Permits

signfan

2 hours ago, Dave K said:

They will be awesome, until the day after I decide I will buy a permit, then it will rain. LOL

Buy it tonight still have time. 200 is better then 280 and you still get same amount of riding time 😆
a few winters ago i trailed to milverton to ride about half a dozen times. Trails were great 😎

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, stoney said:

Charge more and sell more permits…lol

+ enforce the sh_t out of it while still providing an awesome product.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I seriously thought about just getting day permits for our second sled BUT you have to buy 2 days minimum so if we use it on 2 different weekends it would cost about the same as the permit so the second seasonal is ordered.

You can just order one two day pass and use it all sesson. No one looks that close 😆
That being said I am ordering my seasonal tonight. 200 is a fair deal even if it is only two weekend or weeks. 

Im back in the OC saddle, my Ontario permits ordered as usual but deciding on Quebec still. Last year i did multi day passes and it woulda been cheaper to get the full season pass. Got till dec 1 to decide. Either way im  still pumping quarters into that arcade game all day long lol:icon_steer:  :Drinking2:

• Like 5

14 hours ago, stoney said:

Here we are on an actual sledding forum and all this talk of folks not buying ON permits - lets hope we have a banner year to change that mindset..... :) !

Yes, as a snowmobiling friend told me years ago. You should buy a permit to support the system, not to go riding. If you're a snowmobiler, the system needs to survive in order for it to be there in the future. Day passes are for tourists.

My 3 permits came in. I'm putting one on my back up sled incase someone wants to ride it. It may go out once or twice I figure. Besides, the insurance is double the cost of the permit.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, as a snowmobiling friend told me years ago. You should buy a permit to support the system, not to go riding. If you're a snowmobiler, the system needs to survive in order for it to be there in the future. Day passes are for tourists.

My 3 permits came in. I'm putting one on my back up sled incase someone wants to ride it. It may go out once or twice I figure. Besides, the insurance is double the cost of the permit.

I agree 1000%. I have long not been a proponent of the current system as it stands. I think its doomed to fail this way but that doesn't mean i take my ball and go home. I bought two permits and if i get 200km on each thats fine. Not  talking about 1000's of dollars here like oh ................................a new sled.

• Like 2

We buy 5 permits every year - you've seen the mileage on my sons.

My 2012 has 4700 miles on it :)

As a family we are happy to contribute - hoping it will be there one day when I can return.

• Like 4

Got my email saying my 2nd permit was shipped yesterday. I went in and checked the permit number. They started at # 5,000 and mine processed earlier this week was 36,220 so (assuming they are processed in order of purchase) they had sold 31,200 early permits by October 27th with the last 4 days of early sales still to be counted.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Got my email saying my 2nd permit was shipped yesterday. I went in and checked the permit number. They started at # 5,000 and mine processed earlier this week was 36,220 so (assuming they are processed in order of purchase) they had sold 31,200 early permits by October 27th with the last 4 days of early sales still to be counted.

Mine is L036632 that purchased on the 27th.

Did some checking today on permit numbers and dates (I think I did the same last year).....

• 2023 permit ordered Oct 27, 2022 - permit number was 34,525
  • 2024 permit ordered Oct 27, 2023 - permit number is 36,632

Pretty close in numbers on exact same date, so I guess that is a good thing....:coffeenose:

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Did some checking today on permit numbers and dates (I think I did the same last year).....

• 2023 permit ordered Oct 27, 2022 - permit number was 34,525
  • 2024 permit ordered Oct 27, 2023 - permit number is 36,632

Pretty close in numbers on exact same date, so I guess that is a good thing....:coffeenose:

Not quite that simple Stoney. Without going out to check my sled, I'm pretty certain they started numbering at 1 last year. This year they started numbering at 5001. You need to subtract 5000 from this years permit number to get a true idea of how many were sold.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Not quite that simple Stoney. Without going out to check my sled, I'm pretty certain they started numbering at 1 last year. This year they started numbering at 5001. You need to subtract 5000 from this years permit number to get a true idea of how many were sold.

Ya, I thought about that, but figured if you knew/suggested they started at 5001 this year, they must do that each year?!?!

I am not sure what the reason for that is of course, figured they would start at 1 each year, so why randomly start at 5001 this year, must be some sort of consistency to that process year after year, but maybe not....

Perhaps years they expect low permit numbers, the OFSC artificially exaggerate the number of permits sold to protect the optics....lol 

11 hours ago, stoney said:

Perhaps years they expect low permit numbers, the OFSC artificially exaggerate the number of permits sold to protect the optics....lol 

I don't remember them starting at that high a number the last few years. I do think you are correct about making it look good.

• Like 2

Well that explains why I purchased on day one and I am in the 9000 range. I was surprised to see so many of us buying on day one. Maybe the first 5k are the day permits?

8 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

Maybe the first 5k are the day permits?

Possibly, but then how did they number (if they do) the day permits last year when early full year permits stated at number 1?

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Possibly, but then how did they number (if they do) the day permits last year when early full year permits stated at number 1?

Maybe they going to set those aside and sell them as in season full permits when ordered 🤷🏽‍♂️
See what number I get, when permit arrives. 

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Maybe they going to set those aside and sell them as in season full permits when ordered 🤷🏽‍♂️

Very doutful about that. By selling in order and not jumping around, they can easily tell how many are sold and in what time frame plus they started at 2000 about 3-4 years ago.

• Thanks 1