SLOW THE F*%K DOWN

sledzz

You are welcome to your opinion. My actions are exactly the same as ski bunny roosting walkers. Isn't he trying to do harm also? Now there are other forums members "wishing tourists fell through the ice" on other threads. I'm sure he was being sarcastic too. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, shawnj said:

What if they impliment a one time sit in/ seminar , like they've done for turkey hunting.     Say have in place by year 2020 that anyone, yes all of us too, has to have taken part in a one day seminar.  Topics could be safety, rules, courtesy and respect on the trails,  respecting landowners and informing of potential damge caused when not obeying the trail layed out.   Show what happens when a trail gets closed and having to run from trail to trail via roads.    The list could go on and could easily fill a day plus if put together properly.  To cover the costs assosiated with the seminar there would be a small fee to attend, remember this is a one time thing.   Once year 2020 comes around and if I go to purchase my seasonal permit and I have not attended my seminar then i would not be able to purchase my pass that year until ive  done so.   When we all completed the Turkey seminar , our outdoors card indicated this with the letter 'T' attached.   This could even be something tracked via the MTO and be madatory upon renewing our licence sticker.  Im sure there are several way's to go about it.   Im also sure sure there would be something learned for everyone and could be a fun and informative day with other sledders.  

I also brought this up to our club, yearly meeting for everybody wanting to ride trails, attend meetings then get your passes...during this meeting all topics should be covered..

4 hours ago, GMifty said:

Well... How about the dangerous situation the sledder put me in by riding on a trail that isn't an approved trail for sledding. How about the dangerous situation that could occur when a sledder roosts a walker. Anything could be in the snow and when you roost somebody now your slinging a projectile at someone who is out enjoying nature.  

When are sledders roosting walkers???   It was a joke!

Cant tell if you're joking because of how negative all your posts are...  

Just so we are all clear is this story about startling sledders real?

Who would do that???  Ridiculous

2 minutes ago, Canadoo said:

When are sledders roosting walkers???   It was a joke!

Cant tell if you're joking because of how negative all your posts are...  

Just so we are all clear is this story about startling sledders real?

Who would do that???  Ridiculous

Ski bunny is bragging about roosting sledders. Of course he says he joking. Who's roosting the walkers then. They must not be on this forum. Who would ride in a area they are not supposed to. Those sledders aren't here either. Must be that bill 100.

Honestly, how many of you guys, in this thread, drive the speed limit? I'll admit, 50km/hr is quite boring. Is it safer than 100? Of course it is. Can anything happen at any speed out there? You bet! In the south it's all farm fields and there's plenty of fields where 160km is easily attainable. I usually cruise between 80-100km/hr in those fields, that I know very well, and being comfortable while doing it. Through the tree sections you can only go so fast anyways like 30-50km/hr. any faster and your just asking to kiss a tree, depending on the trail. 

Ya I like going fast, but there's a time and place for it...

9 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Honestly, how many of you guys, in this thread, drive the speed limit? I'll admit, 50km/hr is quite boring. Is it safer than 100? Of course it is. Can anything happen at any speed out there? You bet! In the south it's all farm fields and there's plenty of fields where 160km is easily attainable. I usually cruise between 80-100km/hr in those fields, that I know very well, and being comfortable while doing it. Through the tree sections you can only go so fast anyways like 30-50km/hr. any faster and your just asking to kiss a tree, depending on the trail. 

Ya I like going fast, but there's a time and place for it...

X2 completely I totally agree with you.

1 hour ago, GMifty said:

Ski bunny is bragging about roosting sledders. Of course he says he joking. Who's roosting the walkers then. They must not be on this forum. Who would ride in a area they are not supposed to. Those sledders aren't here either. Must be that bill 100.

So it's now pretty obvious youre just a troll.  No sledders would say these things. 

What's your angle bud?

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

I also brought this up to our club, yearly meeting for everybody wanting to ride trails, attend meetings then get your passes...during this meeting all topics should be covered..

I'd be ok with this idea. Plus you could probably recruit some new volunteers at the same time. One hour of my time on a weekend in October or Nov would be fine by me. Plus everyone can updated on trail closures/situations, check out the groomer etc....... 

X3 on what Baylaker said above.Summed it up perfect. 

