OFSC 2014-2015? What happens next season?

Grimm

Sorry I meant revenue....

If FFC revenue is 20% higher then projected and 13% higher than what it was in 12/13... That means FFC revenue original projections were 7% below the 12/13 revenues...

I'm not doubting the fact that the FFC worked.. Based on the numbers for revenue, it worked much better than anyone was able to project.

Your still not interpreting those numbers right IMHO

Say the FFC predicted a 7% increase in revenues of $10,000,000 and that equals $700,000 and if the actual was 20% higher than they predicted then you generate another $140,000.for a total of $840,000 so your revenues increased by 8.4%.

Anyone making a prediction on this is not going to stick their neck out too far no matter what the "Survey says"

What matters is the TP' sales are up and revenues are up.

What we really need to deal with is whether these revenues are sufficient.

VAL Tag revenue is not coming anytime soon in my opinion.

Cracking down on Freeloaders has not happened and i think problem is getting worse.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your still not interpreting those numbers right IMHO

Say the FFC predicted a 7% increase in revenues of $10,000,000 and that equals $700,000 and if the actual was 20% higher than they predicted then you generate another $140,000.for a total of $840,000 so your revenues increased by 8.4%.

Anyone making a prediction on this is not going to stick their neck out too far no matter what the "Survey says"

What matters is the TP' sales are up and revenues are up.

What we really need to deal with is whether these revenues are sufficient.

VAL Tag revenue is not coming anytime soon in my opinion.

Cracking down on Freeloaders has not happened and i think problem is getting worse.

I checked for free loaders in my area this winter. It was actually allot better then last winter. 3 years ago, trails never opened in d5 and d9. So the winter after many were riding without a permit. This past winter I only seen a few sleds without permits, maybe explains why tps are up. We have regular patrols here and if you go into any towns you run the risk of getting checked while fuelling or eating, especially on the weekends. I ran into the police three times this winter, on the trails and twice in cars doing checks near town at trail exit. Last 5 years I have only been stopped 2 times.

OPP presence seemed much less this year in our area but they advised our District that they laid 21 charges for no TP's.

Never saw a single one this year.. Unless you count the two sleds parked at the OPP station in Picton.

Most police forces were over budget again, leaving little resources for patrolling snowmobile trails.

Most police forces were over budget again, leaving little resources for patrolling snowmobile trails.

The OPP can just arbitrarily raise the amount that it charges the municipalities and therefore your property taxes

Never saw a single one this year.. Unless you count the two sleds parked at the OPP station in Picton.

Maybe true in your area but I got stopped three times in one day on the Sequin. Got stopped twice on my way to the radar run on Horseshoe lake and then stopped again by the same cop on my way back.

Maybe true in your area but I got stopped three times in one day on the Sequin. Got stopped twice on my way to the radar run on Horseshoe lake and then stopped again by the same cop on my way back.

So can you write a letter about this? Everybody complains so I complain for you the answer that I get is that nobody but me is complaing therefore it must only be a problem for me. Your letters would help.

Why complain about getting stopped. Cops around here don't bother checking for speed. In the open fields they could fine almost everyone. Need to do thier job and check for papers especially insurance and hammer down on TP free loaders and sledders that roll through stop signs. It is too bad they setup radar traps on the sequin. I can understand the odd one but it seems almost every weekend someone is complaining about getting fined. I guess they get bonuses for bringing in the most tickets in a weekend up there.

So can you write a letter about this? Everybody complains so I complain for you the answer that I get is that nobody but me is complaing therefore it must only be a problem for me. Your letters would help.

Can you tell me where to send it and I will thanks......

Can you tell me where to send it and I will thanks......

I can also mention when I got stopped on the sequin how the cop went on about chin straps. I showed him mine and said I wish I had a longer strap as I have a fat head. He then told me he has trouble finding a helmet to fit his big head. He was wearing a G-Max helmet. I then told him I could not get a G-max helmet on because it is too small. He then told me that he couldn't get it on also so he took his baton and beat the foam in until it fit ! Now everyone knows once you compress the foam like that the helmets ability to work properly in an accident is compromised. I wanted to say something but I am standing on the wrong side of the badge and I was getting a speeding ticket for doing 87km/h on the sequin rail bed.  

I wonder how much has been spent on providing services where the results have little effect.  Could some of this been allocated to other areas that need additional resources?

The OPP are patrolling where they see a need. If they were on the Sequin and didn't see anybody speeding all day they would likely go elsewhere. Face it, it is a trail that invites people to speed. It doesn't mean it is safe for higher speeds. Some people don't like to have a sled blowing past them at 100 kph or higher. I'm sure the cops aren't fining people for 5 over the limit. Anybody who gets caught speeding has nobody but themselves to blame and should stop snivelling. It's a chance we take and get away with most of the time.

