Hydro Property - Cost for use proposal

yamahas

FB - Thank you, that was easy, used Infraview

Here's the link:

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11740-new-bridge-being-installed-on-a102q/

Just waiting for our 70' bridge to be built up in New Liskeard at Ebert Welding/

No problem , we are all here to help each other :icon_photo:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone actually seen anything in writing concerning Hydro One's proposal?

If so please post it so we can comment on something factual.

Here is the Hydro Document they want the municipality to sign:

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6763960_7159389_6225614

Domino - is there any way to load high res jpg images, always get the message, too high resolution

How can I reduce size of photos?

Thanks - BB

There are several ways to reduce the size of a photo.  I use a program called FotoSizer.

THe photobucket thing works, however we end up with a lot of errors on the forum due to people moving or deleting the photos from Photobucket over time.

After you have uploaded the photo, you need to add it to post (Click the button)

That's from 2011.. Are we sure this is still an active issue, or was someone in need of a question to ask during question period...

X2

We are just asking what Hydro One is proposing and where we can take a look at the new policy.

We agree that this could be devastating news and we are all looking for some written documentation on this proposed change.

Personally I think the political will and reason will prevail over Hydro One but we need to get proactive now.

My understanding is that this is a D8 and D4 issue for now??? But this could lead to a Provincial issue down the road.....  Up my way our club has hydro corridors which are Leased to Hydro one from the Ontario realtors corp. Our club for example has LUP from ORC, not hydro one, so its a non issue. I also believe that places for example such as Cochrane have hydro corridors which are owned by the Crown (MNR)....  

So there is a concern Provincially, but no need for the "sky is falling" outlook for now.

Glad to see, this is making news and has made it to government, us snowmobilers need to stick together. 

Our township has contacted our club expressing concern, and has extended the olive branch in support of the cause.

Rally the troops.......

i know this has been a issue with our club for a few yrs...but we all know how ont hydro works...there is no debating....know anyone who doesn't have a smart meter or doesn't pay debt retirement....have you ever seen a ''old'' hydro vehicle on the road...imagine what the clubs up north will have to deal with....hope the problem will be resolved soon

i know this has been a issue with our club for a few yrs...but we all know how ont hydro works...there is no debating....know anyone who doesn't have a smart meter or doesn't pay debt

retirement....have you ever seen a ''old'' hydro

vehicle on the road...imagine what the clubs up

north will have to deal with....hope the problem

will be resolved soon

I am thinking about going off grid my friend! Between solar and natural gas you can be self efficient!

Did anyone notice that document is dated 2011? There is no way that a club can afford this. I was listening to the radio and everyone from government to taxpayer where chiming in half good half bad all angry!

This is from the CKDR website.

Complaints from snowmobile clubs has forced the provincial government to reconsider a controversial policy.
Transportation Minister Glenn Murray confirms a decision to charge snowmobile clubs for use of hydro right-of-ways is under review.
Murray says the policy was put in place because of liability concerns raised by the Ministries of Infrastructure and Energy.
He says he heard concerns from several user groups and notes this was an old piece of legislation.
NDP critic Michael Mantha is worried that the government will instead transfer the costs onto local municipalities.

Complaints from snowmobile clubs has forced the provincial government to reconsider a controversial policy.

Transportation Minister Glenn Murray confirms a decision to charge snowmobile clubs for use of hydro right-of-ways is under review.

Murray says the policy was put in place because of liability concerns raised by the Ministries of Infrastructure and Energy.

He says he heard concerns from several user groups and notes this was an old piece of legislation.

NDP critic Michael Mantha is worried that the government will instead transfer the costs onto local municipalities.

Goods news - for a change. Thanks for posting that.

What costs?  We insure them .

X2

...they seem to want us to be on the hook year round and get sued by people using the corridors in summer. They do not understsand that our insurance is seasonal, and is only in effect if we do not pay for usage.

Even the minister says its an old piece of legislation. Been around for two years and no one knew about it or applied it to clubs! Funny thing is no one in government was aware of it till now! Seems to me someone found it and decided to blow the dust off it and see what they could gain by applying it to snowmobile use. Its obvious it was not created for snowmobile use! Its the reason why everything passed must be looked at for more then its intended use because down the road all of a sudden its used for something else.

Board room politics. They knew it would cause a stir and in the end maybe they get a tax break.

Even the minister says its an old piece of legislation. Been around for two years and no one knew about it or applied it to clubs! Funny thing is no one in government was aware of it till now! Seems to me someone found it and decided to blow the dust off it and see what they could gain by applying it to snowmobile use. Its obvious it was not created for snowmobile use! Its the reason why everything passed must be looked at for more then its intended use because down the road all of a sudden its used for something else.

Board room politics. They knew it would cause a stir and in the end maybe they get a tax break.

Likely a newbie position, trying to earn a reputation........

Archived