels are all booked..

Have fun! Thanks for the text, but working .. damn!

hi nunz  am leaving for cochrane wed.am. doing canyon, hearst and dubreuilville. staying at the pig barn aka  north adv. inn. will call you on thurs..

hi nunz  am leaving for cochrane wed.am. doing canyon, hearst and dubreuilville. staying at the pig barn aka  north adv. inn. will call you on thurs.

Kewl!!!!

Lets plan on meeting up at some point...Cheers my friend..

We did 186 km today.....did the local loop around Cochrane and up the east side of the Canyon trail...we watched the gas gauge then turned around.......the Canyon trail was smooth....the Polar Bear warm up shack was a welcome relief today....it was f'ing freezing today....tomorrow???...depends on where the groomer goes???..If they don't do the A trail tonight, we might just do the same loop we did today....suppose to be just as cold tomorrow......Has anyone heard whats going on with the groomers in the Canyon??

hi nunz  am leaving for cochrane wed.am. doing canyon, hearst and dubreuilville. staying at the pig barn aka  north adv. inn. will call you on thurs..

Pig Barn , LMAO

Pig Barn , LMAO

LMAO also.  Sad though really.  I use to love going there MANY years ago.

We did 186 km today.....did the local loop around Cochrane and up the east side of the Canyon trail...we watched the gas gauge then turned around.......the Canyon trail was smooth....the Polar Bear warm up shack was a welcome relief today....it was f'ing freezing today....tomorrow???...depends on where the groomer goes???..If they don't do the A trail tonight, we might just do the same loop we did today....suppose to be just as cold tomorrow......Has anyone heard whats going on with the groomers in the Canyon??

We met them at the warm up shack around 2 today. They said it would be 6 more hours and he was parking it at gardnier I believe he said. So if there back at home now probably I dont know if they will go back out.... Maybe. He said the got to fraserdale at 3am this morning got 5 hours of sleep and left the canyon at 8 this morning. They have been going hard for sure and it is appreciated by many.

We did spilt a bunch of wood and some kindling for the Shack too in the afternoon when we stopped on the way back from the canyon. I was worried cause we past a lot of sleds heading up and they were on the last drum of gas. Hope they all make it back.

Good thing i didnt know it was called that when we stayed there  :Drinking2:

We met them at the warm up shack around 2 today. They said it would be 6 more hours and he was parking it at gardnier I believe he said. So if there back at home now probably I dont know if they will go back out.... Maybe. He said the got to fraserdale at 3am this morning got 5 hours of sleep and left the canyon at 8 this morning. They have been going hard for sure and it is appreciated by many.

We did spilt a bunch of wood and some kindling for the Shack too in the afternoon when we stopped on the way back from the canyon. I was worried cause we past a lot of sleds heading up and they were on the last drum of gas. Hope they all make it back.

Did you do the loop? And if so how long did it take.

Thanks

Home tonight at 10pm.. I'm still in one piece (lol....sorry lucky)        Breakin was completed at 700 km mark today.  Mission complete but still have a short ride tomorrow.  Likely do what dufftom did today.  Need to put at least 80 km one way for 160 there and back to reach goal number 2 of 1000km.  Then trailer up and go home.

Trails today around Kapuskasing were mint mint mint, unbelievably mint, did i say they were mint. 

Archived