Turbo Doo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

See you guys there.. ice hut??.

Sounds good!  

On 2/25/2017 at 9:51 PM, IQ TURBO said:

New liskeard from this afternoon at the timmies. Just wanted to show the NO SNOW situation..

Resized_20170225_150141.jpeg

We saw that a few years ago as well. Had to revise our annual Blastoff's starting point to Cochrane.It was kind of depressing driving thru the area & the only snow we saw was along the snow fences.

Well were back in hearst. Mondays ride to wawa was absolute perfection.  The ride to hornepayne was really just stunning. After hawk junction i realized i had forgot to take wawa trail 6 to avoid a overflow on the main trail into wawa.  After a quick conversation with the wawa groomer operator, we backtracked to hawk junction and rode into wawa on trail 6. Wawa motor inn was a welcome site after the over 400 kms day we had. We had learned about the overflow from wawa snow riders facebook page the night before..Todays ride back to hearst started with some freezing rain and ice pellets which quickly turned to a full on blizzard until the hornepayne warm up shack. Gassing up in duberville today was a chore, but thanks to Pat from the relais magpie for making it easy. Had a very good conversation with pat also. Had a great lunch at uncles and continued on to hearst where we enjoyed a nice night with Sledjunk, irREVerent and wife, sunderland17, who had rode to hearst from cochrane  and also Denis007..Back to cochrane tomorrow, and still 4 more days of riding.. talk about a big woot woot. Just wanted to give a little update tonight.. tons and tons of new snow today also. Trails were alright today, considering all the blowing snow and traffic. Very very busy up here.. good luck with getting rooms.. thats it for tonight.  Next stop to cochrane tomorrow.. STAY TUNED.. Friday night party night in cochrane. IQ TURBO, the flying Dutchman, 14 snow and kashe rider, Evil and group.. woot woot. Night guys..

20170228_222047.jpg

20170228_222023.jpg

20170228_222009.jpg

20170228_221949.jpg

20170228_221921.jpg

20170228_221908.jpg

20170228_221847.jpg

20170228_221817.jpg

20170228_221759.jpg

Nice report.  Thanks and have fun

Was great having supper with you all, always nice hanging out with you !!  Enjoy the fresh powder ride to Cochrane !!!!

I am up here with the irREVerents and Sunderland 17.  We rode to Hearst from Cochrane yesterday via Kap.  As we were in lunch in Kap, it started to snow.  By the time we got to Mattice, there was at least 6 inches of fresh snow on the trail and visibility was nearly impossible.

We joined IQT and the Dutchman for a good ride today back to Cochrane, once we got started.

Yesterday, I go hung up on two different RRX on the way to Hearst.  One in Kap, and the other just outside of Moonbeam, IIRC.  Decided to check my carbides this morning and both on the left ski looked like hockey sticks.  No wonder that ski was throwing up a snowstorm and the sled seemed to be pulling left!  A short stop at the Yamaha dealer in Hearst and that was fixed.  In addition, the 600 Etec in the group decided not to restart after it came out of the heated garage.  Yamaha / Polaris dealer looked at it while mine was in the shop and changed the starter relay.

We finally got back on the trail about 11 AM, but still made it here about 5:30.

We stopped for lunch at a little restaurant in Moonbeam.  It is off the trail a bit but relatively easy to find and had great food.

Great meeting up with IQ and the Dutchman and riding today.  Trails were a little bumpy in spots but there is a LOT of traffic up here, so no surprise.

Made it down to Post 392. Looks like we will have the place to ourselves.  Definitely looking forward to this place. Marie and Bill are definatly first class hosts. Having some cocktails and laughs. Will post some pics once back in cochrane tomorrow. Timmins down to here is definitely a little low on snow. Although from the timmins, cochrane, smoothrock falls cutoff, timmins had the hydro line groomed to perfection. Both 1200's seemed to wanna run over the 50kms speed limit..B)

11 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Made it down to Post 392. Looks like we will have the place to ourselves.  Definitely looking forward to this place. Marie and Bill are definatly first class hosts. Having some cocktails and laughs. Will post some pics once back in cochrane tomorrow. Timmins down to here is definitely a little low on snow. Although from the timmins, cochrane, smoothrock falls cutoff, timmins had the hydro line groomed to perfection. Both 1200's seemed to wanna run over the 50kms speed limit..B)

That's what I want to hear. Hopefully the little blimp in the forecast next week is nothing major. Enjoy fellas. :cheers:

23 minutes ago, reevester said:

That's what I want to hear. Hopefully the little blimp in the forecast next week is nothing major. Enjoy fellas. :cheers:

Monday and Tuesday look ugly

Timmins around town is thin, but groomed to perfection. Cochrane over to hearst will definitely survive. 

2 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Monday and Tuesday look ugly

Timmins around town is thin, but groomed to perfection. 

Yeah it does. But Wednesday Thursday Friday looks like snow. 

3 minutes ago, reevester said:

Yeah it does. But Wednesday Thursday Friday looks like snow. 

Looks fine. You will have no issues.  Other than polar bear riders and others keeping up with traffic. Talked to a groomer operator this am in cochrane and they cannot groom enough right now..

8 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Looks fine. You will have no issues.  Other than polar bear riders and others keeping up with traffic. Talked to a groomer operator this am in cochrane and they cannot groom enough right now..

Yeah you would think they might try and get another machine and an operator up there for a couple weeks if they could find one. Mah well I won't complain. 

34 minutes ago, reevester said:

I had booked Sunday night to Tuesday night.

Cancelled this morning after seeing that forecast.

2 hours ago, reevester said:

Yeah you would think they might try and get another machine and an operator up there for a couple weeks if they could find one. Mah well I won't complain. 

You just did.

7 minutes ago, whits-end said:

You just did.

You go with that. 

6 hours ago, reevester said:

I agree 100%.  With the heavy traffic being reported in the northern corridor and the lack of snow just a couple hours south, you would think the ofsc could figure out a way to help out pbr and the other clubs for a couple weeks. 

28 minutes ago, The Groomer Guy said:

You guys might want to think about heading to my Area , not as much trafic,   They are crazy busy up there.   They can spare some riders lol

Your right Luc only seen about 8 sleds yesterday from Dubreuilville to hearst seen a lot more the closer we got Kap

Archived