Hydro Property - Cost for use proposal

yamahas

Our power was some of the cheapest until the PCs deregulated it back in 98. So don't go blaming the Liberals completely. Sure they gave us this stupid green energy act that hasn't helped the rates. But Harris and his cronies started the ball rolling in the first place.

And anyone you thinks voting in a different party will make things better, your drinking some powerful Kool-aid....doesn't matter what party is in charge, all they care about is who is going to help them stay in power. So if they have to bend laws, and sell out the province to do so, they will.

To fix our economy, we need to stop letting uneducated people in to Canada and bring in people that can help our country, not those looking for a free handout and that are just going to drag the system down. We need to stop outsourcing jobs over seas, and bringing in cheap off shore labour. Things that are control in Ottawa, which is a PC Government.

As for companies moving to Quebec.. It's not because of the cheaper power. Actually Quebec is having huge power issues this year. My friend in Montreal has been in the dark more times then he can count, and for days at a time not minutes or hours.

Companies are moving to Quebec because there are huge subsides for doing it. Paid for by the province. A province with no money to do so, but Ottawa gives them all they need. I know lots of people that have been downsized and lost jobs because of this. Quebec gets away with whatever they want whenever they want.

Amen! 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our power was some of the cheapest until the PCs deregulated it back in 98. So don't go blaming the Liberals completely. Sure they gave us this stupid green energy act that hasn't helped the rates. But Harris and his cronies started the ball rolling in the first place.

I can't remember for sure but wasn't part of the increase in power costs because there were such heavy government subsidies that the actual cost of power was not reflected in the bill? There is only one tax payer so I would rather know what the actual costs are than have them hidden in other taxes- and then we can address how to lower them. And the solution is obviously not 'Green' power, that just made things worse for the next 20 years.

Could possibly be something as simple as there is no formal documented agreement between Hydro One and the OFSC. This was the case I ran in to a little more than a year ago when MTO was looking at shutting down all trails on MTO land. A quick call to Mike Farr, and we I believe now have a formal agreement with MTO and I was told to go ahead and submit a proposal for a reroute using MTO land.

Sudbury Trail Plan I know has had LUPs with Ontario Hydro corridors for decades

Would think that any other club or Association has had LUPs for decades also

And anyone you thinks voting in a different party will make things better, your drinking some powerful Kool-aid....doesn't matter what party is in charge, all they care about is who is going to help them stay in power. So if they have to bend laws, and sell out the province to do so, they will.

To fix our economy, we need to stop letting uneducated people in to Canada and bring in people that can help our country, not those looking for a free handout and that are just going to drag the system down. We need to stop outsourcing jobs over seas, and bringing in cheap off shore labour. Things that are control in Ottawa, which is a PC Government.

As for companies moving to Quebec.. It's not because of the cheaper power. Actually Quebec is having huge power issues this year. My friend in Montreal has been in the dark more times then he can count, and for days at a time not minutes or hours.

Companies are moving to Quebec because there are huge subsides for doing it. Paid for by the province. A province with no money to do so, but Ottawa gives them all they need. I know lots of people that have been downsized and lost jobs because of this. Quebec gets away with whatever they want whenever they want.

Most immigrants I know are hard workers

Off shoring just just look at the Tax rates and Hydro rates Ontario has when it comes to businesses the past decade aslo everyone is offshoring as the shareholders demand record profit and don't care how they get it

Yup and I'm not saying anything bad about those who do. I don't care who you are or where you are from, as long as you pull your own weight like the rest of us.

But a lot don't, or they screw the system. Take Brampton, their school system is getting killed and is under funded. You have full families, Grandparents, parents, kids, sometimes 10-14 people with 5 and 6 school age kids living in a single house. That has education tax levy meant for 2 kids, so 4 are going to school with no tax base to support them. It's a huge problem there. Just one more reason out education system is in the situation it is.

Sorry for getting way off topic on this one :(

But I'm sure the whole Hyrdo One deal is because of the nanny state we are becoming. Where no one has to take respondabitly for their actions. So they just sue and loom for handouts, and it's only going to get worse.

