$20,000. Snowmobiles and the Canary In the Coal Mine

Cuyuna

4 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Didn't miss that at all. Caught it right away. Don't forget your chewin' tabaccy as you head off to the coal mine. :D

when you've completely lost an argument and are too immature, narcissistic and egotistical to man up, resort to name calling and shaming. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

when you've completely lost an argument and are too immature, narcissistic and egotistical to man up, resort to name calling and shaming. 

When did I resort to calling you names.... seems I didn't did I. You have however referred to us all repeatedly as being ignorant.

Now which sled was it that now has the $20K price tag again.

2 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

When did I resort to calling you names.... seems I didn't did I. You have however referred to us all repeatedly as being ignorant.

Now which sled was it that now has the $20K price tag again.

You've insinuating that I'm a bigot, that is shaming and name calling in my books yet I've done nothing of the sort.

saying you're ignorant because you are ignoring facts isn't name calling, its stating the obvious.  Get a grip!

9 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

You've insinuating that I'm a bigot, that is shaming and name calling in my books yet I've done nothing of the sort.

saying you're ignorant because you are ignoring facts isn't name calling, its stating the obvious.  Get a grip!

Whoa... where did I say you're a bigot... you're way off base. Didn't happen.

Now the Jays have won 26 out of the 40 home openers. They will be playing Baltimore. Who's going to the opener.

22 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

think some might of missed Canadoos blatant insult when he stated “ Based on the demographics of sledders and specifically internet sledders. I'd expect to be in the minority here.”…………in other words he expected most of us to be dumb ignorant red necks I guess ………..and then goes on to continually call us ignorant and unable to research like he does in essence.

Didn't miss that at all. Caught it right away. Don't forget your chewin' tabaccy as you head off to the coal mine. :D So how many will be buying that $20K sled... not me. I will always buy what I like and what fits my needs. I don't need the $20K sled but an upper middle range will do me nicely.

right there ^   or did you forget, it was less than 1/2 an hour ago!

5 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Whoa... where did I say you're a bigot... you're way off base. Didn't happen.

Now the Jays have won 26 out of the 40 home openers. They will be playing Baltimore. Who's going to the opener.

Enough! 

Interpret what you will however you want. All I said was that I caught your implied comment on the demographics of sledders.

Now back on topic....who here has the most expensive snowmobile....

Here is an article on the cost of the new sleds and sticker shock

http://www.amsnow.com/news/2017/02/the-price-is-right

regarding the cost of snowmachines..........now I may be a dumb ignorant country bumpkin according to Canadoo , but a few years back I figured out all on my own how to get on the internet and that site called Kijji and found a used snowmachine for $1500 . I was able to figure out how to drive to his house all on my own even in my redneck truck and although it was a gas powered engine and I would of preferred electric to please the enviro Nazis , I had to settle for the two stroke and most winters it has done me fine, although I wish it had reverse.

Now I am planning on buying another machine in next few years (max spend maybe $6000) and I will do that because I am confident  that the Liberal cap and trade system will immediately stop the globe from heating up and there will for sure be snow on my farm and maple syrup woodlot for many winters to come . .............. sarcasm off now

25 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Enough! 

X2, maybe you guys can take this conversation to a group PM,

Panther... as we age we increasingly appreciate things like the reverse you mentioned. Another one is electric start. One of the guys I ride with relented and this past season got a sled with electric start and reverse. He concluded he was getting just too damned old to be pulling on it when it was reluctant to start or having to wrestle the sled to turn around on a narrow trail.

8 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Panther... as we age we increasingly appreciate things like the reverse you mentioned. Another one is electric start. One of the guys I ride with relented and this past season got a sled with electric start and reverse. He concluded he was getting just too damned old to be pulling on it when it was reluctant to start or having to wrestle the sled to turn around on a narrow trail.

I would never get a sled without either of those even though I pull start the sleds half the time.

Speaking of 20K for a sled.  Would say that is getting prohibitive for a machine used only a couple of months a season at best.

13 minutes ago, Nunz said:

X2, maybe you guys can take this conversation to a group PM,

Can almost tell the sledding season is over eh? 

Bunch a pent up old men in this place :lol:

When I was half my age, I wouldn't own a sled with electric start and reverse. I would have as little on them as possible to cut down weight and make them faster. Also no or very little windshield. Now I wouldn't be without them. The windshield on my sled is about the size of a living room window.

29 minutes ago, reevester said:

Can almost tell the sledding season is over eh? 

Bunch a pent up old men in this place :lol:

Speak for yourself on the old part... my head tells me I'm semi invincible and I'm still only in my mid 30's. My damn body keeps reminding me though that my head is lying to me. :D

2 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Speak for yourself on the old part... my head tells me I'm semi invincible and I'm still only in my mid 30's. My damn body keeps reminding me though that my head is lying to me. :D

Yeah you seem like a real wild one old fella. 

26 minutes ago, reevester said:

Yeah you seem like a real wild one old fella. 

Used to be in my younger invincible days. At one time my weekends were spent calf roping and bulldogging at the rodeos. That's likely what accounts for my knee and lower back pains I have now. I like to think that over the years my levels of common sense and self preservation may have evolved.

5 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Used to be in my younger invincible days. At one time my weekends were spent calf roping and bulldogging at the rodeos. That's likely what accounts for my knee and lower back pains I have now. I like to think that over the years my levels of common sense and self preservation may have evolved.

Fascinating.

Have any pics o2. Would love to see one of you at the rodeo :-).

20 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Have any pics o2. Would love to see one of you at the rodeo :-).

somewhere there are a bunch of them but not digital... old 35mm film. We have a lot more of my wife and her horse also almost all 35mm. Recent ones of my wife's horse. I'll look for some from my younger days58d40ce1ad784_TyDec2016(2).thumb.jpg.bfe6a545177ba114d15ddae613007149.jpg58d40c95a4012_TyDec2016.thumb.jpg.06f4e7a8450382b27b74aa4d97ea9a36.jpg

Let's hope the conservations Saturday at the sneak peak show don't go off the rails like this has.

7 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Let's hope the conservations Saturday at the sneak peak show don't go off the rails like this has.

The old guys must be in bed!!!  It's quiet right now.

3 minutes ago, gobills said:

Lol

5 minutes ago, gobills said:

...not all of them. :)

Indeed

Archived