The OPP are patrolling where they see a need. If they were on the Sequin and didn't see anybody speeding all day they would likely go elsewhere. Face it, it is a trail that invites people to speed. It doesn't mean it is safe for higher speeds. Some people don't like to have a sled blowing past them at 100 kph or higher. I'm sure the cops aren't fining people for 5 over the limit. Anybody who gets caught speeding has nobody but themselves to blame and should stop snivelling. It's a chance we take and get away with most of the time.

depends on the cop, cop told us that 5k over got a ticket from him

50k max on trails like the Sequin is nuts. If sledders had to stick to the 50k limit it would kill saddle bag trips in this province.

link?

I sure hope they don't drop the Classic or freeze it at 1999. I have a 2000 sled that I have been looking forward to buying a Classic for. Have not bought a permit for that sled since the kids moved away in 2006. Will not put a regular permit on a sled that gets used a couple times a winter at Christmas time then it sits till the next year.

I would buy a classic permit for it and will if one is available for me next year.

There are many who think along the same lines Sasquatch. I bought a Classic permit for our '98 for the same reasons - occasional ride for a child. It's since been sold and I hope that the new owner took advantage of the Classic permit last year. A 15 year old sled will be used less frequently and for shorter distances.

Keep the progressing 15 year start date - consumers have planned for this (like Sasquatch above).

There are many who think along the same lines Sasquatch. I bought a Classic permit for our '98 for the same reasons - occasional ride for a child. It's since been sold and I hope that the new owner took advantage of the Classic permit last year. A 15 year old sled will be used less frequently and for shorter distances. Keep the progressing 15 year start date - consumers have planned for this (like Sasquatch above).

I got 5000klick the past 2 seasons on my 19yrold sled and know a few others that rack up 2000klicks a season on their older sleds

Like mentioned earlier maybe Classic permit sled MAYBE should be for your 2nd sled or 3rd sled in your garage being at least 15yrs old which in theory would not be used as much thus not creating the trail strain of a higher seasonal mileage sled

With groomed trails you can rack up many miles, when not groomed that is when an older sled is a pain to ride, I have done 400-600+km day rides and felt great after due to the fact the trails where groomed

I got 5000klick the past 2 seasons on my 19yrold sled and know a few others that rack up 2000klicks a season on their older sleds

Like mentioned earlier maybe Classic permit sled MAYBE should be for your 2nd sled or 3rd sled in your garage being at least 15yrs old which in theory would not be used as much thus not creating the trail strain of a higher seasonal mileage sled

With groomed trails you can rack up many miles, when not groomed that is when an older sled is a pain to ride, I have done 400-600+km day rides and felt great after due to the fact the trails where groomed

Absolutely right. Our 1990 Cheyenne rides on leaf springs in front, and it's as comfy to trail ride as the Formula Deluxe.  Throw in a ditch-bang stretch of 100 yards and I lose the wife right quick though ... lol !  But I must agree, the 15 years old cap should follow the same trend as it has been.  

I think that there's a valid argument about the less trail strain issue with Classics, although it only takes one bonehead with a paddle track on any year sled to damage the trails, when they purposely do so.  You could have 200 riders like myself and my wife go down the trail and do less damage than one idiot on a Summit.  I've seen it happen enough times.

Anyway, if trail permit costs go up by ten bucks, I'd be kind of OK with that, considering what value we get with our passes.  If and When I get a modern sled I'll happily get a pass on it as well, regardless of the winter forecast.  We just have too much fun on them up here !!!

Really? Keep the rolling 15 year limit on classics? C'mon guys these are sleds that have been bought and paid for long ago, maintenance is user friendly and suspension and ride ergos in last 10 years haven't changed radically. Meanwhile those of us with new sleds have far more complicated engine systems that usually require a dealer's computer (Etec?), alot of people have financed their $15000 purchase and the depreciation and there's a good chance the insurance premiums they are paying are higher then on a 10 year old sled. 

Compared to a new sled owner and pass buyer, a classic owner is already ahead when it comes to money in the pocket. Step up and pay. 

I think classics should be 25 years old or older. Like a 1976 polaris tx 440 is a classic, not a 1998 xcr 700 with triple pipes that can scream past me with an ad bovin skid in it.

I think classics should be 25 years old or older. Like a 1976 polaris tx 440 is a classic, not a 1998 xcr 700 with triple pipes that can scream past me with an ad bovin skid in it.

Very true, but my 96 380 fan is a classic design :)

Maybe the classic permit should be limited to engine sizes as well.. say nothing over 500cc.

Archived