Hydro Property - Cost for use proposal

yamahas

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kiss your northan ontario trails good bye

azz hats,,,

actually glad that the nearest ofsc trail from my house is a half hour ride.... thousonds of miles of lake and back country that we used to run back in the old days is still open and available from my front door . Sad to see the day where the few groomed trails we had go but well thats how they want it so thats how they will get it

Ontario's power is way more expensive then michigian, new York and quebec is 60 percent cheaper then Ontario now. This concerns me. How are business that use a fair bit of power suppose to compete with area's around us.

Don't vote the Liberals in then

no apperantly thats up to the local club

F em pipe line is 500 meters away and not on the ofsc trail system but packed well enough to ride at a decent trot

this is bullshit (ban me for cussing Dom or Viper) I live in d17 yet I cant buy a local permit I have to go online with a cc then I find out we have no access to 50 year old trails.... f that

this year i will not buy a permit for any sled in the yard and will stay off the few d17 trails left

I will bush and lake run in back country instead :{

no apperantly thats up to the local club

F em pipe line is 500 meters away and not on the ofsc trail system but packed well enough to ride at a decent trot

this is bullshit (ban me for cussing Dom or Viper) I live in d17 yet I cant buy a local permit I have to go online with a cc then I find out we have no access to 50 year old trails.... f that

this year i will not buy a permit for any sled in the yard and will stay off the few d17 trails left

I will bush and lake run in back country instead :{

We look forward to your valtags  :icon_cankick:

reg tags on all sled are up to date as is insurance and as I will back country this winter the ofsc and ontario hydro can kiss my ass. no disrespect meant to ofsc volunteers in any way shape or form

We look forward to your valtags  :icon_cankick:

Lol! This is how it starts. Long time permit buyers opt out. Soon the club can't find enough volunteers to get the trail open, which causes more people to stop buying, then you don't make your 50, then...D16 revisited. Val tag fees? There'll be no one left to send them to!

It is currently a local issue in district 8 . As of this time no such issues exist elsewhere . Here in D10 hydro does not own the right of ways MNR does . Hydro cannot charge us as we have land use with MNR . I would bet the same exists in D17

Ontario's power is way more expensive then michigian, new York and quebec is 60 percent cheaper then Ontario now. This concerns me. How are business that use a fair bit of power suppose to compete with area's around us.

Probably the main reason Xstrata closed the Met Site (600 jobs) in Timmins & moved refining to their Noranda operations in Quebec.

D15 16 and 17 unlike those farther south are mostly crown land and the trails have been thier since dog sled days and in some cases so narrow the groomer hsa not a hope in hell of getting in or out.

D15 16 and 17 unlike those farther south are mostly crown land and the trails have been thier since dog sled days and in some cases so narrow the groomer hsa not a hope in hell of getting in or out.

So hydro cannot stop them

This is a potentially huge problem through southern Ont farmland. Locally Hydro bought the property it crossed years ago so it owned the land under it's transmission towers. Somebody finally smartened up and decided they only needed the right-of-way across the land and did not actually need to have ownership. Hydro then tried to sell the various pieces of land back to the farmers. As a lot of this land was across the back of the farm and through scrub land or bush some of the farmers decided they did not need to have the land back. We now have a mish mash of landowners under the hydro lines in our area. I expect other areas are similar. We will have farmers owing the land our trail is on and then we will have 900' of Hydro owned property in the middle of a block. It will be a pain to create new trail around this.

I guess no one reads the other topics around here before posting new :( two other active topics on this same issue...

But yes it sucks, but it's the world we live in today... It could be a plan by Hyrdo One to drive us from their land, because of the way people are becoming sue happy. Some one crashes hits a Hydro tower sues Hydro One and wins millions.

It very well could be a cover your ass deal with Hydro One.

This has been an issue for many years but always managed to skirt the issue.

it is now front and center, has to be delt with

This has been an issue for many years but always managed to skirt the issue.

it is now front and center, has to be delt with

Could possibly be something as simple as there is no formal documented agreement between Hydro One and the OFSC. This was the case I ran in to a little more than a year ago when MTO was looking at shutting down all trails on MTO land. A quick call to Mike Farr, and we I believe now have a formal agreement with MTO and I was told to go ahead and submit a proposal for a reroute using MTO land.

I wonder what the Ministry of Tourism that promotes the province's INCREDIBLE snowmobilling thinks of this proposal?

I merged three topics about the same subject.  So if you see someone repeating themselves, it was likely not their fault.  Except STG, he repeats himself all the time.  Except STG, he repeats himself all the time. Except STG, he repeats himself all the time. Except STG, he repeats himself all the time. 

Don't vote the Liberals in then

Our power was some of the cheapest until the PCs deregulated it back in 98. So don't go blaming the Liberals completely. Sure they gave us this stupid green energy act that hasn't helped the rates. But Harris and his cronies started the ball rolling in the first place.

And anyone you thinks voting in a different party will make things better, your drinking some powerful Kool-aid....doesn't matter what party is in charge, all they care about is who is going to help them stay in power. So if they have to bend laws, and sell out the province to do so, they will.

To fix our economy, we need to stop letting uneducated people in to Canada and bring in people that can help our country, not those looking for a free handout and that are just going to drag the system down. We need to stop outsourcing jobs over seas, and bringing in cheap off shore labour. Things that are control in Ottawa, which is a PC Government.

As for companies moving to Quebec.. It's not because of the cheaper power. Actually Quebec is having huge power issues this year. My friend in Montreal has been in the dark more times then he can count, and for days at a time not minutes or hours.

Companies are moving to Quebec because there are huge subsides for doing it. Paid for by the province. A province with no money to do so, but Ottawa gives them all they need. I know lots of people that have been downsized and lost jobs because of this. Quebec gets away with whatever they want whenever they want.

Archived