SLOW THE F*%K DOWN

sledzz

I should have also added that this trail was not a "snowmobile trail".  Anyway. This is not a problem that can be regulated away. It's going to take everyone to join in and say something when they see bad bahavior on the trail. The OPP can't be everywhere nor would I want them to be. It's time to man up and do the right thing. Cheers.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GMifty wrote: "I waited until just the right time and stepped out. "

I think most people are here to express an interest in improving the sport and the safety of it.  This certainly isn't the forum for bragging about creating dangerous situations.  Not cool.

Well... How about the dangerous situation the sledder put me in by riding on a trail that isn't an approved trail for sledding. How about the dangerous situation that could occur when a sledder roosts a walker. Anything could be in the snow and when you roost somebody now your slinging a projectile at someone who is out enjoying nature.  

I hate to break the news but regulation only works on the people that follow the rules anyhow.  What you end up with is the same thing you have now, just more of a pain in the ass and cost for the good guys.

I am not a slow driver, but will slow down for any on coming traffic, sledders or otherwise. 

Just a couple of weekends ago had a run in with riders trying to take corners as fast as they can, disgusting, one almost hit a tree which could have been me, over shot the corner, idiot. Another one came around a corner and literally scared the $hit out of me, probably one of those "I drive  130+kms/h in full control types", sure, on his side of the trail but when he seen me he had to cut a little to stay on his side and in the process shot a bunch of snow/dust at me as he passed, then 3 more I would assume his buddies passed as well, I had to slow down, why do I have to drive cautiously for the both of us? My point is what if I was a newbie or a 12 year old kid on a sled for the first time? I've been driving for 25 years and still get a little nervous driving on the trails on weekends when you have sleds whipping by at 'what ever speed' north of 50kms/h.

I don't care how good you are, you can't tell me you have full control of a sled driving 100+kms/h, hell lets make it 80kms/h for that matter, any wrong move or surprise like an animal jumping in front of you or a sled broke down on trail, brush, you break a belt or what ever, that's it.

And yes, I drive those speeds too, but only if I'm the only sled on the trail and on straight aways. I know/have known plenty of people who have been seriously injured and or killed from sledding and the majority cause is speed, I keep this in mind every time I'm out.   

SLOW THE F*%K DOWN is right, especially when your not the only clowns on the trail!!

Think about some of those speeds and put it in perspective. What are the posted limits for the highways where you're much more in control driving a much more controllable vehicle with 4 wheels on the road. 100 and 80. Now you get someone who believes 130 on a trail with bumps, dips and dives is totally safe and in control. I'm not buying it.

2 hours ago, GMifty said:

That's funny. I was out on the trail today. I heard a sled approaching at a high rate of speed and there was a slight curve so they hadn't seen me yet. I waited until just the right time and stepped out. You should have seen the look on this dudes face. His eyes were as wide as saucers! He locked it up and almost hit a tree. I was laughing my ass off. I continued on my way. He tried turning his rig around and promptly got stuck. I could hear him yelling a mile away. Cheers.

not funny at all. your passive aggressive response could have caused and injury or death to that sledder (on a closed trail or not). heck, you could have been injured in the process.

SERIOUS QUESTION: what do you think would have happened to you, if that sledder was severely hurt, or killed? the opp, the insurance companies, would be looking at you for causing that injury or death.

in this instance, on the internet, you just admitted to an aggressive act toward another. WOW!

what if that was the landowner, club member checking trails, opp, ofsc on a tour check. YOU DONT KNOW WHO IS UNDER THAT HELMET.

people in glass houses....

Ski

Isn't roosting walkers an aggressive act? I believe it is. Ski bunny or whatever his name is videos his agressive acts towards others. I had every right to be on the trail, the sledder did not. This is the Internet, not a court of law. Cheers.

3 hours ago, GMifty said:

That's funny. I was out on the trail today. I heard a sled approaching at a high rate of speed and there was a slight curve so they hadn't seen me yet. I waited until just the right time and stepped out. You should have seen the look on this dudes face. His eyes were as wide as saucers! He locked it up and almost hit a tree. I was laughing my ass off. I continued on my way. He tried turning his rig around and promptly got stuck. I could hear him yelling a mile away. Cheers.