Sports like ours are the first ones to feel it.

no apperantly thats up to the local club

F em pipe line is 500 meters away and not on the ofsc trail system but packed well enough to ride at a decent trot

this is bullshit (ban me for cussing Dom or Viper) I live in d17 yet I cant buy a local permit I have to go online with a cc then I find out we have no access to 50 year old trails.... f that

this year i will not buy a permit for any sled in the yard and will stay off the few d17 trails left

I will bush and lake run in back country instead :{

Yep that will show em! Way to stick it to the Ontario Hydro One by telling the D.P.T.C. to F em! I can sell you a local permit anytime you want one! You could have bought a local permit online and still can! Kind of sounds like any excuse to not buy won out in this case! Sorry to see you go but I won't go down that easy, Giving up is not in my nature!

Long way to go before Jan 1rst and this affects more then D17. I'll keep a cooler head and wait and see what the OFSC and the minister come up with!

reg tags on all sled are up to date as is insurance and as I will back country this winter the ofsc and ontario hydro can kiss my ass. no disrespect meant to ofsc volunteers in any way shape or form

Disrespect taken! Pray tell just what does the OFSC have to do with Hydro One? Hydro One makes a tax grab and you pile on the OFSC and the local club! Way to bow out and leave everyone else hanging! Or are you mad because the OFSC asked you to use your CC! Good grief! I can't believe what I'm hearing!

Off shoring just just look at the Tax rates and Hydro rates Ontario has when it comes to businesses the past decade aslo everyone is offshoring as the shareholders demand record profit and don't care how they get it

Wish we had Manitobas hydro rates!

Personally... with all the pros and cons of living in Ontario balanced out... there isn't any other place I would rather live. Perfection doesn't exist. That ceased when Adam bit into the apple. Onatrio... love it or leave it. You always have the option.

Compared to most of the U.S. our electrical rates are still relatively low. I see the electrical costs for our data centres in Washington, Ohio, Kentucky, Texas, Arizona, California and Slough in the U.K.. Essentially we are in good shape compared to their costs and data centres are huge consumers of electrical power. In most major U.S. cities data centres account for 50% of all electricity consumed.

Personally... with all the pros and cons of living in Ontario balanced out... there isn't any other place I would rather live. Perfection doesn't exist. That ceased when Adam bit into the apple. Onatrio... love it or leave it. You always have the option.

Compared to most of the U.S. our electrical rates are still relatively low. I see the electrical costs for our data centres in Washington, Ohio, Kentucky, Texas, Arizona, California and Slough in the U.K.. Essentially we are in good shape compared to their costs and data centres are huge consumers of electrical power. In most major U.S. cities data centres account for 50% of all electricity consumed.

So now we see the true problem!  Too many F@@king computers! :lol:

So now we see the true problem!  Too many F@@king computers! :lol:

Nah, too many CRAC units....did i just say crac? damn now Ford is calling me  :Drinking2:

i would guess you have never lived in Nova Scotia, 

i would guess you have never lived in Nova Scotia, 

with or without a job,,, that is the difference,,

Nah, too many CRAC units....did i just say crac? damn now Ford is calling me  :Drinking2:

did he inhale??

Compared to most of the U.S. our electrical rates are still relatively low. I see the electrical costs for our data centres in Washington, Ohio, Kentucky, Texas, Arizona, California

Yup... Check it out... And be thankful we don't live in Hawaii. Most of their power comes from oil fired plants.

http://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/epm_table_grapher.cfm?t=epmt_5_6_a

Love it or leave it! Nice! I guess we can always find ways to justify Hydro rates and gas costs and home heating! To bad Ontario is now a have not province and have not provinces have moved ahead of us to become have provinces.

I'd still like to have Manitoba Hydro rates. Please don't tell me to leave again! I like where I live its just the cost of hydro a hundred miles away is half price! :mad:

Yup... Check it out... And be thankful we don't live in Hawaii. Most of their power comes from oil fired plants.

http://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/epm_table_grapher.cfm?t=epmt_5_6_a

Heating their homes are a non issue as well as a moderate temperature so air conditioning is not a must! Yep just like us! LOL! Hey I'll always go for cheaper but there is also always some one worse off then yourself!