:coffeenose: 

5 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

I'd be ok with this idea. Plus you could probably recruit some new volunteers at the same time. One hour of my time on a weekend in October or Nov would be fine by me. Plus everyone can updated on trail closures/situations, check out the groomer etc....... 

X3 on what Baylaker said above.Summed it up perfect. 

:coffeenose: 

If you don't attend, you don't ride. This is also the perfect time to stress the importance of on trail riding and which is the main reason I brought it up to the club. Mandatory meeting, and the only place to get your pass.

Great idea on the sit in seminar but what about out of province riders?  I'm totally for it but there a lot of people who travel to ride here be it Quebec Manitoba states.

or would this be a resident only thing which might be the smart thing to do since most of the problems seem to be residents?

Gmifty this isnt going very well. Its called gallows humour. Relax. Everyone on here is respectful. Have you been drinking Sir??:woot:

7 minutes ago, gobills said:

Great idea on the sit in seminar but what about out of province riders?  I'm totally for it but there a lot of people who travel to ride here be it Quebec Manitoba states.

or would this be a resident only thing which might be the smart thing to do since most of the problems seem to be residents?

Ya just Ontario folks. It would be way too much work trying to get out of province residents involved. It'll still be a challenge getting all the clubs on board to set a program up and get it in place. 

9 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Ya just Ontario folks. It would be way too much work trying to get out of province residents involved. It'll still be a challenge getting all the clubs on board to set a program up and get it in place. 

A good place to get the most bang for the buck would be to do large seminars at the snowmobile show.  More than enough room to do 1000 or more people at a time there.  All districts are represented there.

7 hours ago, gobills said:

A good place to get the most bang for the buck would be to do large seminars at the snowmobile show.  More than enough room to do 1000 or more people at a time there.  All districts are represented there.

Best idea yet. Give out keychains or something to get people in - short presentation on how the trail system evolved, how it works now, volunteerism, some farming background (I didn't know what winter wheat was before it came up in the forum) safe riding, etc.  You don't get your maps until you've seen the presentation.

Dare I suggest that those sledding magazines and shows, tourist writers, other 'experts' give something back in terms of leadership in this pursuit?

Maybe start with challenging the Lesters and the Kehoes to outdo each other in this regard - they've been making a pretty good living on the backs of volunteer labour.

9 hours ago, gobills said:

Yes very good idea, but not everybody goes to the show. For the guys that go to the show, yes do it while they're there. But each club should host a meeting with a backup meeting for people in those areas.

12 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I think if this would be implemented it would cut the OFSC permit sales in half.  Just another nail in the coffin of the troubled trail system.

2 minutes ago, Guy JR said:

I think if this would be implemented it would cut the OFSC permit sales in half.  Just another nail in the coffin of the troubled trail system.

It might, but the guys who don't care about the trail system, safety, landowners etc will stay away from the meetings anyways. So no loss there...

For this to be properly implemented all sledders should report to the retraining camps on April 1 2017 to complete the reeducation process in order to obtain there 2018 trail pass

4 minutes ago, GMifty said:

Only when I'm out riding. 

Good use of sarcasm and make sure you get there early on April 1 2017 they have only a limited number of key chains

educating the boneheads who do stupid crap will have no real impact since they do not give a crap to begin with.....theses dicks know what stay on trail, winter wheat planted, etc,  means..it would however possibly work for those first time permit buyers, educate them when their newbies...as for our buddy GMIFTY, think he is trying to save face abit..maybe the truth of his  initial story was stretched a bit thinking it was funny and is a little surprised of the backlash... if thats not the case I am a mental health professional.

3 hours ago, Diceman said:

educating the boneheads who do stupid crap will have no real impact since they do not give a crap to begin with.....theses dicks know what stay on trail, winter wheat planted, etc,  means..it would however possibly work for those first time permit buyers, educate them when their newbies...as for our buddy GMIFTY, think he is trying to save face abit..maybe the truth of his  initial story was stretched a bit thinking it was funny and is a little surprised of the backlash... if thats not the case I am a mental health professional.

I agree, but maybe, just maybe some of it will sink in...

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

I agree, but maybe, just maybe some of it will sink in...

You have to weight the costs to the benefit.  This seems like it would be way too big of a cost for a "maybe, just maybe".  Like many have said before, there are people who know what is right and wrong.  They just dont care.

Archived