North Bay Parry Sound Health Unit ordering area OFSC trails closed

Giddy UP

https://globalnews.ca/news/7614949/sudbury-mayor-checkpoints-northern-ontario-non-essential-travel/

Guess where is up next?

That ends my week long trip to that area I planned weeks before this round of lockdowns started.

59 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7614949/sudbury-mayor-checkpoints-northern-ontario-non-essential-travel/

Guess where is up next?

That ends my week long trip to that area I planned weeks before this round of lockdowns started.

The article states the province is not instituting checks. Hwy 69 is a provincial hwy and not part of the city jurisdiction. 

7 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

The article states the province is not instituting checks. Hwy 69 is a provincial hwy and not part of the city jurisdiction. 

yea.. do not base your fun or life on what our Mayor says... think this is the only the 3rd time we've heard from him since the Pandemic started, didn't know he was still around...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Jason T said:

yea.. do not base your fun or life on what our Mayor says... think this is the only the 3rd time we've heard from him since the Pandemic started, didn't know he was still around...

Is that good or bad though?

Our mayor doesn't live in our city and since she doesn't think drugs and crime are a problem i don't think she has been here since this started.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vooodooo said:

Guess where is up next?

Not going to happen.

Your trip will be fine.

2 hours ago, theedge said:

Is that good or bad though?

Our mayor doesn't live in our city and since she doesn't think drugs and crime are a problem i don't think she has been here since this started.:ph34r:

She needs to hang around the Shoppers Drug Mart downtown and look across the street at the disaster that is there. What a slap in the face to the Mill restaurant, and other surrounding businesses.  

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

She needs to hang around the Shoppers Drug Mart downtown and look across the street at the disaster that is there. What a slap in the face to the Mill restaurant, and other surrounding businesses.

Now that there is a whole new can of worms so to speak. Thats just been allowed to fester and fester and fester. Yup welcome to downtown Burbank.:argue:

55 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Those are not very convincing articles....a lot of " no evidence" statements that don't prove the point but leave it up in air.  Although they admit  that blocks of votes occur from recent Immigrants, which is obvious when we view outcome of electing of left wing candidates in GTA.   The articles also get sidetracked by black voting habits, but the black vote is much more nuanced and not as influenced as obviously as the immigrants Liberal Canada has been focused on for the past decade. .......just look at outcomes of Federal elections , the facts are obvious.  

We have a cottage right on the Seguin just east of Orrville where the Seguin and C101 meet.. That’s how I got into sledding and this has been a downer for sure.

Now they are saying if the squalls stay stationary over certain areas can get 40+cm.. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 11:10 AM, Jason T said:

Say what you will about Ptbo's mayor she has been fairly visible.

On the other hand our beloved MP was MIA for the longest time last year. A friend figured she was in hiding w/ her finance (a former Liberal MP who didn't get re-elected in 2019) in New Brunswick. When she did appear via video, there was no way to determine when or where the video was made. Before I could say it, he said, "She needs to hold up the day's newspaper like kidnapping victims". LOL

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Looking at the radar, too bad the trails are closed. Such a shame...Not trying to rub salt into the wound, just a observation..

Screenshot_20210205-191529_Weather Network.jpg

I was thinking the same, CTV Sudbury tonight says that there should be lots of lake effect snow in the Parry Sound area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I was thinking the same, CTV Sudbury tonight says that there should be lots of lake effect snow in the Parry Sound area.

Kudos to the Mattawa Snowmobile Club Facebook page, they are all over this stupid decision.  They seem to be doing alot of posting on the trails closures.  You wonder if this 'doctor ' realizes the damage being done. Too bad like most things lately,  its falling on deaf ears. His paycheck is still good..

• Like 2

baytoday.ca/local-news/opinion-snowmobile-enthusiasts-want-discussion-about-reopening-trails-3319235?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0Fh445se0Ks5LXwqvrBiKRjn_u7fmKV67lJ1DJQdfBNoyCSNPDJ7I81Mg

-10 on the deck thermometer and strong blowing winds here in the Pointe Au Baril area north of Parry Sound this morning. Lots of fresh snow for grooming, trails should be ready to go if we get a Health Unit leader with a brain

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

-10 on the deck thermometer and strong blowing winds here in the Pointe Au Baril area north of Parry Sound this morning. Lots of fresh snow for grooming, trails should be ready to go if we get a Health Unit leader with a brain

X2

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Not if the groomer is broke.

• revrnd locked this topic