Jump to content

Hearst hotel


monte1214
 Share

Recommended Posts

What’s the name of the hotel in Hearst that’s just off the A as you come into town from the East?

ITG isn’t showing hotels up there for some reason? 

Edited by monte1214
Link to comment
Share on other sites

companion.

 

Ski

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Ski. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, Queen's is next door.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Companion is generally my go-to in Hearst.   Heated sled storage and the restaurant is quite good.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Companion for us as well, the heated garage is a big selling point and they have treated us well, I like the rooms at the back where you can unload at your room.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Queens has a pool and maybe a hot tub.  The Companion closed the hot tub down years back.  You can still keep your sled in the heated garage of the Companion, but it costs an extra $5 / night and if it is full you are out of luck.  We still walk next door 15 meters to the restaurant and lounge at the Companion if we stay at the Queens.  We use both.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both have their good points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

Companion for us as well, the heated garage is a big selling point and they have treated us well, I like the rooms at the back where you can unload at your room.

 

 

Just booked rooms 129&131(adjoining) at the back corner of the Companion for our trip the first week of March. Lucky to get them as I thought maybe Turbo Doo would have them for 1/2 the winter LOL

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just booked rooms 129&131(adjoining) at the back corner of the Companion for our trip the first week of March. Lucky to get them as I thought maybe Turbo Doo would have them for 1/2 the winter LOL

 

Almost the truth :rotflmao:

 

Be sure to message me when you get up here. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just booked rooms 129&131(adjoining) at the back corner of the Companion for our trip the first week of March. Lucky to get them as I thought maybe Turbo Doo would have them for 1/2 the winter LOL

Sounds like we may just miss you.  We are there on the 1st,iirc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

Sounds like we may just miss you.  We are there on the 1st,iirc

We start in Liskeard then Westway on the 2nd and then Hearst. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2019 at 8:20 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We start in Liskeard then Westway on the 2nd and then Hearst. 

We may see you guys at some point in the NCDN.  Companion Inn is our go to spot, but may try out the Queens this season also!. Either way, im sure Denis will put us up..B):rotflmao::wavey:..

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Either way, im sure Denis will put us up..B):rotflmao::wavey:..

 

Don't you mean "Put up with us"? LOL

 

He has to be nice to me if he wants his hat delivered...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, revrnd said:

 

Don't you mean "Put up with us"? LOL

 

He has to be nice to me if he wants his hat delivered...

Thats what friends are for!...:D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

 

Don't you mean "Put up with us"? LOL

 

He has to be nice to me if he wants his hat delivered...

 

Shhhhh... I like surprises...

I can put you up in the garage with a cot ... you'll be up every 2 hours feeding the stove though...

 

4 hours ago, TURBO DOO said:

Thats what friends are for!...:D

 

The best ones... :evil2:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Techdenis007 said:

 

Shhhhh... I like surprises...

I can put you up in the garage with a cot ... you'll be up every 2 hours feeding the stove though...

 

 

The best ones... :evil2:

 

Well that's better than the tempo LOL

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Techdenis007 said:

 

Shhhhh... I like surprises...

I can put you up in the garage with a cot ... you'll be up every 2 hours feeding the stove though...

 

 

The best ones... :evil2:

:right_on::wub:...:oops:

Edited by TURBO DOO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2019 at 8:53 AM, TURBO DOO said:

We may see you guys at some point in the NCDN.  Companion Inn is our go to spot, but may try out the Queens this season also!. Either way, im sure Denis will put us up..B):rotflmao::wavey:..

 

Other than a night @ the Villa wayyyy back when, the Companion has been our lodgings sledding or not. I've heard of others staying @ the Queen's on their trips w/ no complaints. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Villa has been thoroughly renovated and expanded... accommodations are top notch by people's reports. Might be worth investigating. Fuel and food very close via the Husky restaurant. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Techdenis007 said:

The Villa has been thoroughly renovated and expanded... accommodations are top notch by people's reports. Might be worth investigating. Fuel and food very close via the Husky restaurant. 

Just checked rates at the Villa and it's $14.00 a night more than the Companion. Since we old guys don't like having to leave the building to get to the bar or restaurant + the heated garage availability, the Companion is the best bet for us. Plus the fact that Jocelyn and I have gotten to be phone friends LOL.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just checked rates at the Villa and it's $14.00 a night more than the Companion. Since we old guys don't like having to leave the building to get to the bar or restaurant + the heated garage availability, the Companion is the best bet for us. Plus the fact that Jocelyn and I have gotten to be phone friends LOL.

It does get interesting when you can call a motel/hotel, and they know who you are, what rooms you want etc.  My experiences now with the Companion Inn and Westway.  Say your name, and thats it..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Techdenis007 said:

The Villa has been thoroughly renovated and expanded... accommodations are top notch by people's reports. Might be worth investigating. Fuel and food very close via the Husky restaurant. 

When we stayed there in '01 it was due to a change in our itinerary. It was fine (@ the time for 3 guys). My 2nd trip thru the Corridor & 1st time on the loops. The day of our departure for civilization, we headed north, toured around, saw the tracks from a pack of wolves & came back to the Husky for lunch & then headed east.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someday, off line, I’ll tell the full tale of the male metis hooker from Calstock and his two buddies who followed us around town.  From the bar at the Companion to the Ballet and back again.  A couple of them disappeared for a while so two from our group headed back to the motel and locked up the sleds.  The talent at the ballet was awesome.  One was so hairy a guy in our group was yelling, “put your hands together for Chewbacca”. And 14Snow burned his blue jeans after a member of the touring talent sat on his leg.  Then, stepping out his room the next morning, another one of our group slipped on the ice from the dripping eave and concussed himself. Made for a dizzy ride to LucVille.  

I’m not sure what year this was or if it even true.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

Someday, off line, I’ll tell the full tale of the male metis hooker from Calstock and his two buddies who followed us around town.  From the bar at the Companion to the Ballet and back again.  A couple of them disappeared for a while so two from our group headed back to the motel and locked up the sleds.  The talent at the ballet was awesome.  One was so hairy a guy in our group was yelling, “put your hands together for Chewbacca”. And 14Snow burned his blue jeans after a member of the touring talent sat on his leg.  Then, stepping out his room the next morning, another one of our group slipped on the ice from the dripping eave and concussed himself. Made for a dizzy ride to LucVille.  

I’m not sure what year this was or if it even true.  

 

Reminds me of the old trailcanditions.com message board (1st place I heard of Doobieville as some called it), lots of US sledders wanted to know what towns up north had strip joints. I'll always remember this post, "What goes on in Hearst, stays in Hearst..." LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...