First Green of the season

matt17

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2017 at 4:28 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Actually since we (65 volunteers) were told the same by the District 5 Governor,  I would bet money on it's accuracy. 

The wording is vague and it contradicts itself to some degree. It states it is the sole source, then says it is not to be taken as accurate. Think about that and let it sink in.

4 minutes ago, zoso said:

The wording is vague and it contradicts itself to some degree. It states it is the sole source, then says it is not to be taken as accurate. Think about that and let it sink in.

You wrote it, "It states it is the sole source." That's all we were discussing. I think that statement from the OFSC + a District governors word should be enough. Think about that and let it sink in. 

3 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You wrote it, "It states it is the sole source." That's all we were discussing. I think that statement from the OFSC + a District governors word should be enough. Think about that and let it sink in. 

So the sole source is not to be deemed as accurate. Do you not see the problem hereÉ Map says closed but club  says open but map could not be updated, club not allowed to tell you because of a lawyer. Club closes trail due to hazard, cannot update map, puts up signage, signage is meaning less as per OFSC map is only source. Do you not see the issue here. Hell that map barely works.

The status could change from the time the club updates the status until you actually get to ride it.  In other words, it is as accurate as possible.

17 hours ago, zoso said:

So the sole source is not to be deemed as accurate. Do you not see the problem hereÉ Map says closed but club  says open but map could not be updated, club not allowed to tell you because of a lawyer. Club closes trail due to hazard, cannot update map, puts up signage, signage is meaning less as per OFSC map is only source. Do you not see the issue here. Hell that map barely works.

Not sure where you are getting the idea that the club cannot get the ITG updated. With the change to more District control, in District 5 at least there is contact info. given to each club for a district person who can update the ITG. I know that in district 5 there has been discussion at the board meeting about how they can be sure someone will be available to make changes to the trails status.

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Not sure where you are getting the idea that the club cannot get the ITG updated. With the change to more District control, in District 5 at least there is contact info. given to each club for a district person who can update the ITG. I know that in district 5 there has been discussion at the board meeting about how they can be sure someone will be available to make changes to the trails status.

Where am I getting the idea, perhaps from 25 years of experience. A volunteer that cannot access the system cannot provide an update. Further, not until recently updates were only mandated twice per week, more if you desired. IOWs there is absolutely no accurate information on trail status available, and the message is exactly that.

37 minutes ago, zoso said:

Where am I getting the idea, perhaps from 25 years of experience. A volunteer that cannot access the system cannot provide an update. Further, not until recently updates were only mandated twice per week, more if you desired. IOWs there is absolutely no accurate information on trail status available, and the message is exactly that.

WOW, you must have been really scared to go for a ride before the first ITG came along if you believe there is no accurate trail status available now. Probably best just to stay home and shine the sled I guess.

Not saying trails are open,but driving into Fenelon Falls today noticed groomer had made a pass south toward Lindsay on the rail trail.

1 hour ago, Dufftom said:

Not saying trails are open,but driving into Fenelon Falls today noticed groomer had made a pass south toward Lindsay on the rail trail.

woot woot ... looking forward for the rail trail opening 

11 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

WOW, you must have been really scared to go for a ride before the first ITG came along if you believe there is no accurate trail status available now. Probably best just to stay home and shine the sled I guess.

That is a silly thing to say. Being I opened the trails every year for a decade or more for my club. I do not pay any attention to the online trail map, never really have. 

11 hours ago, Dufftom said:

The rail line was packed to Kinmount. No sign of the Haliburton club yet. Railbed looks to be thin so My guess is they are waiting for a bit more snow before opening it up...

2 hours ago, zoso said:

That is a silly thing to say. Being I opened the trails every year for a decade or more for my club. I do not pay any attention to the online trail map, never really have. 

Therefore one word seems fitting for your ITG posts, redundant. I'm done with this bye bye.

27 minutes ago, zoso said:

Most clubs try hard to make sure guide is accurate as possible. Going to always be glitches no matter what happens. I would say system is way more accurate today then in past, before the map days. 

On 14/12/2017 at 1:34 PM, andreyboater said:

We got more green on map

Screenshot_20171214-133121.png

Now Mooseland to Hornepayne is done...Screenshot_2017-12-19-11-02-28.thumb.png.46b990fe5b8fd2e222e2a232e4076360.png

1 hour ago, Alex29 said:

Now Mooseland to Hornepayne is done...Screenshot_2017-12-19-11-02-28.thumb.png.46b990fe5b8fd2e222e2a232e4076360.png

L123 is now Green.  That means we can ALMOST go for a ride ....

I'm going to recon the L155 tonight (the South trail on the pipeline from Hearst to Mattice), see if the previous packing job will permit safe riding to Kap.  Next order of business will be to see if they packed and/or groomed West of Hearst, see if they got any farther with it.

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

L123 is now Green.  That means we can ALMOST go for a ride ....

I'm going to recon the L155 tonight (the South trail on the pipeline from Hearst to Mattice), see if the previous packing job will permit safe riding to Kap.  Next order of business will be to see if they packed and/or groomed West of Hearst, see if they got any farther with it.

I'm coming ! !

Sundridge and South River has some yellow. They seem to always open earlier.

"A" West was groomed at least to Kabina river. A few local trails have been groomed this week as well.  Just spotted this update on the ITG...

Screenshot_20171221-204346.thumb.png.0efa8c38ea97743e269cc850fbe053c8.png

Does anyone see what's missing on the map above? Like, what should there be that's not there? 

Where is the yellow Skippy sled at the top ?

Archived