This weekend Jan 28 - 31

sledjunk

Still chasing snow!!!

Tomorrow morning, OF7 and I are heading to Mattawa to meet up with Re-Leaf and GF.  We are staying until Sunday.

Anyone wishing to join us is welcome.  We will be staying at Valois.

Hope to see some others there.

R u riding Sunday?

I'm going to Sudbury tomorrow, Chateau Guay.  I think Friday we'll ride around Wanapitae and stop at the Sportsman for lunch.  Saturday we'll try to head to Timmins, Sunday and Monday will be dependent on the ride Saturday.

We will be at our camp in Deux Rivieres until Sunday evening. Riding the area starting tomorrow. Hope to see some OC'ers out on the trails.

We are booked, arriving Saturday night, will be around Sunday for a ride and heading home Sunday afternoon. See you guys up there...

bill,carter,lily & I are heading to brothers cabin for wk-end,starting fri.maybe sat we'll meet up for lunch somewhere

bill,carter,lily & I are heading to brothers cabin for wk-end,starting fri.maybe sat we'll meet up for lunch somewhere

I will be in the Kearney Dorset Dwight corrider all day Friday if you guys head south, if you are make sure you take the D trail.

We will be at our camp in Deux Rivieres until Sunday evening. Riding the area starting tomorrow. Hope to see some OC'ers out on the trails.

Is there a repeater that we can both hit, you from camp and me from Valois?  If so, what frequency and offset?  Hope to meet up.

Is there a repeater that we can both hit, you from camp and me from Valois?  If so, what frequency and offset?  Hope to meet u

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!!!

Hey guys heading oh to the south river area this weekend, either riding towards North Bay, I see nipissing is yellow on the map, is it staked? Might head up towards mattawa deep river area, not sure how the trails are holding up there. Anyone have any recommendations to stay around mattawa / deep river, or somewhere in that area.

Hey guys heading oh to the south river area this weekend, either riding towards North Bay, I see nipissing is yellow on the map, is it staked? Might head up towards mattawa deep river area, not sure how the trails are holding up there. Anyone have any recommendations to stay around mattawa / deep river, or somewhere in that area.

We really like the Valois motel in Mattawa, have always treated us well.

Discovered Mattawa Golf and Ski about 10 years ago and it has been a great sledding home base, or touring 'one night stand'. Its right on the A trail east of Mattawa. Owners Mike and Brenda go out of their way to help you have the best sledding visit possible. Serving food from 8 AM (or maybe earlier, but that is my start time) until 7 or 8 PM. Lodging is at one of four well equipped two-bedroom cabins, or at the big cottage if you have a larger group. Not fancy, but not too rustic either. Lots of parking for trucks and trailers if sledding out from there. Sled on groomed trail right to the door!

I am amazed how that area always has the longest season south of the Northern Corridor, many years starting before the Corridor. 

Have also stayed at the Valois in Mattawa, and other acceptable spots in Stonecliffe and Petawawa, but golfnski.com is my favourite.

Rick 

I will be in the Kearney Dorset Dwight corrider all day Friday if you guys head south, if you are make sure you take the D trail.

hitting the trail by noon & heading your way...txt u fri morning

Sundridge has lots of snow. Conditions will be very good for you on Friday.

We had a great drive up hwy 11 today towards North Bay. We noticed fresh snow starting around the Emsdale visitors centre all the way up to North Bay. Mattawa area had about 5cm of snow last night and the trails are in very good condition.

post-22483-0-58432100-1453949882_thumb.jpegpost-22483-0-88988800-1453949969_thumb.jpeg

Staying at Valois' in Mattawa.

Nipissing was staked last weekend - so assume still is.  I was riding up there last Friday-Sunday.

Heading to Stoneciffe tonight for a couple days.  Will be a Solo black Apex out there riding double.  Its actually not all that uncomfortable either, maybe will see some of you out there.  Be easier for you's to spot the single Black Apex doubled up I bet.

Will be starting in south river heading to mattawa Saturday, maybe ride around the area and plan on headig back to south river Sunday. Will be on a blue and white yamaha viper with a black skidoo xrs.

Will be starting in south river heading to mattawa Saturday, maybe ride around the area and plan on headig back to south river Sunday. Will be on a blue and white yamaha viper with a black skidoo xrs.

sat morning we will be leaving bottom of Bernard lk heading mattawa way,we are 2 black & blue Polaris & 1 black Polaris with counter weight sporting pink...

Counterweight is Commander of the Fleet.

Heading to Stoneciffe tonight for a couple days.  Will be a Solo black Apex out there riding double.  Its actually not all that uncomfortable either, maybe will see some of you out there.  Be easier for you's to spot the single Black Apex doubled up I bet.

I think you went by us on A near Deux Rivieres.  Two Apex's and my Vector with the lights flashing (see avatar) parked on the side of the trail facing Mattawa and you were going in opposite direction.

I think you went by us on A near Deux Rivieres.  Two Apex's and my Vector with the lights flashing (see avatar) parked on the side of the trail facing Mattawa and you were going in opposite direction.

Yup, think you are right.  I thought after we got by that the lights were flashing on the one sled, I then remembered seeing you're profile pic, thats cool, not sure how the heck they do that, must be one hell of a short eh, LOL

Heading East around Deep River tomorrow.  

Good meeting you guys. How was your return ride? 

Good meeting you guys. How was your return ride?

It was nice meeting you and sled junk! The return ride was brutal, just on our way home now, made it back to South River by 6:30. The A112A was beautiful all the way up to that mine (what was the name of that again?) after that trails were terrible, really rough and then we ran into all the logging sections where they plowed it to dirt, the hydro lines were also a mess from hydro plowing them. It rained pretty much the whole day, stopped for a couple hours that was about it. The D trail near north bay, has a few big washouts with a foot of water in them. Rode the 700 to powassan for dinner at kudos, few washouts on them trails also. It was a work out in the trails with how rough they were and rocks visible everywhere, had to take our time and steer around all those. Didn't meet very many sleds today, did run into a group just as we were leaving kudos, one of the guys had run out of gas a ways back down the trail, they were on there way to North Bay. All in all we sure were happy to see the truck! All the rain has really done a number on the trails, and it is still raining steady! We may have to change plans and look at going further North for family day weekend.

Archived