What if he didnt get stuck and  caught up with you and kicked your F&%#in ass up and down the trail,we wouldnt be able to see your great responses here

12 minutes ago, GMifty said:

Isn't roosting walkers an aggressive act? I believe it is. Ski bunny or whatever his name is videos his agressive acts towards others. I had every right to be on the trail, the sledder did not. This is the Internet, not a court of law. Cheers.

spin it anyway you want, so you can sleep at night but, you did this... and did not have to. you made a conscious choice to attempt to harm another individual. you could have taken this opportunity to educate this person on this closed trail but, you went all vigilante and took matters into your own hands.

this could have turned out REALLY BAD FOR ONE, OR BOTH OF YOU, AND YOU DONT SEEM TO GET IT, OR CARE.  

and as far as court of law... your public postings are discoverable. and can be used against you, in a court of law.

maybe our forum isn't the place for you. Ski

33 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

What if he didnt get stuck and  caught up with you and kicked your F&%#in ass up and down the trail,we wouldnt be able to see your great responses here

Shame of it is, did not play out that way.

Pity. :-D

we know uts, we know he was being facetious, sarcastic ect... (note the, gave 2 handed signals comment, going back to the hand signal thread). 

you were being serious. there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

and with you trying to shift, spin blame to look at someone else... the group sees who you are.  

Ski

I always like when a good troll show up on the OC. :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, reevester said:

I always like when a good troll show up on the OC. :ph34r:

he's right you know.jpg

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

There was for many years the assumption that someone who knows how to drive a car knows how to operate a boat and a snowmobile. They now have a Pleasure Craft Operators Card. Perhaps it's time for a Snowmobile Operators Card.

If we can't get enforcement now how the h-ll are we going to check for Operators Cards. There will just be more sledders riding with no permits or operators cards.

We don't need to waste money on this stuff, WE ONLY NEED ENFORCEMENT!!!  The MTO should look to Quebec as they are an excellent example of how proper snowmobile enforcement works and get it done.

54 minutes ago, GMifty said:

No spin here. How come no one is condemning skibunny for his agressive acts. Maybe he doesn't belong here either and he's a mod. 

I personally took it as he was just throwing a sarcastic remark.  

There is no shifting of blame. i guess it would have been perfectly ok for the sledder to scare the crap out of me and then roost me as he went by. Then he could come on here and brag about the walker he roosted. You guys are complaining about poor riding behaviour but when one of your buddies do it its ok and he's just being sarcastic. I don't believe he's being sarcastic. And then some other fine upstanding members hoped that I would be violently assaulted on the trail. Do you guys stick around after you roost walkers? I'm willing to bet no. My sledding buddy who had the crap scared out of and I believe he crapped his pants had every opportunity to come back and find me if he wanted to. I was on foot and not going very fast. 

This is the major problem: You and your buddies are out riding and the a-ho in the group and there is ALWAYS an a-ho does something reckless or dangerous. Not one of his buddies bothers to correct him and his bad actions because they are AFRAID that if they say something and not look cool to the group. We people are finally fed up with the a-ho behaviour things might change. 

I'm not here to troll you. I've been around a while and I finally decided it was time for me to call out assholish behaviour. Cheers.

10 minutes ago, GMifty said:

There is no shifting of blame. i guess it would have been perfectly ok for the sledder to scare the crap out of me and then roost me as he went by. Then he could come on here and brag about the walker he roosted. You guys are complaining about poor riding behaviour but when one of your buddies do it its ok and he's just being sarcastic. I don't believe he's being sarcastic. And then some other fine upstanding members hoped that I would be violently assaulted on the trail. Do you guys stick around after you roost walkers? I'm willing to bet no. My sledding buddy who had the crap scared out of and I believe he crapped his pants had every opportunity to come back and find me if he wanted to. I was on foot and not going very fast. 

This is the major problem: You and your buddies are out riding and the a-ho in the group and there is ALWAYS an a-ho does something reckless or dangerous. Not one of his buddies bothers to correct him and his bad actions because they are AFRAID that if they say something and not look cool to the group. We people are finally fed up with the a-ho behaviour things might change. 

I'm not here to troll you. I've been around a while and I finally decided it was time for me to call out assholish behaviour. Cheers.

If you don't like the people or our actions on this forum, you are more than welcome to go and try Freedom Sledder or Sled Mulisha I believe you might fit into those forums rather well.

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

If you don't like the people or our actions on this forum, you are more than welcome to go and try Freedom Sledder or Sled Mulisha I believe you might fit into those forums rather well.

Umm ya no. He'd be eaten alive at FS lol

7 minutes ago, GMifty said:

Glad you decided to join in. I think people do make comments to their buddies if the see something they don't like. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If that guy on a sled was riding somewhere that is not an OFSC trail then there is no speed limit. Should he have been there? I don't know because I do not know where it was. What you did was worse then what the guy on the sled did from what I have read. You had intention to do harm. IMO

Archived