Weekend of Feb 5-6-7

Nunz

Hi all!!

We are planning on heading to the great white north for the weekend of February 5-6-7, We will be heading north on the Thursday afternoon.

Might be nice if we can plan an OC get together and ride.

Pretty open to ideas, would like to meet up with Denis007 for sure and Luc if we can make to him, maybe a 3 night saddlebag trip?

Whoever is interested let me know and we can start making plans and hotel reservations soon.

Nunz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!!

We are planning on heading to the great white north for the weekend of February 5-6-7, We will be heading north on the Thursday afternoon.

Pretty open to ideas, would like to meet up with Denis007 for sure and Luc if we can make to him, maybe a 3 night saddlebag trip?

Whoever is interested let me know and we can start making plans and hotel reservations soon.

Nunz Hmmmmmmmmmm looks like someone is taking Saturday off work already. LOL

Hi all!!

Nunz Hmmmmmmmmmm looks like someone is taking Saturday off work already. LOL

Lol...Other than our weeks holiday to Quebec in Feb with you that's probally all the Saturday's I am getting off work this winter, maybe another in March...

If y'all are staying in Hearst maybe we can chip in for beer and steaks (and some Sledjunk special fluids), fire up the BBQ and woodstove in the garage and have an evening at our place .... change of scenery from restaurant food for you guys ... we BBQ all winter anyway ....

have to check with da mrs... if she is not working that weekend, we will try to make it. Ski

how far north? I may be in

I am thinking Kap or Hearst, would prefer Kap for one night, then Hearst for one night then head back to Kap Sunday morning, that way we could meet up with Denis and still ride to Luc..

Just a thought at this point

I am interested. 

I understand that there are a lot of really nice trails around Hearst.  I have never had the chance to ride other than routes in and out.  I would be willing to drive the extra hour and stay in Hearst, but either way is good for me.

I am interested. 

I understand that there are a lot of really nice trails around Hearst.  I have never had the chance to ride other than routes in and out.  I would be willing to drive the extra hour and stay in Hearst, but either way is good for me.

I like that idea a lot, and Denis idea of a visit at his place and fire... We are fine with the extra little drive as well. Let's staple this down in the next couple of days then start making reservations, I am thinking the Companion in Hearst would be ideal, Denis is that close to you?

Should be a great fun weekend...

Nunz

4 blocks over and 2 blocks down. Half of it is trail. Love to have you over ... BBQ, campfire, garage, wobbly pop and some riding buddies ... priceless!!!

That's the dates we are doing the RAP.

Good luck we are going for feb 8-11

Hi all,

We are thinking that we base out of Hearst for the Thursday through Saturday night and head home Sunday morning. I have called the Companion Hotel and there is lots of rooms but she did mention that once the trails start opening rooms will get booked up quickly.

We can then ride all the local trails for the weekend, As much as we would like to stay in Dubreuvile we don't really want to saddlebag for the weekend. Plus hoping Denis will show some of the area trails.

I will be making our reservations tomorrow and looking forward to a great weekend of riding and laughs..

Nunz

Hi all,

We are thinking that we base out of Hearst for the Thursday through Saturday night and head home Sunday morning. I have called the Companion Hotel and there is lots of rooms but she did mention that once the trails start opening rooms will get booked up quickly.

We can then ride all the local trails for the weekend, As much as we would like to stay in Dubreuvile we don't really want to saddlebag for the weekend. Plus hoping Denis will show some of the area trails.

I will be making our reservations tomorrow and looking forward to a great weekend of riding and laughs..

Nunz

Thanks for the update, Nunz.  Just so I'm clear, you're suggesting no trip to Dub, but rather, stay all 3 nights in Hearst and ride locally on the loops in the Northern Corridor?

hearst to dub and back is a 400 mile day. be tough to make that without an over night. you don't nee much... change of underwear and a tooth brush. bunch of Nancyboys always talkin they are going somewhere, to meet someone. LOL!!!! yeah, yeah, I know. i let Luc know about this, trying to get him on board. take your first day, ride to dub, over night. second night the Dub crew rides up with you guys to hearst. the remainder of your time, you can ride around hearst.

