Resume

hi-mileage

Posted Yesterday, 06:05 PM

I'm job hunting,and I have never got a job that was not word of mouth! I was looking for some help for how to go about doing my first resume.

Like where to find a standard plank copy,or if anybody here does them ?? Any help at all would be appreciated !!

Totally in the dark here.

What do you specialize in? I know lots of kids that go their resume' on the internet

Posted Yesterday, 06:05 PM

I'm job hunting,and I have never got a job that was not word of mouth! I was looking for some help for how to go about doing my first resume.

Like where to find a standard plank copy,or if anybody here does them ?? Any help at all would be appreciated !!

Totally in the dark here.

Good luck on the job search 

Microsoft Word has a bunch of templates for resume's that are pretty easy to work with.

Hope this helps.

Nunz

Good luck and keep it simple, list what education you have, what you have done in the past few years and what you are looking to do and why and what strengths you can bring to that job. Don't list why you want the job, but what you can do for the company/position. Good luck!

Please prey for me people,help from the Mouse. Hope he doesn't think that"resume" means, resume the position!!

Make sure someone checks your spelling. :-)  It is not so much what you did in previous positions, but 'transferable skills' that should be noted.

For instance, most people consider a cashier's job pretty low level - however, they are trusted with cash, they are the first line communication with customers and must have public relations skills, should have excellent knowledge of store inventory, have knowledge of company operations - etc.  

If you are trying to change career direction anticipate the skills needed in the next job and line up your previous skills learned.

Use action words - managed, directed, responsible for, entrusted with ...

Keep it to one page.

Bob,

I'll send you mine for reference.  Work with the mouse, he's good at this stuff.

Make sure someone checks your spelling. :-)  It is not so much what you did in previous positions, but 'transferable skills' that should be noted.

For instance, most people consider a cashier's job pretty low level - however, they are trusted with cash, they are the first line communication with customers and must have public relations skills, should have excellent knowledge of store inventory, have knowledge of company operations - etc.  

If you are trying to change career direction anticipate the skills needed in the next job and line up your previous skills learned.

Use action words - managed, directed, responsible for, entrusted with ...

Keep it to one page.

X2.  Consider trying to get a meeting with a prospective company; even if not actively hiring. Essentially creating a job description for yourself. Companies will truly attempt to hire someone with talent or skill. I have found this goes further then submitting a resume amongst several others.

All the best, 

Well with the help from you all,special thanks to TheSlowTouringGuy I have my first interview. Not bad,sent in Monday and called on Tuesday to go to Head Office. Pretty good for first resume!!

Will let u people know how the meeting goes.

Thanks

Well with the help from you all,special thanks to TheSlowTouringGuy I have my first interview. Not bad,sent in Monday and called on Tuesday to go to Head Office. Pretty good for first resume!!

Thanks

If you're stuck on how to answer a question, using examples of how you did this, or how you did that in previous positions can be helpful. Best of luck to you - still remember  your starring role on the Muskoka Lakes ride years ago. (not a good example to use :-) )

Thanks

good luck 

If you're stuck on how to answer a question, using examples of how you did this, or how you did that in previous positions can be helpful. Best of luck to you - still remember  your starring role on the Muskoka Lakes ride years ago. (not a good example to use :-) )

nice slomo real nice only thosewho try can fail 

I would skip that one 

If you're stuck on how to answer a question, using examples of how you did this, or how you did that in previous positions can be helpful.

Best of luck to you - still remember your starring role on the Muskoka Lakes ride years ago. (not a good example to use :-) )

At least it wasn't a cold day!

• 2 months later...

Just a little update.

Got the job on the first resume,has been going well.So far I like it.

Also have good and bad news,the bad is that they told us my dad has 3yrs to live. This came just after I had fulfilled a life long dream,I purchased a house in northern on. with the snowmobile trail going right beside the house. It has a attached garage and a 20x30 shop and is 1000 or so feet from Lk Nipps West Bay. I'm so happy about this deal,and so sad that I don't think my dad will be able to make a trip that far north.

Can not wait to be able to get dressed in the garage,jump on the sled,hit the garage door opener and pull right onto the trail .

Hope to see many of you folks stop in!!

Sorry to hear about your Dad.  Congratulations on your new house, though.

Sorry to hear about your dad, my FIL got diagnosed 2 yrs ago and recently was moved into Hospice care.. Cancer really sucks..

Congrats on your new place and we will definitely stop for a visit at some point this winter., great trails up there.

Just a little update.

Got the job on the first resume,has been going well.So far I like it.

Also have good and bad news,the bad is that they told us my dad has 3yrs to live. This came just after I had fulfilled a life long dream,I

purchased a house in northern on. with the

snowmobile trail going right beside the house. It

has a attached garage and a 20x30 shop and is

1000 or so feet from Lk Nipps West Bay. I'm so

happy about this deal,and so sad that I don't

think my dad will be able to make a trip that far

north.

Can not wait to be able to get dressed in the garage,jump on the sled,hit the garage door opener and pull right onto the trail .

Hope to see many of you folks stop in!!

Sorry to hear about your dad. Life can be tough at times.

At least now you will have a great spot to dry out your sled! Sorry had to do it!

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Congrats on the house. Wish we could move north

perhaps someday but not today

congrats on the job, and the vacation home. sorry to hear about your father, I lost both my folks to the big C years ago. I am in the same boat with you, purchasing a second home in northern Ontario for sled, bike, and fishing access. wished my folks were alive to see what we have done. I was actually thinking that today, as I finished mowing the lawn at our home today. I really wished they could have saw, I do have a better, easier life, than they did. they told me time and again, that was what they were hoping for. well, they put me on the right track, and here we are, where they helped to get us to.

maybe we can have a tour the north sled trip this winter, and people can offer trades for staying the night at each others vacation homes. :D  trail right to our door too, food, lcbo, a few blocks away, fuel less than 200 feet. Ski

Archived