Huntsville Lakes....

capster59

The skokes will be closed down for  business for a couple days with this warmup 

On 2/13/2023 at 10:38 AM, Strong Farmer said:

Calling for plus 9 at musoka airport on Wednesday now we are suppose to hit plus 15 C in Kitchener. Maybe a new Feb record. So much for best conditions on family day weekend. 😂 Even Sunday plus 2 C at musoka airport. My Uncle saying trails around him are toast and he just run roads when he gets fresh snow. He is east of parry sound. Only has about 18” of snow. Usually 5 feet plus this time of year. 

Strong Man wonder what the Farmers Almanac had predicted weather wise for this winter .For some reason l can't find my copy .

• Haha 1

Yesterday made the trip to Baysville….well worth the drive! And apparently in the knick of time as I see trails have closed. Rode up to Dwight . Did the 65 loop which was awesome and 64 out and back to kawagama lake, which was even better ( freshly groomed and no traffic ). I found the conditions to be really good especially after last weeks warm up and rain. Yes there was a few shady spots ( very few ) and the trail softened up as the day went by but seemed like plenty of snow and todays warm up really shouldn’t be that damaging . Lakes were great to run. ( see pic of Dickie and Raven Lake ) and for what little road running there was, some roads still covered and others you could grab enough of the snow bank . With 10 cm 🤞🏻 forecasted tomorrow and colder temps I’m hoping to get up there soon again. See pics attached 

D3264B39-FEEE-4BA5-808D-888CDB7C7577.jpeg

69E35904-A929-4B39-A4B1-61A96A18E638.jpeg

15ADD129-AB88-470B-9B2C-8835A708485C.jpeg

93881697-4D27-4C2A-A106-1602E49C2E2F.jpeg

DA78136D-8612-47DF-BF41-E5F15F5D3479.jpeg

27111BF7-2936-4281-93AD-EF7A1D4B8510.jpeg

• Like 14

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone giving up when things are really still pretty good. Next 2 weeks forecast looks promising. Hope we get a bit of snow coming out of this warm spell to keeps things lubed up.

• Like 5

It ain’t over until that skinny lady starts singin!  

11 hours ago, signfan said:

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone giving up when things are really still pretty good. Next 2 weeks forecast looks promising. Hope we get a bit of snow coming out of this warm spell to keeps things lubed up.

Right on! Winter doesnt just turn to spring and melt everything in a matter of days up here. Lotsa snowpack left.  Just need enough to fill the drags again and repair the snow bridges👍

• Like 3

Mary Lake trail is staked! 

• Like 2

I see Lake of Bays is now stakes as well. Any update on the rest of Penn and Fairy lakes status?

2 hours ago, Pota said:

I see Lake of Bays is now stakes as well. Any update on the rest of Penn and Fairy lakes status?

Thought Penn was staked?

Sorry, I’m just looking at itg, shows part  of Penn red . Maybe it is staked but keeping it closed?