Cochrane feb 25...

Turbo Doo

Made it back to cochrane to the westway from Post 392. Had a amazing day of riding.  Trails were absolute perfection. Was very chilly today. All i can say is that cochrane is absolutely packed with trucks and trailers and sleds.  Post 392 is a definite gem in the north.  Marie and Bill are top notch hosts and what a spread of food Marie Prepares. If you have never stayed there, do yourself a favor and go. Just hanging out with some bevys awaiting 14Snow, Kashe rider, Sledjunk and group to arrive back here to get the friday night party started.  Tomorrows ride sounds like possibly the canyon.  Then we're home sunday.

Pics....20170303_150039.thumb.jpg.e61ea7960f974c3b78da1c419d120661.jpg

20170303_150304.jpg

20170303_150252.jpg

20170303_150235.jpg

20170303_150221.jpg

20170303_150206.jpg

20170303_150151.jpg

20170303_150135.jpg

20170303_150115.jpg

20170303_150058.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics, after hearing you guys all being there this year it is on our list for next season to go to Post 392, Glad you guys are having a great time, Please say hi to everyone for me!!!

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

Thanks for the pics, after hearing you guys all being there this year it is on our list for next season to go to Post 392, Glad you guys are having a great time, Please say hi to everyone for me!!!

Still lots of time this season..B)

On Wednesday, March 01, 2017 at 10:11 PM, sledjunk said:

I am up here with the irREVerents and Sunderland 17.  We rode to Hearst from Cochrane yesterday via Kap.  As we were in lunch in Kap, it started to snow.  By the time we got to Mattice, there was at least 6 inches of fresh snow on the trail and visibility was nearly impossible.

We joined IQT and the Dutchman for a good ride today back to Cochrane, once we got started.

Yesterday, I go hung up on two different RRX on the way to Hearst.  One in Kap, and the other just outside of Moonbeam, IIRC.  Decided to check my carbides this morning and both on the left ski looked like hockey sticks.  No wonder that ski was throwing up a snowstorm and the sled seemed to be pulling left!  A short stop at the Yamaha dealer in Hearst and that was fixed.  In addition, the 600 Etec in the group decided not to restart after it came out of the heated garage.  Yamaha / Polaris dealer looked at it while mine was in the shop and changed the starter relay.

We finally got back on the trail about 11 AM, but still made it here about 5:30.

We stopped for lunch at a little restaurant in Moonbeam.  It is off the trail a bit but relatively easy to find and had great food.

Great meeting up with IQ and the Dutchman and riding today.  Trails were a little bumpy in spots but there is a LOT of traffic up here, so no surprise.

Heres a couple pictures from that days ride..this past Wednesday..

20170303_164443.jpg

20170303_164431.jpg

20170303_164419.jpg

47 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Still lots of time this season..B)

We are off to Cochrane next weekend and if the conditions allow our next weekend off is the 24th. We will see....

26 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Party time at the ice hut.. sledjunk, kashe rider, 14snow, myself, the Dutchman, Evil and twin and crew.. woot woot..B)

IMG_6352.JPG

It be nippley this morning, got -34 in Hearst, can't be any warmer over there .....

Timmins  is - 35 this moning going to be a slow start 

Yes touched -36 at cottage it is chilli out there   think I will toss another log in the stove, have one more coffee, and look outside.

Where is post 392.

I know it post 392 on the hydro line but where ??

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Where is post 392.

I know it post 392 on the hydro line but where ??

It is on the east side of Kenogamissi Lake and if I remember correctly it is almost across from The Cache on the west side (the bay that goes west  almost to Hwy.144). They number the posts on the hydro line (or at least used to) and it was at Post 392. Awesome food when we were there.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

It is on the east side of Kenogamissi Lake and if I remember correctly it is almost across from The Cache on the west side (the bay that goes west  almost to Hwy.144).

Exactly.  It's right across from The Cache, it probably isn't on every kind of map but if you find the Cache, just go due East, they're on the power line right up on shore across the lake.

Abitibi canyon today.. trails were A plus.. Had the pleasure to see Evil and twin and husband in snowmobile action today.. Great ride today.  The Dutchman and i have  rode 2100kms this week. Will post pictures tomorrow once we are home. Party night number 2 has begun..woot woot..

I'll be good, I promise :rolleyes:

Was going to head to cochrane on Tuesday with son #2 but opted to ride around home next week.

Will the two warm days with some rain hurt conditions much?

They'll just create more standing water and cause some water to flow under the surface of the snow.  Won't be any worse than the other 2 times ... 

Right now the snow is pretty dry and sugary.  This makes it difficult to groom and set up.  A little moisture might do a world of good.

Archived