So From North Bay South Is Done Or No?

blown corner

What should I be feeling? Pack em up or hold out till next weekend or after that? I haven't heard any news but in south river area. I know the rain hurt. But enough as to that I should turn off my snowmobiling switch in the brain for the year? The weather is turning around. Have clubs thrown in the towel and if so which ones? Thanks for any input on any location you may have.

I saw that Highland Rovers is trying to open some trails for this weekend in the Kearney area. If they do we will likely head out Sunday for a little ride, or towards Tall Pines trails.

1 hour ago, blown corner said:

What should I be feeling? Pack em up or hold out till next weekend or after that? I haven't heard any news but in south river area. I know the rain hurt. But enough as to that I should turn off my snowmobiling switch in the brain for the year? The weather is turning around. Have clubs thrown in the towel and if so which ones? Thanks for any input on any location you may have.

LOL I'm in the same boat.  I know we could drive 7 to 10 hours from Niagara for good snow.  But the timing is NOT on our side.   Looks like we are packing it in until 2018.

Keep watching the posts on here or Facebook.  Nunz is a great guy that will keep you informed with a good, honest report.

Happy Sledding everyone!!!!! 

P.S. Nunz update your mileage!!!!  I know you have waaaaaaaaaaaay more than 2700 miles buddy.

6 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

LOL I'm in the same boat.  I know we could drive 7 to 10 hours from Niagara for good snow.  But the timing is NOT on our side.   Looks like we are packing it in until 2018.

Keep watching the posts on here or Facebook.  Nunz is a great guy that will keep you informed with a good, honest report.

P.S. Nunz update your mileage!!!!  I know you have waaaaaaaaaaaay more than 2700 miles buddy.

Done. all updated, few more rides left before we pack them in, See you this summer buddy!!

Open trails around South River. 

I still have hope to ride again this season. I may go to Cochrane but would have to travel with a group since i am not familiar with the area.

Jerry

We have snow and cold weather now, but still a lot of washouts, flooded swamps etc.

Most local clubs are working to get some trails open on a limited basis.

36 minutes ago, extreme600 said:

I have racing season around the corner but nothing beats sledding.. just one more would be nice for the year! Lol

It's surprising how much difference a day can make. Honey Harbour yesterday.

Capturex.JPG.862a86678810807d6bcf08cd0cc8e25e.JPG

Honey Harbour today with new ice in an area with a good current....  and here I was thinking it was time to start a thread on who will have the first boat in the water.

Capturex.JPG.089043e723389e7e0cde5b8bfa9a5edf.JPG

The season may still recover in some areas. One real good dumping of lake effect snow may make the difference for some areas.

1 hour ago, grover_yyz said:

I still have hope to ride again this season. I may go to Cochrane but would have to travel with a group since i am not familiar with the area.

Jerry

We are going up next weekend...

seen some good washouts on some of the port sydney trails, will take a good blast to get enough to fill these in and open them up again 

4 minutes ago, Nunz said:

We are going up next weekend...

Commitments for the weekend, damn! Hopefully the next weekend or some weekdays.

12 hours ago, grover_yyz said:

Jerry

I am going Easter weekend if the weather cooperates. Hoping to ride from cochrane over to Hearst and maybe to hornepayne ( weather permitting). 

Almaguin and Highland Rovers club open up trails for weekend.

6 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Almaguin and Highland Rovers club open up trails for weekend.

Awesome news! Hope they can last one more week anyways.

Kinmount through Halliburton looking good out onto E trail. Thinking Monday

Trying to put something together for Thursday through Sunday riding.  Maybe Kap?

Many hundreds of kilometres of excellent trails are much closer at hand than Kap. For a while, at least. :D:D:D

50 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Trying to put something together for Thursday through Sunday riding.  Maybe Kap?

We are in Cochrane Friday night through Monday afternoon 

21 trucks and trailers parked at the Tourist Info Centre in Emsdale, just north of the Seguin, trails I could see from 11 and old HWY 11 looked decent.

Great ride out of Cobden today. 200k, about 3 bare spots, one re-route to avoid a swollen river, and maybe 1k of washboard, sprinkled throughout the day, just to remind us how PERFECT the vast majority of the trails were.

It was like mid-winter, without the crowds.

22 hours ago, manotickmike said:

Great ride out of Cobden today. 200k, about 3 bare spots, one re-route to avoid a swollen river, and maybe 1k of washboard, sprinkled throughout the day, just to remind us how PERFECT the vast majority of the trails were.

It was like mid-winter, without the crowds.

Cobden? My niece lives there, tall redhead, say hi if you see her!  She'll probably be with a rather large ex-army type guy and a littler 18 month old army type guy.

I will! Tell her to wear a tall hat, or maybe a red striped sweater.

I always try to stop In Cobden on my way through. Pretty park, and I remember it as the turning point off the TCH en-route to Golden Lake, site of our summer vacations as a kid, and a long running tryst back in the 80's... ;)

Good times.

Archived