Jump to content

North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed


Giddy UP
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is what happens when lots of snow comes and no traffic.  This pic is from the Cramadog crew just north of us.  Our club is dealing with the same thing today.  Just a brutal day out there.  Thanks to all involved for battling it out.

 

 

 

147673557_4948202398583821_6743390418103433847_o.thumb.jpg.66323ab9f4386b86c6a1c8e670885486.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cravesledding said:

Spoke with councilor, was one man decision, unbelievable. Don't think he really and truly understands what he has done 

to these small towns and businesses that rely on this sport. Sad state of affairs, sorry Bill. Hopefully they will let us lose next weekend.

I was going to reach out to my councillor (ward 5 )but given past experiences a friend of mine had with this twit I decided I would be further ahead talking to a rock.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if trails in the north bay area will be opening this week?  I've listened to the Ford press release and I cannot understand of its being lifted or extended.  Any information would be greatly appreciated 

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another week or so based on today's announcement unless the good Doc changes his order for North Bay/Parry Sound unit.  

When regions are returning to the framework.  (Colour codes per region again)

As local trends of key public health indicators improve, regions will be gradually transitioned back into this framework, with some new and modified measures in place.

We anticipate public health unit regions will return to the framework and no longer be subject to the shutdown and stay-at-home orders on the dates below. These dates may change depending on the trends in local public health indicators.

Timing

February 10

  • Hastings and Prince Edward Counties Health Unit
  • Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox and Addington Health Unit
  • Renfrew County and District Health Unit

February 16

  • Algoma Public Health
  • Brant County Health Unit
  • Chatham-Kent Public Health
  • Durham Region Health Department
  • Eastern Ontario Health Unit
  • Grey Bruce Health Unit
  • Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
  • Halton Region Health Department
  • Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit
  • Hamilton Public Health Services
  • Huron Perth Public Health
  • Lambton Health Unit
  • Leeds Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
  • Middlesex-London Health Unit
  • Niagara Region Public Health Department
  • North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit
  • Northwestern Health Unit
  • Ottawa Public Health
  • Peterborough Public Health
  • Porcupine Health Unit
  • Public Health Sudbury & Districts
  • Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services
  • Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit
  • Southwestern Public Health
  • Thunder Bay District Health Unit
  • Timiskaming Health Unit
  • Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
  • Windsor-Essex County Health Unit

February 22

  • Peel Public Health
  • Toronto Public Health
  • York Region Public Health
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Bigdaddy63250 said:

Does anyone know if trails in the north bay area will be opening this week?  I've listened to the Ford press release and I cannot understand of its being lifted or extended.  Any information would be greatly appreciated 

 

Thanks

Don't think so. The "Stay at home" order is only lifted this week in 3 eastern Ontario health units. The order is lifted for the rest of the province, except Toronto, Peel and York regions, on February 16th. T-Y-P open Feb 22. The power of the Chief Medical Officer of any PHU to close the trails, which is the North Bay/Parry Sound situation, was granted independent of the emergency order, I believe. Hope I am wrong about that, but it seems like a long time ago that they were given that power. I will be looking that up shortly.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kicker said:

There a petition going around if anyone is interested in getting this guy ousted. 

http://chng.it/prmWTLKdqh

 

 

This pos needs to go.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, stoney said:

Perfect example of why one person should never be able to yield that kind of authority or decision making capabilities :crazy_grn: :headbang:

If we did not live in such a politically correct world, I am thinking this Dr. would have some serious second thoughts about this given possible retribution.

 

Reminds me of a mayor or health official in KS or OK resigning last year due death threats after she mandated restrictions.

 

This clown is lucky he lives in Canada, not that I'm advocating violence.

 

BTW, I saw just the other day that OK surpassed 400,000 cases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tricky said:

Don't think so. The "Stay at home" order is only lifted this week in 3 eastern Ontario health units. The order is lifted for the rest of the province, except Toronto, Peel and York regions, on February 16th. T-Y-P open Feb 22. The power of the Chief Medical Officer of any PHU to close the trails, which is the North Bay/Parry Sound situation, was granted independent of the emergency order, I believe. Hope I am wrong about that, but it seems like a long time ago that they were given that power. I will be looking that up shortly.

The trails won't open this week, but should on February 16. I was wrong about when/how the closed trails came about. Dr Jim Chirico closed the trails under the emergency stay-at-home order, which is set to end on Feb 16. Therefore the trails should open when the emergency order is lifted for the area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tricky said:

The trails won't open this week, but should on February 16. I was wrong about when/how the closed trails came about. Dr Jim Chirico closed the trails under the emergency stay-at-home order, which is set to end on Feb 16. Therefore the trails should open when the emergency order is lifted for the area.

The fact that he is alone in his decision, everyone else let the trails be open will definitely help him change his mind and let trails open

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not betting the trails will open.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If hotels aren’t opening on feb 16th in NB area , with all the nice snow around the Southern Ontario - is would think they’d open them up, as would only be “local” riding. Would be very little people “trailering to the area”.

 

 

if hotels ARE opened, then he could easily use the stick that people would still be coming to area an infect us all.....

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a thought, but has anyone considered just moving ahead and opening , riding, defying said order? and taking the fine and this BS into court?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Just a thought, but has anyone considered just moving ahead and opening , riding, defying said order? and taking the fine and this BS into court?

 

 

i go out every day.Perks of trail maintenance.Most clubs in D10&11 are grooming with the blessing of the OPP.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Should be green except NB had an out break at an apartment building with 17.otherwise NB had 2 or3 and PS 1. Same problems as your health unit  trying to compare Frazerburg with Barrie.

its a one week rolling average so green is less than ten for a population of 100,000. you wont attain green status. which is stupid but reality

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Should be green except NB had an out break at an apartment building with 17.otherwise NB had 2 or3 and PS 1. Same problems as your health unit  trying to compare Frazerburg with Barrie.

Covid zero is not attainable and will never be.  Time to move on.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2021 at 10:49 AM, 02Sled said:

It's not the province doing this... it's one rogue medical officer. I wonder who hires and fires these people

 

I realize it is not the province responsible for this act of stupidity, but this moron is paid by the Ontario taxpayers. He was hired by the province so therefore could be fired by the province. Being the only medical officer in Ontario implementing this on sledders he definitely qualifies for acceptance in the OABD club.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Covid zero is not attainable and will never be.  Time to move on.

Polio was eradicated

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Polio was eradicated

Ask Bill Gates about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snapper said:

I realize it is not the province responsible for this act of stupidity, but this moron is paid by the Ontario taxpayers. He was hired by the province so therefore could be fired by the province. Being the only medical officer in Ontario implementing this on sledders he definitely qualifies for acceptance in the OABD club.

Hence my comment about opening up, riding, and going against this stupid order. He may have the power to implement it, but there has to be sound reason and justification - none of which exists outside of his own twisted vision.

 

It might be time his bs be taken in front of a judge, I think clubs should keep grooming, people should keep riding and let the ticket writing happen with every single one of them go into the already back logged courts for dispute.

 

It's over the top and people should not be listening and obeying like dogs looking for some sort of a treat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • revrnd locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...