Where you riding next week?

ZR SLEDHEAD

Quebec!

Trying for kirkland lake .just waiting to here a few trail reports come back before we book 

44 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Trying for kirkland lake .just waiting to here a few trail reports come back before we book 

Facebook!!! It's stellar from every report I've heard. 10cm Wednesday. I'm heading up Tuesday. I'll get some reports for ya!

47 minutes ago, matt17 said:

From my garage, sorry to those that can't :D 

That is an excellent 'smart ass' comment. I love it, and envy your situation. Thanks for your continued efforts on behalf of us poor stiffs who have to drive a day to enjoy your trails. I hope to do just that in the next two weeks, but no firm schedule yet.

Not much snow in forecast here maybe ride lakes

1 hour ago, matt17 said:

Adding insult to injury sort of :D  kind of like the guy I let use my fishing boat. I'm at my desk working on the monthly financials and he has the nerve to send me a picture of the fish he just caught using my rod & reel, from my boat.

48 minutes ago, reevester said:

Facebook!!! It's stellar from every report I've heard. 10cm Wednesday. I'm heading up Tuesday. I'll get some reports for ya!

Yes following them on fb .were do all the sledders stay ? Close to trails and food ? Only sledded there in the past but never stayed 

Will be waiting for that report 

5 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

Yes following them on fb .were do all the sledders stay ? Close to trails and food ? Only sledded there in the past but never stayed 

Will be waiting for that report 

Comfort inn, microtel, and super 8 all with good parking and trails to the door. A few diners in town. Mcdicks and tims right by hotels and Canadian tire has bar. Excellent little sledders friendly town. 

7 minutes ago, whits-end said:

We're heading to KL tomorrow.  Very disappointed that we're being raped at Comfort Inn this year.  $160 a night, ground floor?????   Microtel was even more.  Those are the only 2 I'd stay at.  

Yeah I found that strange too but I can understand making hay while the sun shines. I got a room a the microtel for 160 tax in. Hope I'm not on the 3rd floor lol. 

Westway earlier this week: 130 per night including taxes for a room with two double beds.

13 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Westway earlier this week: 130 per night including taxes for a room with two double beds.

Yeah that's what we also paid as well. 

Starting in Searchmont heading north

2 hours ago, whits-end said:

We're heading to KL tomorrow.  Very disappointed that we're being raped at Comfort Inn this year.  $160 a night, ground floor?????   Microtel was even more.  Those are the only 2 I'd stay at.  

For anyone cheap like me that doesn't spend much time at the hotel, I would encourage you to try the Super8. (Some of you stop laughing now!) Last year the rate there for a room with 2 doubles wasn't much over a hundred bucks. Tim's is next door and there is a great pub/restaurant/sports bar(always forget the name) within walking distance. Truck/trailer parking was allowed, and once you take the time to find the trail correctly, trail access is excellent and right from the parking lot. No need to be illegally riding down the sidewalks as I have seen in the past. The place has a shaky past as HoJos and Kirkland Inn, but last year they seemed to be getting things sorted out. If you are travelling with the queen, Super8 is not your spot, but I stayed there last year with my adult daughter and didn't lose my 'good dad' status. Note that we are snowmobilers first, not tourists.

8 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Starting in Searchmont heading north

What? Sledding again! You lucky SO.....

25 minutes ago, tricky said:

What? Sledding again! You lucky SO.....

Can't sled in the summer or when I'm dead so nows the time lol

33 minutes ago, tricky said:

For anyone cheap like me that doesn't spend much time at the hotel, I would encourage you to try the Super8. (Some of you stop laughing now!) Last year the rate there for a room with 2 doubles wasn't much over a hundred bucks. Tim's is next door and there is a great pub/restaurant/sports bar(always forget the name) within walking distance. Truck/trailer parking was allowed, and once you take the time to find the trail correctly, trail access is excellent and right from the parking lot. No need to be illegally riding down the sidewalks as I have seen in the past. The place has a shaky past as HoJos and Kirkland Inn, but last year they seemed to be getting things sorted out. If you are travelling with the queen, Super8 is not your spot, but I stayed there last year with my adult daughter and didn't lose my 'good dad' status. Note that we are snowmobilers first, not tourists.

I have this thing in my head where I give it a shake about spending over $100 for a bed. I'm not interested in hot tubs, saunas or any of that other stuff... clean and comfortable works. Doesn't have to be fancy. Let me have a shower, put my head down for the night after a day of riding and I'll be gone early the next morning. Go ahead call me cheap.

59 minutes ago, tricky said:

Sounds good to me ,I’m going to sled and sleep not to impress my date ,can u park your truck and sled right at your door? And you say trail access is good with no road rash or sidewalks ,I don’t do sidewalks 

5 hours ago, matt17 said:

Yeah but don't you get tired of same trail all the time? 

3 hours ago, whits-end said:

X 2...we'll be there next Wednesday night to start a northern loop, then back there at the end of our ride the following Monday.  Really pisses me off, the gouging rates both Comfort Inn & Microtel charge in KL.  When the Microtel opened a couple of years ago, that competition was supposed to bring prices down, but it didn't seem to last very long.  Apparently the local mining activity contributes a lot to the demand for local motel accommodation, which likely keeps rates significantly higher than many comparable towns in the north. 

As for the former HoJo/Kirkland Inn at the east end of downtown, you couldn't pay me to stay there again, UNLESS it has been seriously upgraded since it switched to a Super8.  Last time I was there, a number of years ago, it was a horrible experience...the rooms were really tacky and quite run-down, and not very warm (our outside door wouldn't even close tight), the meal was really mediocre, and the parking for trucks & trailers was awkward at best.  

Archived