UPDATE - Sprucedale Hotel Re-opened

revrnd

That would be about right. The name didn't connect, but I do remember a new hotel going up in that area around then.

That medical marijuana seems to be working well for you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to our local Fire Prevention Officer, he initiated the shut down after routine inspection. No mention of a sale. He would not elaborate, but it would appear the violations were

significant. Immediate shut down was ordered,

no grace period to repair and comply.

That is a shame. There must of been a warning of some sort in the past. If not seems pretty harsh. Hope they can bring it back up to code for the sledding season, otherwise it may never reopen.

That is a shame. There must of been a warning of some sort in the past. If not seems pretty harsh. Hope they can bring it back up to code for the sledding season, otherwise it may never reopen.

I have this weird feeling of it not re opening. It was a real old beat down place, but great spot to meet ppl, have lunch or dinner. In an extremely busy and convenient spot in the trail system as well. A lot of people are going to show up and be disappointed this year.

1899 ...but I do remember a new hotel going up in that area around then.

That explains the corset. Or, as you call it, the "Housey's Rapids snowmobile kidney belt".

Cheers. 

That explains the corset. Or, as you call it, the "Housey's Rapids snowmobile kidney belt".

Cheers. 

Careful, Canuck...STG's liable to get his musket out and have it ready & waiting for your next visit... :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Horrible is being nice! I would sooner try and find a blown drive belt laying on the trail and chew it

Follow a Cat rider and bring the ketchup.

FYI, Sprucedale Hotel re-opened yesterday.  Had lunch there today.  Fire Marshall now happy.

That was fairly quick !

Follow a Cat rider and bring the ketchup.

Wouldn't it be abit stringy after being tenderized?

Wouldn't it be abit stringy after being tenderized?

I guess you're right. Instead of ketchup, use HP Sauce.

I think I'll just go across the road get better foo, actually hot and not have to wait an hour for bad cold food

I would go the 20 min down the trail to the Legion in Kearney and support a great group of people instead...

I would go the 20 min down the trail to the Legion in Kearney and support a great group of people instead...

How is the snow in the area so far?

Viperules700, on 25 Jan 2016 - 10:45 PM, said:Viperules700, on 25 Jan 2016 - 10:45 PM, said:

How is the snow in the area so far?

Both the Highland Rovers and Almaguin Club have everything groomed up. We did not get the squalls that a lot of other places  received the other week. We have probably just over a foot to a foot and half of snow on the ground. The trails are pretty good though considering what the guys have to work with.Almaguin was out late saturday grooming. Not sure if Highland rovers were out on saturday.The big swamp on the D trail is frozen and the groomer has been over it.Some washouts on the 302 but these washouts were dry.  I heard the d123 was rough with some washouts. We need more snow but will have to wait for Mother Nature!

Time for someone in the Parry Sound area to do the naked snow dance in the front yard. Can we count on you Bill. That way the rain can become snow

Time for someone in the Parry Sound area to do the naked snow dance in the front yard. Can we count on you Bill. That way the rain can become snow

My eyes. My eyes !! How will I ever get that vision from my mind??

Man, this sucks. We lost most of the snow in the south over last few days. Was above freezing in Kitchener last night. Not much rain, but the mild temps and ground isn't frozen under un packed snow.

Archived