2009/2010 Mileage Thread...

CjGaughan

The weather was fine. Mild but was good. Saturday morning was a little crisp for the first few hours. We beat the rain just......we actually it did start to drizzle between sudbury and north bay but we kinda stayed just ahead of it. Got a little wet but not bad.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rode 124 miles Wed Jan 27 and 162 miles Thursday Jan 28.

Total mileage for season now at 2472

Rode 124 miles Wed Jan 27 and 162 miles Thursday Jan 28.

Total mileage for season now at 2472

:right_on::right_on:

heading to the UP next week,conditions coming back fast now,,,,, :right_on:

Just updated. I'm going to start doing the +/- arrows on a longer term basis (perhaps weekly?) to allow everyone to get their update in...it will better represent what's going on rather than updating the +/- changes every time (the people who updated usually go up and send a bunch of other people down).

I'm hoping to get out this weekend....winter is definitely back, about 5 inches or so since our little "summer" and it is below -20 as I speak. Gonna make for great ice conditions!!

Just updated. I'm going to start doing the +/- arrows on a longer term basis (perhaps weekly?) to allow everyone to get their update in...it will better represent what's going on rather than updating the +/- changes every time (the people who updated usually go up and send a bunch of other people down).

I'm hoping to get out this weekend....winter is definitely back, about 5 inches or so since our little "summer" and it is below -20 as I speak. Gonna make for great ice conditions!!

hope to be at the track tues night,,,,for time trials,,,,,maybe we can say hello!!!!! :right_on::right_on:

hope to be at the track tues night,,,,for time trials,,,,,maybe we can say hello!!!!! :right_on::right_on:

I'm over at school tuesday evening...let me know your plans maybe ill stop by the track!

Rode 124 miles Friday (Jan 29) and 241 miles today (Saturday Jan 30)

Now have 2837 miles for the season so far.

998 miles after my ride to Gooderham & Glamor Lake today.

Rode 138 miles today out to Goulais, across Goulais bay, back onto the trail to haviland, across haviland bay over to jones landing. Fair amount of ice riding today, and the ice was awesome...perfect flat blue ice underneath a good 10 or 12 inches of fluffy powder. It was cold all week with no snow, perfect ice weather... I heard people were skating out on the lake before the snow came, the ice is that flat.

Also once I got to Haviland there was at least 12 inches of powder. A little further up the North Shore there was even more snow, and it snowed all day.

Came back to town to find it hadn't snowed at all. Gotta love lake effect snow!

Just a short ride to check for moose & deer sign on our woodlot. Lots of moose tracks & you could see where they had been "scooping" on some trees. Too bad I didn't take my camera. I'll try to remember the next time down there. No sign of any deer tracks.

20 miles for the day, so up to 1018.

775kms and counting.
....1,048kms and holding; I think the warm weather may hold me here for a bit :banghead:

1,224kms

1,505kms and hope to add more this week :-D

Wow... what a weekend 290 KM on the sled. Left green Toronto and expected some fresh snow but wow!!. Ran the ice from Honey Harbour to Cognashene. Just out of Honey Harbour hit areas of between 1 1/2 to 2 feet of powder. Fabulous running where no body had been as the snow comes up over the windshield and you.

Up to 1400 miles after the weekend. Did a trip to wolf mountain near sudbury and stopped in pine falls lodge for lunch. My lord what a lunch. For $10 bucks they had a buffet of steamed corn and carrots, pulled pork, buns , choice of 2 types of soups, salad and desert. I could hardly ride after that. Great job and it's under new ownership too. I'll be back there again shortly.

104 miles today exploring the Mazinaw, Griffith-Matawatchan trails & a tiny bit of Dist' 1 (very west end of TOP E by Brule lake).

Running total to 1122 miles/1810 klicks.

Last glance at the ODO ... up to 1350 kms now

After my 200 mile ride today, I'm up to 1400 miles! :-P

the smiles are bigger then the miles,,,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao: I have a new sledder with me,,,and we are having a blast,,,but doing a lot of visiting,,,,,1900 miles to date,,,, :right_on:

he is on my spare sled,in my spare suit,and has my spare helmut on,,,,it is like I am taking a picture of me when I get my camera out,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

no rest for the weary....189 miles today (Feb 3)

3,026 miles for the season

Scratched my way to a little over 700 kms now. Probably close to 1800 on the trailer if that counts.

This winter blows.

Sled now at 1200 kms.

Trailer now at 2500 kms.

Update is coming when I get a few spare minutes today....

I put on 47 miles of AWESOMENESS last night..trails were as close to perfect as you can get unless you're following the groomer!

Airport road trail was a little bumpy but it hasn't been touched yet - it's just how I get to the rest of the trails.

I rode to the main trail then east via the Heyden trail, coulda kept on going forever but had to pick a point to turn around, haha. Then on the way back the girlfriend put my big TANK of a Panther in the rhubarb. Ugh. THAT wasn't fun. Put her back on the little sled after that, haha.

Only ran 45km's Tuesday night. Had to work last weekend :banghead::banghead: but this weekend it's gonna be sledding heaven for us.

did a quick ride to bonfield and back and put another 50 miles on. That's 1450 miles on the season now.

Updated everyone except for Av42medics who added another 90 miles - didn't notice that he sent a PM haha. Next update I'll add him on.

Archived