2009/2010 Mileage Thread...

CjGaughan

Do some of you get new sleds every year? Those totals are crazy. How many miles do you put on a sled before your done with it? 750 miles for me. Going -2- Parry Sound in the morning. Hope to get a bunch more.

That's why I buy 4 strokes. After this weekend I'll have just under 10000 miles on my 2009 4 tec with little troubles other than replacing sliders. My wife has the same sled and will have just over 10000 miles. We plan to keep them for 5 years and at this pace we'll have 30000 miles on them.

10,000 miles with just slides,amazing,I broke an idler yesterday at 3400 miles,,,,and my four-stroke needed a skid frame overhaul at 10,000 miles,,,,cat sleds must be junk,,, :mrgreen:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The skid is definately the weak link. It takes so much abuse. I inspect them every monday night and do some tweaks almost every other week. For example the wheel bearings are starting to wear inside the wheel and creating some play which wears my sliders quicker so I've expoxied them in the wheel now to try and get a little more life out of them before replacement.

The skid is definately the weak link. It takes so much abuse. I inspect them every monday night and do some tweaks almost every other week. For example the wheel bearings are starting to wear inside the wheel and creating some play which wears my sliders quicker so I've expoxied them in the wheel now to try and get a little more life out of them before replacement.

keep an eye on the reverse gear,,,,rode with a guy a week ago and it was slipping,,,did mine at 7,000 miles,not sure what skidoo uses though.

already been there, had the update done last year.

KCT, snowcap and I completed a one day 1000 km ride Friday Feb 26 doing 658 miles (1059 km) in 17 hours and 4 minutes. Now have 6034 miles for the season.

snowcap & KCT getting ready to leave Falcon Lake at 6:00 am

SledPic022610.jpg

GPS map of route we did...breakdown of miles...342 miles in Manitoba...199 miles in Ontario and 117 miles in Minnesota.

SledGPS022610.jpg

Trip Stats

1000kmGPSTripComputer.jpg

1000kmGPSTripComputer2.jpg

Z1TurboEXTSpeedo6034.jpg

rws you da man,,,, :right_on::right_on::right_on: ,that is real world sledding at its best,,,,,, :cheers::cheers:

Got back on thur.s fro the last trip which saw a lot of time sitting on the side of the trail fixing sleds(not mine :mrgreen: ) including a broke front shock on a brand new GSX and a old Exciter with snotty carbs, so not as many miles as we hoped.

1220 miles so far.

Lots of snow here now, hope to put on some more riding from home next week.

Cheers, Todd

Got back earlier today from our trip. 1296 miles for the week to bump my total up to 2868 miles.

I had a few good days of sledding last week. Up to 3594 Km's for the season .... so far.

Up to 2583km now. Unfortunately the weekend tour ended early when my buddy broke a jack shaft bracket which resulted in jack shaft meets coolant line and secondary clutch meets flywheel. Instead of getting in the other 500k of riding planned ended up pretty much waiting around the camp for a day until someone came to rescue us.

Update is coming!!! It's been a busy weekend for me between Olympics (YEAH CANADA!!!) and the fact I'm in Ottawa for a few days.

Skidoogirl and I just completed the biggest marathon ride of our snowmobiling careers :rotflmao:. Left our doorstep in north bay and rode to cochrane friday. Saturday played around the area and rode down to tata chika pika lodge north of gogama. Sunday raced home to watch the last half of the hockey game. And wouldn't you know it, we rode 800 miles in 3 days and got stopped 3 times within 50 miles from our house by cops or wannabees. Sucks being criminals.......anyways awesome trip, total miles for the season is now 3806 miles.

PS RWS........all I can say is damn you man :soapbox:

And wouldn't you know it, we rode 800 miles in 3 days and got stopped 3 times within 50 miles from our house by cops or wannabees. Sucks being criminals

Never saw a cop or TP the whole trip last week.

Here it is

54162226.png

I didn't get any riding in this week :(

Buddy just got a new sled so hopefully I get a few more in when I head home...fingers crossed.

JEALOUS OF RWS!!! hah

Managed 647 km's this past weekend, needed to make up for not riding the previous week.

Not sure how many more will happen now that March is here and the temps are starting to rise.

3,209kms...looking to squeeze more in

Sitting at 1250 now. Geez I thought that I had a lot of time off for sledding. There must be a lot of people out of work..or not going to work, or seasonally employed to log some of the mileage I see on here. Well done fellas.

Mileage to date: After our last trip up the Canyon I have managed to put on 3,058 kms this season!

did 190 yesterday bringing my total to about 1050 for pleasure (piles of miles testing but I don't count that )

you mean that wasn't a test,,,,,,, :banghead::banghead::banghead: , :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Archived