Short trip Dec 27-30 to Cochrane

LondonCalling

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you do the loop? And if so how long did it take.

Thanks

Nope up and down the Cochrane side. Smooth rock side was crap we heard. Took us 8 hours would have been shorter to do the loop.

Check your messages..

Nunz

uote name="jimcb1" post="172150" timestamp="1419944556"]

my wife and I are going up Wednesday to ride a few days maybe meet up with some of you ,it mite be a good idea to ride with other people

Home tonight at 10pm.. I'm still in one piece (lol....sorry lucky)        Breakin was completed at 700 km mark today.  Mission complete but still have a short ride tomorrow.  Likely do what dufftom did today.  Need to put at least 80 km one way for 160 there and back to reach goal number 2 of 1000km.  Then trailer up and go home.

Trails today around Kapuskasing were mint mint mint, unbelievably mint, did i say they were mint. 

Hey Nunz, I am thinking you should definitely run Kap while you are up there.  Nice report by LONDON CALLING.  Lucky guys and gals.  Damn damn !!! :Drinking2::banghead: :banghead:

Riding bud of mine with London sent this pic earlier today. The pic was titled with just an "H" so I'm assuming Hearst.

Buddy showed us a similar picture while having breakfast this morning,that he took with his phone.Said it was on the west side of the canyon.

Hey Nunz, I am thinking you should definitely run Kap while you are up there.  Nice report by LONDON CALLING.  Lucky guys and gals.  Damn damn !!! :Drinking2::banghead: :banghead:

Yuppers we are, spending Wednesday and Thursday in Cochrane and Friday and Saturday in Hearst, we are planning on running a bunch of local trails.. Wish you guys were coming up... February vacation isn't too far away.... Woot woot woot!!!!

I just checked the Ofsc site and its all green and yellow right to Hearst, that's always a nice ride. Jmcb1 you guys are more than welcome to join us if you like.

On the SRF side of A103, they had a stuck groomer so that helps explain the "crap" comments.  The Polar Bear Riders sent their 3rd groomer to pull it out.  Everything was pulled out as of last night and SRF club apologized for the set back and will have things in better shape soon.

Happy New Years guys!! Just got into the Westway and gonna take a little nap then heading for the canyon in the morning.. I'll post pics when I get back Monday!!

All the best to all of you ..

Cheers

Ride safely guys.

Is the gas guy open at the canyon?

I see Extreme Tours posted on the Polar Bear Riders FB page.....they are now open for business.

Gas is available at the canyon.. Had a great day put on 200 miles today, there's a ton of people up here. The trail from smooth rock to Cochrane was a little beat up but not complaining. Really enjoying the extra power of the new 800.

Cheers guys!!

Where's all the pics?!?!?!?  

I've been following this thread patiently waiting!  Ha!!

Headin up there in 2 weeks and liking the updates.

I can't post pics from my iPhone but I'll post pics Monday morning..

Awesome! Thanks!

Sounds like fun, Nunzio!

I hardly took any pics.  Nothing exciting anyway.  I was busy riding and didn't want to rub it in to the guys who weren't.  I was really just thinking of all of you guys.....lol

East side of Canyon loop at the warm up shack.

20141229_150450.jpg

C trail to Smooth Rock Falls

20141228_094519.jpg

20141228_090513.jpg

20141228_094511.jpg

Beauty pics !!! How are the trails setting up with the cold ?  There was concern about the mild weather and no grooming last week .....

Beauty pics !!! How are the trails setting up with the cold ?  There was concern about the mild weather and no grooming last week .....

Everything was good when we were there, little rough on the A trail near Cochrane which can be expected with all the traffic.

I have pictures of our trip,but i cannot get them to go from my blackberry to this site.They go through all my emails,what am i doing wrong.Either pm me or start a new topic so we are not getting away from this one.

Archived