What have been your best purchases besides the sled this past season.

FreezerBurnt

What was your best purchases besides the sled this past season.

#1 my Drift 170X Action Cam best $100 I spent

#2 Icon Stryker protection Vest, can't afford to get hurt and I don't even notice it's on,since I have been off trail riding more so nice to have the protection

#3 Castle Cargo ski pants ,much better than my Ski-Doo bibs, actually stay dry, got them half price

#4 Coldwave 3in1 jacket, breathable and dry, got them half price

#5 surprisingly CKX goggles best pair I have ever had , have had Scotts and Smiths in the past and still have, yet for shits and giggles I bought the CKX ones for $30 and wow :D

FXR gloves meh nothing special nor improvement over my old Head Snowboard gloves

Anyone have new sled gear they liked or hated this past year? ;)

Best investment besides the sled ? The trail pass. Allows us to get out and enjoy some truely pleasant family riding on good trails, without boondocking or beating the snot out of the sled.

How much riding ? 1500km on the 1990 Cheyenne 503 and almost 600km on the free-to-me '99 Formula Deluxe 670. The Deluxe will be getting the half-price pass next year, it'll be 15 years old ! That's over 2000km's combined, in 3 months, never more than 40 km's from home either.

We have 2 new BRP suits on order for next year (along with some quality gloves, socks & thermal base layers), which will make the riding more comfortable still. Our old mix-n-match suits are getting long in the tooth. Ask me the same question next year this time and I'm sure the best investment will have been the suits and thermal socks.

Thirty-Two snowboard pants, got them for $60, regualr $180. Nice and light and great for riding in -10 or above.

only bought some crummy gloves from royal & ice scraper from Orps...need new camera & boots for next yr

Thirty-Two snowboard pants, got them for $60, regualr $180. Nice and light and great for riding in -10 or above.

I thought of Snowboard pants before but was not sure how they would be in the cold

we use snowboard gear now, cheaper cost, well made (if you stay with name brands), layerable, breathable, water and windproof, ALOT BETTER COLORS AND PATTERNS THAN BLACK OR MANUFACTURERER BRANDING, lots of AWESOME small features for creature comforts, snow skirts, gators, pockets gallore ect....

Best purcase...

full titanium race exhaust for the wife's 06 zx6r 636 track bike. over 2400 for system new... found one for 717.07 shipped, company opened box to make sure all was there, they couldnt figure out how to put it together, thought it had a wrong tube in the kit (it didnt). sold the kit to me for 500.00 shipped to my door. i sold her previous muffler system for 250.00..

so the deal of the century for us was 250.00 for a 2400 exhaust system.. CAN YOU SAY, SCORE? lol! :D

Ski

New track, probably the best bang for the buck upgrade for a sled.

Also bought a "yamaheater" so my hand warmers work now!

And of course as mentioned a trail pass.

I will say basically the same thing except for me it was two trail passes... one so my wife can ride with me when she is so inclined. The other was a spa day for my wife, she comes home looking and feeling great.... happy wife happy life.

Saddlebag and ice scratchers for my sled and a fluffy sheep's wool seat cover for the wife's sled. Like 02Sled said, "happy wife, happy life".

I bought a new tow vehicle. I use it for my business but the added bonus is I can use it to pull the toys. The 4 wheel drive on my old vehicle stopped working and it was time to upgrade. I traded it in during the "retire your ride" program. Next season I will be able to travel further north with confidence. Maybe I will be able to cochrane for the first time.

I got a new sled and wifey got a new mattress (almost cost as much as the sled too). I agree with o2's statement!

Uclear Communicators & two sets of saddlebags to go along with the better halfs new 600 E-Tech. Two passes and great road trips . Good money well spent !

By the way , those comm sets are a great safety tool , Let your group know what's coming ahead and from behind . :nana:

Uclear Communicators & two sets of saddlebags to go along with the better halfs new 600 E-Tech. Two passes and great road trips . Good money well spent !

By the way , those comm sets are a great safety tool , Let your group know what's coming ahead and from behind . :nana:

I hate it when I approach riders wearing the headsets. They are normally all over the trail, since they depend on lead rider for info. One hickup with the sets and there will be a head on crash. Seen that happen in shinning tree 12 years ago and when rider was de headed. There

was a female rider hit by a pickup near my

place about 8 years ago, because she was told

ahead of time the road was safe to cross. She never bothered to stop and look herself and as a result she was seriously Hurt when the pickup broad sided her. I see more people injured wearing the sets, since common sense goes out the window.

... because she was told ahead of time the road was safe to cross. She never bothered to stop and look herself and as a result she was seriously Hurt when the pickup broad sided her.

Not related to communicators specifically but all drivers should look for traffic for themselves. On a recent ride, I had the rider ahead of me wave me through an intersection but I never proceeded without checking for traffic myself. I never bothered waving the person behind me to go through as I wouldn't want to be responsible if they got hit by someone I didn't see.

Drive defensively!!!

I have to add mirrors for my sled as a good purchase.

Comm sets are a great tool I was taught to use my tools as an aid to the task at hand.

As a safe rider , you are responsible for your own actions.

Common sense can't be bought , but , it can be taught.

Best purchase.....

Recreation Property in the Bancroft area!

Best purchase.....

Recreation Property in the Bancroft area!

That's a nice purchase. I love that area.

That's a nice purchase. I love that area.

He didn't invite any of us up to ride either, how nice! Enjoy the property, it is a nice area.

The Bottle of Spice Box rye I took to camp last weekend !!!!

and of course 2 Trail permits.

Its was something the slowtouringguy told us to check out...well I am back but there is a few missing in action still....where is STG and crew. :drool-1:

Besides a trail pass......

I picked up a new modular helmet with my first every heated visor, wow how have I gone so long without that....

Somehow missed this thread earlier, but a few things I added might help someone out....

-took Irreverent's advice and got the snow flap savers for my skidoo. After a long drive, sometimes forget to keep an eye out for the snow flap being caught in the track while rolling off the trailer. The snow flap savers saved the snow flap numerous times. Well worth the money.

http://www.tricked-t...owflapsaver.htm

-as there is no pull start on my machine, installed a volt meter to monitor charging and battery condition.

post-19713-0-60212100-1366406879_thumb.j

This one is a Kuryakyn (strange name - Man from U.N.C.L.E. fan??) available at most motorcycle shops. Worked very well this winter even under very cold conditions.

http://www.kuryakyn....d-battery-gauge

-acquired a Gears heated vest. Eventually bought a graduated heat control for it, as straight ON/OFF switch roasted then cooled. An excellent addition for those that freeze like myself. Am considering a full heated jacket liner for next season which will also heat arms. Adding hand warmers to ms. slomo's passenger seat was also a plus.

-tired of inadvertently hoisting myself up by the air filter (@$35 each and easily punctured) when working on the machine, installed an air filter guard from RPM composites. Kept a lot of drifting snow out of the air intake as well.

post-19713-0-47171800-1366407873_thumb.j

http://www.rpmcompos...om/ski-doo.html

-also installed a set of ice scrappers which came in handy in spring riding.

-little "meep meep" horn was a nice addition - surprised and delighted a few people we passed on the trails.

Projects this summer include Rouskis training wheels.

http://www.rouski.ca/en/

Dupont slides

Archived