Ride on sled dolly ?

infernobuster

Apparently there was a vendor at the sled show who was selling ride on sled dollys?

Anyone remember the company name or website link? 

Is this the one?

https://sledez.com/

Yeah, for a grand, I will use the independent dolly wheels. even the harbor freight (think princess auto) furniture moving dollies are acceptable at 20.00 per dolly. dont get me wrong, this is a nice product but, it isnt worth 1000.00 to me. Ski

• Like 1

Would eat up a ton of floor space too when not in use.  Other issue I see is you have to drive 6' across your garage before you get on it.  So you're still gonna have carbide damage to your floors vs independent wheels where you can put them on at the slab edge.  To each their own.  Would be perfect for some peoples applications I'm sure.

Perhaps a sled dolly would be a better purchase.

I use the old school three piece ones that seem to do the trick to move around the garage. 

https://www.royaldistributing.com/ca_en/maxx-pro-turbo-shop-dolly-1.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw1t2pBhAFEiwA_-A-NE2472wFIu0539paAiKaciRGiLIkHWGAH_x65z8QjlQ179kAUM1yYhoC4jUQAvD_BwE#perfion_brandcolour2=1944

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Perhaps a sled dolly would be a better purchase.

I use the old school three piece ones that seem to do the trick to move around the garage. 

https://www.royaldistributing.com/ca_en/maxx-pro-turbo-shop-dolly-1.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw1t2pBhAFEiwA_-A-NE2472wFIu0539paAiKaciRGiLIkHWGAH_x65z8QjlQ179kAUM1yYhoC4jUQAvD_BwE#perfion_brandcolour2=1944

A lot of times I see these for sale for less than 150.00, used where people are selling, getting out, didnt use it enough. I would like to find one of these. Ski

Thanks thats the one. 

The price listed isnt the one that he is offering for a show price. He said he is attending the peterborough show and offering the same pricing. 

For me, i put down commercial grade expoy flooring in the garage and dont want it torn up. 

We put tongue & groove chipboard down over the floor of the garage to protect it - can drive on it - and put the dollys on and move things around - no issues.

• Like 2

If you have the space and money is not a factor, the product mentioned is very nice no doubt, but you still need to drive the sled onto the dolly from I would assume a hard surface and causing carbide and/or stud damage to that hard surface.

To me makes that dolly I put a link for better, imo.

My set up for offloading at home is back sled trailer to garage door, sled reverses out of trailer into garage, track gets placed on my rear dolly, skis slide down trailer ramp door onto two pieces of plywood on garage floor, lift each ski into there dolly's and voila, sled is in garage on dolly's to move around as I see fit!

Loading is done on my gravel driveway, so pulling sled to driveway and than ride into sled trailer......once my driveway is eventually paved, not sure what I will do....lol

I like to have my sled in the garage personally after rides, to thaw it out and go over what needs to be.

We all just need bigger garages where we can pull our sled trailers into them! 

• Like 1