Maybe the wind power they installed and then abandoned only because the incentive money dried up, in other words the hydro was cheaper and profitable but the company closed it when the government stopped paying them a suppliment on top of the profit they where already making off hydro. There are abandoned wind power farms all over the world. Built to get the government incentives and closed once those run out. Its the RONA thing. Its not that they don't make money, its that they don't make the amount of money they want to. I've seen so many profitable companys closed because a 15% RONA was not enough 20% return is what they wanted. More profitable to fold it up and move on to the next government teat and let someone else buy it with government incentives. Worst is, its us the investors who buy stock who want the big return on our investments. We are not happy with a smaller return so in the end we are the problem. We create our own job losses!

http://www.hydroquebec.com/publications/en/comparison_prices/pdf/comp_2012_en.pdf

Here is data on hydro prices including all the fee's we pay across all major cities in Canada

and the us. This was 2012 data.

Quebec city is 6.76 cents a kw/hr and Toronto is 13.57 cents a kw/hr. I heard Quebec has dropped the 2013 rates to 4.8 cents a kw/hr, while Toronto would be about 16 cents now under the new rates.

They are good now but who knows now with our stupid government

http://www.hydroquebec.com/publications/en/comparison_prices/pdf/comp_2012_en.pdf

Here is data on hydro prices including all the fee's we pay across all major cities in Canada

and the us. This was 2012 data.

Quebec city is 6.76 cents a kw/hr and Toronto is 13.57 cents a kw/hr. I heard Quebec has dropped the 2013 rates to 4.8 cents a kw/hr, while Toronto would be about 16 cents now under the new rates.

Quebec is cheap because they have so much Hyrdo electric generating capacity.. Way more than they need, they sell it to the US and turn the profits back to keep their own rates low. BC does this as well.

Love it or leave it! Nice! I guess we can always find ways to justify Hydro rates and gas costs and home heating! To bad Ontario is now a have not province and have not provinces have moved ahead of us to become have provinces.

I'd still like to have Manitoba Hydro rates. Please don't tell me to leave again! I like where I live its just the cost of hydro a hundred miles away is half price! :mad:

Essentially I was suggesting that everyone has the option to move to somewhere that conditions are overall more favourable in their mind.

So, I wrote a nice Email to our Premier Wynne regarding this issue and the damage that it may cause to organized snowmobiling in Ontario. I received a return Email which certainly looks like it was written by Kathleen at least her name is at the bottom and her Email address is on it.

She thanked me  and said that this issue falls within the jurisdiction of  Glenn Murray, Minister of Infrastructure and that she would forward my Email to him and either the minister or a ministry staff member would respond to me directly.

I was impressed that I even got a personal response (even if she didn't write it) and the promise of more.

Maybe some of you OCer's should give it a go. Can't hurt.

So, I wrote a nice Email to our Premier Wynne regarding this issue and the damage that it may cause to organized snowmobiling in Ontario. I received a return Email which certainly looks like it was written by Kathleen at least her name is at the bottom and her Email address is on it.

She thanked me  and said that this issue falls within the jurisdiction of  Glenn Murray, Minister of Infrastructure and that she would forward my Email to him and either the minister or a ministry staff member would respond to me directly.

I was impressed that I even got a personal response (even if she didn't write it) and the promise of more.

well done...

Great idea... Emails can be sent here....

http://www.ontla.on.ca/web/members/members_detail.do?locale=en&ID=7145

Sudbury Trail Plan I know has had LUPs with Ontario Hydro corridors for decades

Would think that any other club or Association has had LUPs for decades also

A LUP can be cancelled by either party with 30 days written notice to the other so if Hydro withdraws a LUP that is the end of it.

Hopefully the politicians will kill or modify this proposal to assist the OFSC, otherwise it could be a huge problem.

Even moving our trail in a few spots to achieve 15 metres clearance would be a huge expense.

Archived