Too Quiet!

Ox

Scott

nice pictures cools me off looking at them LOL.

hoping we have another great year of snowmobiling next year.

is the chapleau club closed ????? next year

trying to figure out our plans for next winter trip.

heard nothing about halfway haven ?????

zrtkat

Chapleau is open this next season!

Have not heard anything firm on Halfway.  ??????????

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapleau is open this next season!

Have not heard anything firm on Halfway.  ??????????

thats good news Scott

hopefully next winter we can find our way back to blueberry inn without getting lost LOL.

zrtkat needs to pay more attention when following.

Greg

Had a visitor to the shop today, Revrnd popped in this afternoon to say Hi !  Nice to see a face to go with the name.  Hope to see some of the others on here this winter, let me know in advance and we'll do coffee in the evening or whatever we can !

Had a visitor to the shop today, Revrnd popped in this afternoon to say Hi !  Nice to see a face to go with the name.  Hope to see some of the others on here this winter, let me know in advance and we'll do coffee in the evening or whatever we can !

next winter when we get to hearst will get in touch for dinner or coffee denis

zrtkat & crew

next winter when we get to hearst will get in touch for dinner or coffee denis

zrtkat & crew

For sure !  Revrnd is doing a run of provincial parks, he's in Fushimi now, then heading along to Lake Superior's east coast.  We spent 5 days at White Lake Provincial Park ourselves this past weekend, sure is nice down that way !

Denis, it was good to chat. Stopped in at Wawa to see Mo @ the Northern Lights today. Other than the 40 klicks on 631 where they're working on the road good driving. Didn't have to dodge any cyclists on 17.

Some summer sledding pics:

post-19781-0-93713400-1406162854_thumb.jpg

Log storage in Hearst @ Tembec mill. Sled trail is in front of ONR tracks.

post-19781-0-65351800-1406163075_thumb.jpg

Campsite at Fushimi Provincial Park. Fushimi Loop trail is west of here.

post-19781-0-75810100-1406163353_thumb.jpg

Looking east on TOP A at Fushimi Lake Road (west of Hearst)

post-19781-0-41607400-1406163476_thumb.jpg

TOP A at west end of Hearst

post-19781-0-09615700-1406163871_thumb.jpg

TOP A north of Hearst

revrnd,

I have never seen the trail without snow.  Love seeing the summer season up there.  Great to think about the differences.  Looks like you had a great trip.

Great pictures,revrnd. I envy you Canadians,such beautiful country up there.

As 'ski can attest, the Superior Loop by motorcyle or vehicle is very scenic. Not sure what the attraction is of doing it on a bicycle.

Tried to post these last night

post-19781-0-48176200-1406215825_thumb.jpg

Western approach to the Hearst access trail

post-19781-0-79007900-1406215879_thumb.jpg

The start of the Fushimi Loop Trail where TOP A crosses the tracks & heads for Hwy 11 (between Hearst & Calstock)

post-19781-0-47894600-1406215974_thumb.jpg

A depressing sight in Hornepayne, the closed Centre Inn. Too bad it couldn't have been upgraded.

I saw that the gas station was open in Mattice. Also any reports on the Dagenais Inn @ Val Rita? It looked OK from the highway. It might be an option if the motels in Kap were booked up.

It's always great to hear about OC'rs crossing path's (unless it involves STG, in which case the oc.com legal department issues the "who's that/"we're not responsible"" letter lol).

Your photos re-kindle some great memories, revrnd.

"Fushimi" is ringing a bell - was/is there a snowmobile loop west of Hearst passing through that area?

Great pics Rev. I've never been up when there isn't any snow. It is beautiful country, I hope to drive that Superior Loop some day.

It's always great to hear about OC'rs crossing path's (unless it involves STG, in which case the oc.com legal department issues the "who's that/"we're not responsible"" letter lol).

Your photos re-kindle some great memories, revrnd

"Fushimi" is ringing a bell - was/is there a snowmobile loop west of Hearst passing through that area?

Yes there is. It connects w/ TOP A west of Hearst. Not which of the L trails it connects to. The L trails are really enjoyable. We've spent a day just riding them & staying off TOP A.

Made it home today. 2400 klicks for the week. Grenaded 1 of the Chinabomb trailer tires just west of the Nairn truck stop on Fri'. No damage to the trailer, just a minor crack in the wheelwell. It was like the belting exploded. No tread peeling or wear patterns on the tread. The other 7/8s of the tread circumference looked OK, sidewalls were intact as well. I've read on the RV websites where guys run the Carlisles for 5 seasons then swap them out. These tires are 6 years old (trailer bought when 1 year old).

Only other road hazards were a pair of senior citizens cycling along 17 west of Sudbury & some guy pacing a van on inline skates. God must be travelling w/ these folks as I sure wouldn't ride out there w/ the truck traffic.

Made it home today. 2400 klicks for the week. Grenaded 1 of the Chinabomb trailer tires just west of the Nairn truck stop on Fri'. No damage to the trailer, just a minor crack in the wheelwell. It was like the belting exploded. No tread peeling or wear patterns on the tread. The other 7/8s of the tread circumference looked OK, sidewalls were intact as well. I've read on the RV websites where guys run the Carlisles for 5 seasons then swap them out. These tires are 6 years old (trailer bought when 1 year old).

Only other road hazards were a pair of senior citizens cycling along 17 west of Sudbury & some guy pacing a van on inline skates. God must be travelling w/ these folks as I sure wouldn't ride out there w/ the truck traffic.

Everybody has different experiences with trailer tires.I blew a Carlisle tire on my race car trailer after only 2 years.Got China tires on it now for 3 years,I'm a gambler.My next ones will be Maxxis or Goodyear.

My next ones will be Maxxis or Goodyear.

Goodyear is mentyioned a lot as a replacement. Are their trailer tires a normally stocked item at Goodyear stores?

Goodyear trailer tires are a lot tougher than Carlisle in my opinion and if you can get "G' rated,they are great but give a rough ride.

As per normal around here,our Goodyear dealers do not stock them.(everyone wants to be a Sears catalog store)

Goodyear is mentyioned a lot as a replacement. Are their trailer tires a normally stocked item at Goodyear stores?

I doubt it.I buy alot of tires from Tirerack.com.Don't know what their policy is shipping to Canada,but I work at a Chevy dealer and I pay less through Tirerack than through work.The Goodyear Marathons that came on my trailer lasted 8 years.

I called the Goodyear dealer in Peterborough yesterday & they had 4 of the size that I needed in stock. 

Must be a better dealer than we have around here.

He said they didn't carry a lot of trailer tires, but did carry some sizes. I guess the size I needed is common.

wow, this thread got de-railed. :D 

Ski

post-19738-0-91893900-1406738759_thumb.j

post-19738-0-21533400-1406738788_thumb.j

post-19738-0-84825800-1406738821_thumb.j

post-19738-0-91760400-1406738866_thumb.j

post-19738-0-44511800-1406738899_thumb.j

post-19738-0-84615500-1406738970_thumb.j

Way to go, Ski.

These cool nights have me looking forward to winter.

As always, nice pics ski !   I might even know where the lake pics are.

I will try to get some time to put more out there.  Here is a classic from the past.036_zps249bce9f.jpg

Scott

Archived