Used sled prices are insane!

rippintheyammi

OK, may be a bit off topic, but any idea what a '13 GSX600SE (15000km) might be worth? It's part of a "package" I'd need to buy to bet the trailer I want...

29 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

OK, may be a bit off topic, but any idea what a '13 GSX600SE (15000km) might be worth? It's part of a "package" I'd need to buy to bet the trailer I want...

Assuming it is in very good condition, you should be able to get in the mid-8K range at the very least...maybe more, given the apparent trends in the used sled market.

We sold the identical sled a year ago (which was a 2012) to a friend for low $8K, with about 13,000 kms on it.  Served my wife very well for 3 seasons. If you can swing it, you might even want to think about keeping it as an extra sled...with the long-track, rear air suspension, heated seat, adjustable bars and awesome fuel economy of the 600 E-TEC, it makes an excellent touring sled. 

27 minutes ago, FreezerBurnt said:

Sounds like it needs a new axle bearing lol 

47 minutes ago, FreezerBurnt said:

Wow! That's what I sold my 07 Jag Z1 for last year and at the time it was a fair price for both of us I thought 

2 hours ago, reevester said:

Sounds like it needs a new axle bearing lol 

Yup clear sign of a bearing shot on the axle on this vintage is the speedo not working

:D what a great deal just a touch of elbow grease lol

Good topic!  I just recently sold our 02 arctic cat panther 570fan with 2800 miles for 2500.  I checked kijiji to gauge what I should list it for.  The only other identical sled had double the mileage and was listed for 3800.  Ours sold within days, but I was surprised at how many people simply emailed me offers w/o even seeing the sled.  I emailed a few back suggesting they see the sled first....  no response though.   

Then onto my new sled I just ordered, 2016 Lynx 2000 LT  (I know, fan cooled... whole other discussion lol).  Since I ordered it 3 weeks ago, I have seen 2 used ones (same year) listed for more than I paid new.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one....

Cheers,

Wimpy  

It's likely not hard to figure out Wimpy. You are getting a non current sled that is already discounted for non current compared to new and there is likely a factory rebate calculated in to what you're paying. 

The used 2016's were bought during that current model year and the people likely paid full or close to full price. They are trying to recover as much of what they paid as they can.

When we bought our 2015 sleds it was end of season, it costs dealers money to carry inventory over the summer so he was motivated rather than hold it until next fall. There was also a very significant rebate. Weeks later the same sled was about $2000 more on the dealer website. The rebate had ended.

congrats on the new sled.... Snowy trails everyone 

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

It's likely not hard to figure out Wimpy. You are getting a non current sled that is already discounted for non current compared to new and there is likely a factory rebate calculated in to what you're paying. 

The used 2016's were bought during that current model year and the people likely paid full or close to full price. They are trying to recover as much of what they paid as they can.

When we bought our 2015 sleds it was end of season, it costs dealers money to carry inventory over the summer so he was motivated rather than hold it until next fall. There was also a very significant rebate. Weeks later the same sled was about $2000 more on the dealer website. The rebate had ended.

Thanks 02,

I totally get what you're saying about the non current and the rebate, it makes complete sense...  And if I paid full price I'd want to recoup some of that as well.  I guess it is probably not a good time to sell a used 16,  when the dealers have the new non current at the discounted price. 

You could try Peterborough Cycle salvage

22 hours ago, 02Sled said:

And now they are $4000. less.....

Seems to me the 600 sport Doos are the biggest value in the sled world at the moment. But you should buy a wack of tickets from the French river club for there draw. The raffle off a 600 renagade sport and your supporting a great cause. I wAs on the train of buying a couple sleds cheap in the spring maybe do some spruce ups and sell them in the winter to make some cake. That's how I went from a 01 to 05 to 09 to 2015 took a few years but it paid off. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been surfing Kijiji looking at used sleds just for fun in my spare time. I seem to do this every year. I have never seen used sled prices as high as they are this year.

I think part of it may be sleds with newer technology and higher retail prices to start off with.

I wouldn't want to still have a sled for sale if by the first week of January we aren't on the trails!

it is waiting and picking up the deals when Kijiji shopping

I have been looking for a primary clutch for my sled

most guys want $250-350 for a used clutch with 3000-4000miles on it

I was surfing at 10 at night on Saturday and found a NEW clutch for $200 uncalibrated but I have all that stuff and now I am ready for winter :D and the best party is the guy lives 5minutes from my place

Sleds work out to be the same, if you are patient the deals do pop up

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a 2008 GTX-550f, with 7450 km's on it, for $3000.  It's in amazing condition ... very well maintained! Found it on Kijiji. Looking at comparables, it's actually worth $4000+. If you're patient and look, you can find a great deal!

Archived