2009/2010 Mileage Thread...

CjGaughan

2400 miles as of today,,,,,would have been more but ate to much lunch,,,,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

PIC09951.jpg

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

updated.

Gotta get out for some mid week riding!!!! Snow in the forecast (only a few inches but anything fresh helps!).

Buddy of mine should have his firecat back together by the weekend and have to do a break-in ride, and I know he's ancy to get out, so hopefully!

I was at 8th position but now back to where I was at 10....gah! haha

London is apparently getting 25cm today

London is apparently getting 25cm today

So I'm hearing - and I'm jealous.

We got a dusting here today but doesn't look like it will amount to much, it's all going to the south of us!

All that snow down state going to waste (it'll just melt in no time). Too bad. haha.

Another pic of someone's food..........does yous guys never eat or somethin! :wtf:

Another pic of someone's food..........does yous guys never eat or somethin! :wtf:

what destinations to you have that do not include food,,, :rotflmao::rotflmao:

There was a part of Nova Scotia that got 73cm in 24 hours last week. C'mon dear hook up the trailer and let's go! There's snow a waitin.

Sorry guys i havent been on in a while. Between riding and the site updating. I've been lucky and got out a fair bit. My new total is 1945km

The Attak has 2 trip meters so i use one for the daily rides and one for the season. She is almost ready to roll over again!!!

I catch up to Evil on the tote board (1400 miles) just before they start their RAP tour.

203 miles on Feb 10...now up to 3673 miles for the season

Some interesting stats for my season so far:

22 rides

3673 miles (5911 km)

average of 167 miles (269 km) per ride

126.6 hours on meter = average speed of 29 mph (46.7 km/h)

12 rides in North Dakota

4 rides in Minnesota

4 rides in Manitoba

2 rides in Ontario

22 rides

3673 miles (5911 km)

12 rides in North Dakota

4 rides in Minnesota

4 rides in Manitoba

2 rides in Ontario

I remember some great video from your helmet cam. Any approximation of a mileage split between lake trail and land trail?

Also, yours is the first post I've seen referring to North Dakota? How would you compare the running there to Ontario ? What is their trail system like?

2700 miles to date,,,,, :right_on::right_on:

heading to the UP next week,,,, :right_on:

22 rides

3673 miles (5911 km)

12 rides in North Dakota

4 rides in Minnesota

4 rides in Manitoba

2 rides in Ontario

cool stats,,, :right_on::mrgreen:

I catch up to Evil on the tote board (1400 miles) just before they start their RAP tour.

Hee hee! Let the games begin!

I remember some great video from your helmet cam. Any approximation of a mileage split between lake trail and land trail?

Also, yours is the first post I've seen referring to North Dakota? How would you compare the running there to Ontario ? What is their trail system like?

Haven't done many lake trail miles this year so far. I ride the Kenora area west and south (Lake of the Woods) in Ontario and they just recently got the trails open so should be putting many lake miles on in the coming weeks.

Generally the trails run along roadsides except for north central and northeast North Dakota....so that's where I do most of my ND riding. Hands down the trails I ride in Ontario offer a more scenic and exhilarating experience. Also being near the border of Manitoba and Minnesota makes for easy rides on neighboring trail systems.

Haven't done many lake trail miles this year so far. I ride the Kenora area west and south (Lake of the Woods) in Ontario and they just recently got the trails open so should be putting many lake miles on in the coming weeks.

Generally the trails run along roadsides except for north central and northeast North Dakota....so that's where I do most of my ND riding. Hands down the trails I ride in Ontario offer a more scenic and exhilarating experience.

Interesting. Thanks for responding - all information is good information !

The Rap ride and some local riding in Huntsville last weekend for 957 miles so far..

Did I miss the posting about your RAP ride? What forum? Or, have you yet to post?

I'm interested in hearing how it went.

And your rides around Huntsville.

22 rides

3673 miles (5911 km)

12 rides in North Dakota

4 rides in Minnesota

4 rides in Manitoba

2 rides in Ontario

How 'bout we make him only use his Ontario mileages? That way 1 of us might catch him.

What do you normally average each season? My average is almost 2200 miles a season.

The Rap ride and some local riding in Huntsville last weekend for 957 miles so far..

Did I miss the posting about your RAP ride? What forum? Or, have you yet to post?

Havent posted yet ill get some pics tomorrow and post- ride was great though other than missing the detour in Madawaska and running 25 k to whitney on hwy 60....Then again even that part was all right and just part of the adventure and i wasnt the first person it happended to as i followed sled tracks on the shoulder the whole way...

Havent posted yet ill get some pics tomorrow and post- ride was great though other than missing the detour in Madawaska and running 25 k to whitney on hwy 60....Then again even that part was all right and just part of the adventure and i wasnt the first person it happended to as i followed sled tracks on the shoulder the whole way...

:-D Stuph Happens :-D

Looking forward to your trip report !

How 'bout we make him only use his Ontario mileages? That way 1 of us might catch him.

What do you normally average each season? My average is almost 2200 miles a season.

08-09 4712 miles

07-08 4764 miles

06-07 3585 miles

previous years I didn't keep close track but averaged 4500 + or - as I'd usually have close to 10,000 miles on a 2 year season sled when I went to buy a new one.

22 rides

3673 miles (5911 km)

12 rides in North Dakota

4 rides in Minnesota

4 rides in Manitoba

2 rides in Ontario

:rotflmao: reminds of tanya harding........let's take a crowbar to his sled :rotflmao: all kidding aside that's awesome mileage.

By the way where is this madawaska detour? We're starting our RAP tour this afternoon from north bay. Don't want to miss that on sunday. Is this on the B trail going through the park?

Well the detour starts in town in Madawaska and puts you on the highway over the bridge then apparently it detours back onto the trail in town but im not sure as i missed the sign leading you back to the trail and ran highway 60 the entire way to whitney. You'll have a great time hopefully trail conditions were like they were this week.

By the way where is this madawaska detour? We're starting our RAP tour this afternoon from north bay. Don't want to miss that on sunday. Is this on the B trail going through the park?

Well the detour starts in town in Madawaska and puts you on the highway over the bridge then apparently it detours back onto the trail in town but im not sure as i missed the sign leading you back to the trail and ran highway 60 the entire way to whitney. You'll have a great time hopefully trail conditions were like they were this week.

Now I know where you are! You were going the opposite way that we were. The trail turns off at the first intersection after the bridge (right) and follows the road for a bit. After you pass the gas station, it is a couple of hundred meters to the rail line.

Archived