Ski 

Thanks for the update, Nunz.  Just so I'm clear, you're suggesting no trip to Dub, but rather, stay all 3 nights in Hearst and ride locally on the loops in the Northern Corridor?

That's correct sir, spoke with Sledjunk and he likes that idea as well, Maybe if we wanted to meet the Dub crew in the middle say at Hornepayne for lunch that might be an option, would be nice to explore some local trails for a change.

Just my thought, Mrs Nunz will also be along and is hoping some of the ladies will be joining us for the weekend's ride.

Ski hope we can work something out and meet up with you guys...

That's correct sir, spoke with Sledjunk and he likes that idea as well, Maybe if we wanted to meet the Dub crew in the middle say at Hornepayne for lunch that might be an option, would be nice to explore some local trails for a change.

Just my thought, Mrs Nunz will also be along and is hoping some of the ladies will be joining us for the weekend's ride.

Ski hope we can work something out and meet up with you guys...

Hey Nunz, hubby is going to be out of commission then.  I just might have to abandon him to be company with Mrs. Nunz.  Or maybe I could convince him to sit back and relax while we play.  LOL

Hey Nunz, hubby is going to be out of commission then.  I just might have to abandon him to be company with Mrs. Nunz.  Or maybe I could convince him to sit back and relax while we play.  LOL

Sounds like a good plan, bring him along for moral support, just make sure he is ready to chase my snow flap 2 weeks later....lololololol

Hi all,

We are thinking that we base out of Hearst for the Thursday through Saturday night and head

home Sunday morning. I have called the

Companion Hotel and there is lots of rooms but

she did mention that once the trails start

opening rooms will get booked up quickly.

We can then ride all the local trails for the weekend, As much as we would like to stay in Dubreuvile we don't really want to saddlebag for the weekend. Plus hoping Denis will show some

of the area trails.

Nunz

If dub is open go! It is one amazing ride. You will regret not going there and back. Stay the night there and come back. Awesome run.

If dub is open go! It is one amazing ride. You will regret not going there and back. Stay the night there and come back. Awesome run.

I've been there a couple of years ago, not looking for a saddlebag weekend this time. Will go back again at some point.

need to get Matt17 to tell us, where there is a good place to eat at hornepayne. haven't been there regularly in years, I have lost track of what is still open, what is good, and what to avoid. would be great to meet everyone. of course my wife will be draggin my butt around so, there will be another lady rider in the group. :D Ski

There are really only 2 options in Hornepayne I would consider the hospital with is good for soup/sandwich and whatever else in on the menu for that day (on the weekend, if anyone is passing through during the week they do an excellent salad bar Monday-Friday) but is good, and Cindy's Chip stand which is basically burger/fries/other deep fried food. Cindy's is alright, I find it a little overpriced, but there are not a lot of options.  You could not pay me to eat at Uncle's if it is even open for awhile they were closed on weekends, may be closed Sunday, Monday now, not sure.  I will keep an eye on the thread and if you are heading in this direction try to hook up for a bit of a ride.  if we meet for lunch here in Hornepayne I may ride up to the cutoff and meet the Hearst crew in the morning at the warmup shack at 11/631 and ride as far as the Kaby river with the Dub crew after lunch.  

I was thinking that a good day to Hornepayne could include the ride there, fuel up, lunch, do ALL the local loops, re-fuel, and head back to Hearst for bbq at my place.  That's a day that I could do alone anytime, or with the wife sometime.... This could be the Saturday plan maybe, as some of us have a real job ... might be fun to do as a group ..... thoughts ?

I'm thinking I MIGHT be feeling a bit ill that Friday though ... cough cough ... might have to call in sick ....  :cheers:

We are interested, but would most likely trailer to Cochrane Thursday night, ride friday over to Hearst, and then back to Cochrane on Saturday, then home on sunday. All depends on trail and weather conditions. But we are planning to be in the Northern Corridor Du Nord that weekend..

Archived