Weekend of Feb 5-6-7

Nunz

Sounds like a great plan, and I hope you are able to spend the day with us Friday.. So get coughing buddy!!

I was thinking that a good day to Hornepayne could include the ride there, fuel up, lunch, do ALL the local loops, re-fuel, and head back to Hearst for bbq at my place. That's a day that I could do alone anytime, or with the wife sometime.... This could be the Saturday plan maybe, as some of us have a real job ... might be fun to do as a group ..... thoughts ?

I'm thinking I MIGHT be feeling a bit ill that Friday though ... cough cough ... might have to call in sick .... :cheers:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with a nice unhealthy lunch, maybe a butter tart for dessert lol..

There are really only 2 options in Hornepayne I would consider the hospital with is good for soup/sandwich and whatever else in on the menu for that day (on the weekend, if anyone is passing through during the week they do an excellent salad bar Monday-Friday) but is good, and Cindy's Chip stand which is basically burger/fries/other deep fried food. Cindy's is alright, I find it a little overpriced, but there are not a lot of options. You could not pay me to eat at Uncle's if it is even open for awhile they were closed on weekends, may be closed Sunday, Monday now, not sure. I will keep an eye on the thread and if you are heading in this direction try to hook up for a bit of a ride. if we meet for lunch here in Hornepayne I may ride up to the cutoff and meet the Hearst crew in the morning at the warmup shack at 11/631 and ride as far as the Kaby river with the Dub crew after lunch.

I was thinking that a good day to Hornepayne could include the ride there, fuel up, lunch, do ALL the local loops, re-fuel, and head back to Hearst for bbq at my place.  That's a day that I could do alone anytime, or with the wife sometime.... This could be the Saturday plan maybe, as some of us have a real job ... might be fun to do as a group ..... thoughts ?

I'm thinking I MIGHT be feeling a bit ill that Friday though ... cough cough ... might have to call in sick ....  :cheers:

I like the sound of this plan as well...look forward to meeting both Denis and ski, after all these years.   

it will be a 200 mile day for you hearst to horne and back, without the extra loops. unsure if the alsaka loop will open (I am sure matt can tell us), there was a bridge out, last I heard. then the bobcat and or Chelsea loops, would add considerable amount of miles to the 200 mile day... food for thought. Ski

it will be a 200 mile day for you hearst to horne and back, without the extra loops. unsure if the alsaka loop will open (I am sure matt can tell us), there was a bridge out, last I heard. then the bobcat and or Chelsea loops, would add considerable amount of miles to the 200 mile day... food for thought. Ski

I did the round trip twice last year ... first time alone and 2nd time with Doris26, our last ride. My loner trip I was home by 12:30 pm... nice morning ride. I'm good for another 100+ km on those trails no sweat. Don't know about the folks from "down South" though ... :D

We can move BBQ day to Friday to accommodate IQTURBO ... may even be better that way .... nice evening loop around Hearst before a drink at the Companion .... thoughts? Lots of time left but nice to have a plan ...

I'm ok with a nice unhealthy lunch, maybe a butter tart for dessert lol..

My "smart ass wife" found a sticker of a butter tart. Apparently kids like to collect stickers of just about anything. She said I could put it on my sled preceded by "in search of" Not going to happen

Not going to happen

Wanna bet?  :roll:

We can move BBQ day to Friday to accommodate IQTURBO ... may even be better that way .... nice evening loop around Hearst before a drink at the Companion .... thoughts? Lots of time left but nice to have a plan ...

Just made the hotel reservations for us at the Companion, wont be arriving till after midnight on the Thursday night, however will be ready for a ride in the morning after some sleep and breaky... We will be on the 2nd floor...

Wanna bet?  :roll:

If it does I know who will be behind it and make sure that there is one on that persons Yamaha sled as well.

Just made the hotel reservations for us at the Companion, wont be arriving till after midnight on the Thursday night, however will be ready for a ride in the morning after some sleep and breaky... We will be on the 2nd floor...

Made a plan yet for the days ride Friday ?

Made a plan yet for the days ride Friday ?

I am leaving that to you Denis, we are pretty open to ideas for where to go...

See ya in 3 weeks!!

going to try to talk bill & glenn to ride from Elliot lk to hearst to Cochrane to timmins & back to Elliot lk...whew...about 2200 km & 6 days on sled..get to stay at halfway....ride c101d...bit of a pipe dream but gotta do it soon before I can't

try to plan sat nite in hearst

bill said he's in...fire 242 ?

Is uncles still open in hornpayne ??

Is uncles still open in hornpayne ??

see post 23 of this very thread. local person wont eat there. Ski

We stayed there a couple of years ago.. Never again

Sounds like a great plan, and I hope you are able to spend the day with us Friday.. So get coughing buddy!!

Done... 3 day weekend all set !

Done... 3 day weekend all set !

Perfecto!!!!

Party time!!!

I stopped in twice there with chandos Rob last march. Food was good and fairly fast service. The place was clean and tidy. The cabins appear to be run down from outside and even the owner said he had plans to maybe replace a

few of them. They were open none the less. Please support them, since we don't need any more places to vanish!!

Went by today while taking dog for a walk. sign in the door said closed until May.

That is too bad. They did have a slow winter last year, do to the d and f trails being closed. Everyone seems to turn around at Hearst for the most part.

So Hornepayne Friday with BBQ evening at my place. Saturday maybe do a couple of local loops ... refuel and do a run to Kap & back? There's the Missinaibi Expedition Tour loop at 160 km too ... man y'all need another day in there somewhere. ... lol

We are interested, but would most likely trailer to Cochrane Thursday night, ride friday over to Hearst, and then back to Cochrane on Saturday, then home on sunday. All depends on trail and weather conditions. But we are planning to be in the Northern Corridor Du Nord that weekend..

So maybe you can ride around Hearst with us before heading back to Cochrane. .. maybe we'll ride to Kap with you on your return ride to Cochrane.

Don't want to over plan, but it'll be nice to see how trails develop as the days count down. ...

I gots ta be seein ifin I can be gittin some time off.

if I can get Friday off, and we can make it up Thursday night... maybe we can meet yous in hornepayne, ride up with you to hearst, for the bbq, stay at the companion overnight, and head back to the dub on Saturday, so we can drive home sunday.

I will see what we can doo. Ski

I gots ta be seein ifin I can be gittin some time off.

if I can get Friday off, and we can make it up Thursday night... maybe we can meet yous in hornepayne, ride up with you to hearst, for the bbq, stay at the companion overnight, and head back to the dub on Saturday, so we can drive home sunday.

I will see what we can doo. Ski

That'd be awesome! !!!

Archived