Blue Mountain

SlowTouringGuy

Factory outlet for Blue Mountain Pottery is in the area!

Time to stock up for various gifts - birthdays, Easter, Christmas etc. - in the upcoming year! 25% to 50% off, more discounts for "seconds". (just affix a tag saying "in recognition of Chinese 'Year of the Goat' " in case they don't recognize whatever the sculpture is)

post-19713-0-87920400-1420972320_thumb.j

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the SlowTouringGuy is not so slow after all. Reminds me of the story about the old bull and the young bull...

Is that like the story of the new rooster and the old rooster? Or the rooster and the buzzards? (f off...they're about to land!)

Is that like the story of the new rooster and the old rooster? Or the rooster and the buzzards? (f off...they're about to land!)

I think Blake's story ends with, "why don't we walk down there and......."

Check out the lodge at mountain springs resort, new restaurant, way better food and prices than the village - where truthfully the food isn't that good (especially for the price). Its at the north end of blue near the Toronto ski club, by lot 4. Cottage style food and dining. Live music some nights. https://m.facebook.com/lodgeatblue

Again, There is no local route from the trail to the village area or your condo, I dont know how else I can say it. You need to run the road, period. You would be trespassing and likely pissing off a lot of people. Nobody rides sleds on the roads around blue. Maybe if there is a big dump bwfoe they clear the roads. Sorry,but you are going to have to drag the sleds to the trailhead.

Fortunately, as you say, you don't know how else to say it. No sense in you posting on this topic again.

Why not ride down the hills? (only once)

riding down is easy... ride up it for a real challenge and dodge the skiers coming down

out on hwy 26 near Craiglieth there is a restaurant we used to enjoy. They always had great Schnitzel. It's called the Alphorn. People used to be lined up out the door at times. Not sure if it's still as good as it was. Haven't been there in a while.

riding down is easy... ride up it for a real challenge and dodge the skiers coming down

out on hwy 26 near Craiglieth there is a restaurant we used to enjoy. They always had great Schnitzel. It's called the Alphorn. People used to be lined up out the door at times. Not sure if it's still as good as it was. Haven't been there in a while.

Closed..ran out of Schnitzel!

If you had a DeLorean Snowmobile you could fuel your Flux Capacitor and you wouldn't need roads...

• 3 weeks later...

Wishing you successful sledding in the region, STG. 

As for Blue Mountain - never understood why the OFSC AGM is there 'every second or third year'

("they have space for us" is often quoted)

A community that won't accommodate snowmobiling shouldn't be on the short list for the September AGM.

As for Blue Mountain - never understood why the OFSC AGM is there 'every second or third year'

A community that won't accommodate snowmobiling shouldn't be on the short list for the September AGM.

True

the riding around the area is great, but there is no "trick". You cannot ride from blue unless you get a fresh snowfall the night before as you'll be riding the road. They will clear the roads first thing in the AM, every day.

Apsley is like that minus the resorts.

So.......there is an OFSC trail that takes you directly into the parking lot of Horseshoe Valley Ski Resort. Last year 5 of us had a beauty ride from here, looping through Horseshoe for a lunch stop and return home.

the lunch stop was "awkward". Especially with the extremely long noses down which the skiers looked. By the time we had finished our lunch and were walking back to our sleds feeling the stare in our backs we were, indeed, sorely tempted to make a quick run up the mountain and back down to the trailhead.

As much as that fuelled a fantasy, common sense prevailed and we were on our way.

still, I think (when feeling irresponsible) it would have been a blast.

I guess the long noses have vacated the premises when the sno x races are held there. Lots of sledders & flat brim types there each year for the CSRA finale.

Mississauga in 2016.... braap braap!

Blue Mountain is just one privately owned resort. I think the community does support us. I have been riding in the area and had a great time.

Not so sure that downtown Ottawa (last fall) or any of the other hotels in recent years could lay any better claim to supporting snowmobilers.

Change the dates and have it at one of the Pearson airport hotels in the days leading up to the Powersport show at the International Centre....

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree. Is it held at Blue Mountain or is it in Collingwood? It should not be at Blue based on their aversion to sleds.

But Collingwood has an active club and they've got lots of great trails in the area. I think they were Club of the Year not so long ago, we're they?

Blue Mountain is just one privately owned resort. I think the community does support us. I have been riding in the area and had a great time.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Not so sure that downtown Ottawa (last fall) or any of the other hotels in recent years could lay any better claim to supporting snowmobilers.

Change the dates and have it at one of the Pearson airport hotels in the days leading up to the Powersport show at the International Centre....

Blue mountain is a great venue for us 

Blue mountain is a great venue for us 

But they don't do crap for snowmobiling in Ontario, so why support them?

But they don't do crap for snowmobiling in Ontario, so why support them?

Mostly because anyone that is big enough to handle the convention in the "under one roof demanded formula does not either" Personally I really enjoyed Timmins,North Bay and the Soo but it involved busing and too many bitched about it . As clubs continue to fold under the new system we will fit in the smaller hotels again 

Mostly because anyone that is big enough to handle the convention in the "under one roof demanded formula does not either" Personally I really enjoyed Timmins,North Bay and the Soo but it involved busing and too many bitched about it . As clubs continue to fold under the new system we will fit in the smaller hotels again 

Yes that seems to be the case

Mostly because anyone that is big enough to handle the convention in the "under one roof demanded formula does not either"

Quite frankly, that is a "BS" reason to hold it at Blue. Blue is in the middle of the snow belt and does Sweet Fanny Adams for snowmobiling. In fact, it out right rejects it. If we need the "under one roof" scenario hold the damn thing in Downtown Toronto. Hold it places that support snowmobiling or hold it places, like Toronto, Mississauga, Ottawa, that don't even have trails. Doing so would be a lot less offensive then holding it at a place in snowmobile country that hates snowmobiles !

Quite frankly, that is a "BS" reason to hold it at Blue. Blue is in the middle of the snow belt and does Sweet Fanny Adams for snowmobiling. In fact, it out right rejects it. If we need the "under one roof" scenario hold the damn thing in Downtown Toronto. Hold it places that support snowmobiling or hold it places, like Toronto, Mississauga, Ottawa, that don't even have trails. Doing so would be a lot less offensive then holding it at a place in snowmobile country that hates snowmobiles !

Blue is cheaper . That being said the all under one roof scenario needs to pass the club held ones were great I also forgot to mention how great London/D5 was 

Bill you say: "As clubs continue to fold under the new system we will fit in the smaller hotels again "

Do you really believe the FFC has led us down the wrong path and status quo was preferable.

I do believe we are underpricing our a trail Permits and the $180 Early, Early Bird is taking $$$ off the snow but that does not mean FFC is at fault.

The cost of permits is a separate vote.

The AGM is too expensive for too many clubs and I hear they are cutting Saturday down this year to reduce cost.

Blue is cheaper .

And that's the only reason the OFSC turns its back on every place in D9 that supports sledding? Or any place in Ontario that supports sledding?? Who's getting sucked off in Barrie??

I'm sure holding a reunion at Auchwitz would be cheaper but I bet people with principles go elsewhere!

Archived