2016 yamaha releases!

Baylaker

I figured since somebody started a doo release thread...I'll start a yami release thread for tomorrow's new line up of yams!

Praying for something that will knock my socks off!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully something that will replace the Ski-Doo GSX!

I e always been a yamaha guy I'm taking off the brand loyal blinders for sure this year and going to do some serious thinking about what brand I'll be riding next season.

Are the 4 stroke doos good?

Hey now, only I can ask about different brands in a yamaha thread! Lol just kiddin.

They need to get another 4 stroke goin, just like yamaha needs another lightweight 2 stroke to stay competitive...

Are the 4 stroke doos good?

We've done some long trips with Domino and 14 Snow (Ski0doo GSX's) and have to admit, they never raised their hoods (skirts, yes, but never their hoods).

Seemed like a great product.

I have an 4 stroke Skidoo. I have 18000 kms on mine right now. I have replaced over the last few seasons front a-arm bushings with oil lite ones, sliders, carbides, a few wheels,belts, and some bushings in the rear suspension.Rebuilt the primary clutch every year. I did change the 1 ply track after the first season because something poked a hole through the track.The hole was the size of a stud on the outside but the inside opened up like a six inch long flap. I changed it out for safety sake. The track will be changed after this season cause this track has approx. 15000 kms on it as of right now. There are no tear outs or torn lugs but I want to change it because it is time. I will change all drive bearings and jackshaft bearings because it is time. The only other thing that needs to be done is I do have a weeping valve cover gasket (20 bucks for gasket)that I will change and while I am at it I will change the original spark plugs. Mine has always started in very cold weather and has not left me stranded. It has the original battery and I have never had any relay issues. I have probably just jinxed myself.LOL...But I would buy another 4 stroke Doo tomorrow if I wasn't doing up grades to my cottage.  

They need to make something without involving arctic cat....

180hp Lightweight turbo apex maybe?  Or possible that they may come back with the SX r or SRX badge.  I'm kinda excited to see what they bring.  Some upgrades to the viper would be welcomed as well.  I love mine, but always room for improvements

While I am not in the market right now, I would like to see some new things for the 'real' Yamahas.  It is time for a refresh and upgrade of the Apex line, at least.  It is usually the first line to get a new chassis, or whatever, and then it trickles down to the Vector and Venture a year or so later.

I love my Yammies, but I cannot see myself going YamaCat without serious consideration of other brands.  Unfortunately, it looks like 'Doo is my only option because I refuse to go back to 2 smokes.

Hearing yamaha is adding a winch on every machine for when you get the 800 lb machine stuck.

The issue I have with Yamaha design that is a deal breaker is the rear exhaust.  The exhaust is problematic in so many ways.  That leaves the Yammi-Cat as the choice, so what to doo....

I also do not like and I cannot get use to the bug nose design.  Doo is also starting to go there but not as bad as the Nytro.

I started with a Poo and I just can't go back there yet.  Usually takes me about 10-15 year before I retry a manufacturer that has let me down in the past.

It is Too bad Yamaha has giving up on sleds

All they have now is an Arctic Cat Chassis with Yamaha engines, the rest of the line up is 8yrs old +

Get one of those Yammies stuck down here with all this snow and you might as well leave it till spring.

What is the issue with the rear exhaust?  Extra weight?

Something about constantly replacing exhaust donuts I believe.

The separate under the seat and they burn stuff at the back.  Hard to do saddle bagging with the hot exhaust.

Small gas tank, lots of heat along the tunnel=lots of ice.

The separate under the seat and they burn stuff at the back.  Hard to do saddle bagging with the hot exhaust.

AH I see I'm a Polaris Pro R rider so the saddlebag thing I would have missed.

180hp Lightweight turbo apex maybe?  Or possible that they may come back with the SX r or SRX badge.  I'm kinda excited to see what they bring.  Some upgrades to the viper would be welcomed as well.  I love mine, but always room for improvements

A lightweight Apex . Now that is funny! Have you ever lifted an Apex engine on its own . I know that I cannot 

Small gas tank, lots of heat along the tunnel=lots of ice.

My Switchback is horrid for ice build up

It is about the only thing I do not like about it

Buddies 2012 cat is alos horrid, leave huge ice blocks on trails once in a while

Archived