Catalyst

CatsPride185

On 1/25/2024 at 7:07 PM, Strong Farmer said:

Why change now? Lightness is worth it? 

Like the belt replacing the chain, like the catalyst chasis. No four stroke in the catalyst.

36 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Easier maintaince you think?

Cats chaincase is a weak link, hoping this system is better. I have not heard of issues yet with the 600 but not many out there and surely not many miles. 858 is actually lighter than the 600. Also, since moving back south only put about 1500kms on the sled, the 4 stroke was a much better choice when running 5 to 6 k per season. Yet to see the price, and this season being a bust, the economy on a downward trend, leftover pricing may return so that is also a factor that may have undue influence on my decision. God, now you got me thinking........

• Confused 1

20 to 23 grand plus everything else

• Sad 1

On 2/1/2024 at 4:06 PM, zoso said:

Yet to see the price, and this season being a bust, the economy on a downward trend, leftover pricing may return so that is also a factor that may have undue influence on my decision. God, now you got me thinking........

There is no doubt that "leftover pricing" or "no snow season" pricing is not just returning, but is already here. Dealerships are swamped with unsold 2024 (and some '23s) inventory and Polaris, for one, has lots of '22s still to move. The opportunity to pick up a non-current sled at a great price is about to be like we haven't seen in a more that a decade. One has to be really dedicated to the "new and improved" models to spring order a 2025 model. The rational approach is to spend as little as you can get away with on this disappearing sport, and spend your money on something that will give you more bang for your buck. The shorter the sledding season, the longer the boating, ATVing and motorcycling season. Notice I didn't advocate for getting out of sledding, but rather spending less so that you aren't so devastated when a season like this one hits. We will have snow again, but we aren't going back to what most of us remember as "winter". Be happy, whatever your spending strategy!

• Like 4

On 1/21/2024 at 11:49 AM, CatsPride185 said:

Any riders try out the new catalyst, want to sell my 2020 8000 rr and get a new 858, just wondering if anyone had a chance to try the 600s 

We have 2 brand new 600 Catalyst Riots hoping to put our first miles on them starting February 19th if everything goes well Should have put on 2000 miles on them at end of trip will give you my opinion of the new chassis .

Hopefully the weather cooperates with us in Quebec.

Zrtkat 

PXL_20240129_210025256.jpg

• Like 6

I was just in Quebec for a week and saw a couple of Catalysts but not as many as I expected.    I can tell you one thing, the 600 sure sounds awesome when it’s on the pipe.    

• Like 3

On 2/3/2024 at 8:35 AM, zrtkat said:

We have 2 brand new 600 Catalyst Riots hoping to put our first miles on them starting February 19th if everything goes well Should have put on 2000 miles on them at end of trip will give you my opinion of the new chassis .

Hopefully the weather cooperates with us in Quebec.

Zrtkat 

PXL_20240129_210025256.jpg

Any idea how things are going in Quebec? Next week looks a little grim? 

20 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Any idea how things are going in Quebec? Next week looks a little grim? 

Hopefully the following week has some snow in the forecast.

On 2/2/2024 at 11:23 PM, tricky said:

There is no doubt that "leftover pricing" or "no snow season" pricing is not just returning, but is already here. Dealerships are swamped with unsold 2024 (and some '23s) inventory and Polaris, for one, has lots of '22s still to move. The opportunity to pick up a non-current sled at a great price is about to be like we haven't seen in a more that a decade. One has to be really dedicated to the "new and improved" models to spring order a 2025 model. The rational approach is to spend as little as you can get away with on this disappearing sport, and spend your money on something that will give you more bang for your buck. The shorter the sledding season, the longer the boating, ATVing and motorcycling season. Notice I didn't advocate for getting out of sledding, but rather spending less so that you aren't so devastated when a season like this one hits. We will have snow again, but we aren't going back to what most of us remember as "winter". Be happy, whatever your spending strategy!

2007 was as bad as this year....then 2008 was one of the best ever. Sledding ain't dead yet.

• Like 4

On 2/7/2024 at 2:05 PM, zrtkat said:

Hopefully the following week has some snow in the forecast.

What part of Quebec are you riding in this year ZRT?

5 hours ago, zoso said:

2007 was as bad as this year....then 2008 was one of the best ever. Sledding ain't dead yet.

Yep, lots of left overs the next year. I bought Di a 2007 F6. If I remember right I paid $7000 for it. And we were riding in Dec.

On 2/8/2024 at 5:51 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

What part of Quebec are you riding in this year ZRT?

Well we where going to start in Temiscaming

To Val+for

To pouir De lacs 100

To st raymond

To Roberval

To Chibouqamau

To Val -dor

Back to Temiscaming

Was going on the 18th but cancelled trip postponed it another week and will see what happens.

Not too promising this year might still have a brand new sled next year with no miles on it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

To Val+for

To pouir De lacs 100

To st raymond

To Roberval

To Chibouqamau

To Val -dor

Back to Temiscaming

Was going on the 18th but cancelled trip postponed it another week and will see what happens.

Not too promising this year might still have a brand new sled next year with no miles on it.

You might have to go farther into Quebec to start. My friend lives in 

Temiscaming. ice base on trails but roads are shot.  Maybe weather will turn around 😎.  

9 hours ago, zrtkat said:

To Val+for

To pouir De lacs 100

To st raymond

To Roberval

To Chibouqamau

To Val -dor

Back to Temiscaming

Wow that first day is a big one given you are on brand new sleds in uninhabited territory. You guys have amazing faith in your new sleds. Enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

You might have to go farther into Quebec to start. My friend lives in 

Temiscaming. ice base on trails but roads are shot.  Maybe weather will turn around 😎.  

If we go might have to drive to Val for and start from there . There are no rooms available at the temrose for the date we wanted to start so we are just waiting and see what develops with this weather. 

• Like 3