Another Late Season Ride

sledjunk

Here we go again.

There are a number of us that are planning on heading to Cochrane for the weekend after Easter and we are going to stay at the North Adventure Inn.

I have rooms booked for the weekend but if anyone is interested in joining us, please let me know. The more the merrier.

Let's hope conditions hold out.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are the dates.

lynne and I are heading for mani, hornepayne, and dub for a long easter weekend trip. hoping the fish co-operate too. Ski

are you riding up to meet us...

i will ride up from timmins to meet u in Cochrane and ride from there.

Where are you riding from? Are you driving up to Cochrane and day-tripping from there?

Yes, that is the plan. Will you and your wife be joining us.

sounds good...

Great! Looking forward to it.

Yes, that is the plan. Will you and your wife be joining us.

Still debating. Are there any slower riders going up that we could join for a Saturday ride?

It looks like the trails will still be good in my area so we may just ride local as per original plan.

are you riding up to meet us...

No, If we go, we would probably trailer up after work Friday or really early Sat morning.

Easter is the 29th, 30th, 31st of march

weather will be + 5 on wk-end of 5,6 & 7th...should be perfect

I cannot wait......Soo looking forward to this.. Now i get word the crazy Dutchman might be joining us.. WOOOWWWEEEE..

Fingers crossed for conditions.....Polar Bear riders facebook page shows close to 100cm of snow in cochrane, that might help...HEHE!!

Still debating. Are there any slower riders going up that we could join for a Saturday ride?

It looks like the trails will still be good in my area so we may just ride local as per original plan.

No, If we go, we would probably trailer up after work Friday or really early Sat morning.

I'm not going this year however, would love to go on a trip like this next year. Maybe we could plan for the gals to join in too with the hubbies for a group of slower riders :). If there was enough of us then the faster riders could go separately. We do this at our annual PET ride in February and it works out nice for everyone.

If there's anyone interested in a "slower" group, I have this to consider. The big sled (670 F-DLX) doesn't have a trail pass on it, so I'd have to bring the Cheyenne. It cruises about 60 km/h when 2-up, so we might be a hinderance. So if anyone else likes the slow & easy ride, we could join in with that group and keep them company.

We'll keep in touch on this.

23392_444059805663426_757842162_n.jpg

While you're up there with sledjunk, buy him a few beer and convince him to set up a "Sled Rally", much as he does with the car rallying he does as a summer hobby. I have long maintained that any a-hole can hold down a throttle and put on miles, but it would take a certain amount of thinking, timing, orienteering and sledding smarts to complete a rally course......or a GPS cache finding exercise....or a survival skills challenge where at each stop you would be required to complete a task such as tea boiling, log sawing etc.

I tried to get him thinking this way in New Liskeard, but I don't think he had enough beer in him to commit to the idea.... :cheers:

Meanwhile - Hope conditions hold out for you and post a few pictures for us stuck at work!

If there's anyone interested in a "slower" group, I have this to consider. The big sled (670 F-DLX) doesn't have a trail pass on it, so I'd have to bring the Cheyenne. It cruises about 60 km/h when 2-up, so we might be a hinderance. So if anyone else likes the slow & easy ride, we could join in with that group and keep them company.

23392_444059805663426_757842162_n.jpg

60K! Slomo would never keep up ! :icon_tinykitball:

Just returned from a 4 day trip in the Elk Lake area. Stayed at Golden Eagle Camp. Great sled destination.

Word in the north is they will be good for 2 more weeks. Just hope they have not exhausted grooming funds and leave the trails. Either way get out and enjoy this last stretch and promote those northern watering holes that enjoy seeng the last bit of sled business this late in the season.

Denis, is your wife/ GF heading to Cochrane with you? If so, give me a call. If she drives, I can bring up a spare sled c/w pass for her if I go. I'm trying to convince Carole and also convince myself to take Friday off and head up.

When are you planning on going?

60K! Slomo would never keep up ! :icon_tinykitball:

lmao !!!

Denis, is your wife/ GF heading to Cochrane with you? If so, give me a call. If she drives, I can bring up a spare sled c/w pass for her if I go. I'm trying to convince Carole and also convince myself to take Friday off and head up.

When are you planning on going?

Kap, actually, and it might only be for lunch. Maybe bringing the Cheyenne to poke around Kap with, no decisions have been made yet. It also happens to be our daughters' birthday weekend, so we haven't decided which day we'll pick.

I've been chatting with MikeD a bit, we're still working on it ... Looking like Friday or Saturday. I'll chime in when I've got more news.

Archived