Sledding on Friday December 12, 2014?

Blake G

Anybody thinking of sledding tomorrow in the Muskoka area?

Nunz?

A few of us had some good rides about three weeks ago, and with today's dense snow I expect certain places will be ok tomorrow. I called the Haliburton Forest and they are open, and have done a bit of grooming. Still charging half price, which is 25 bucks. They said they got about seven inches in the past 24 hours, and their web cam confirms that estimate. They think they'll be busy on Saturday, but not so much tomorrow. Open at 8 in the morning. About an hour and a quarter truck ride from Gravenhurst, which is doable, but not ideal.

I have a couple of other ideas that would be a little closer for me.

I anyone has any other suggestions, I would like to hear them.

I might also consider running around on the roads near town.

I'm working Friday but I am off Saturday buddy and would be open to ideas potentially....  Sorry amigo...

Blake.  I'm LondonCalling.  Even though its over a 4 hr drive from London, I would be willing to get out.  But I can only go Saturday.  I could be in Haliburton by 9am or meet you in Gravenhurst about 8am.  

I know I've never ridden with you, but if you trust or know Sledjunk, he can vouch for me.   And if it means anything I'm club VP of Science Hill Drifters in St. Marys near London District 5 (the ones attempting a world record on Feb 8)  I need to get some break in miles on the new 800 Renegade XRS

Perfect. Let's make it happen. Supposed to still be chilly tomorrow. then a high on Saturday of only plus 1.

Haliburton Forest opens at 8 a.m. and will likely be busy on Saturday (I've only been there once, which was last month, but I called them this afternoon), but I would assume that if we got there around nine we'd be in good stead.

Some of the backroads near Gravenhurst will likely be ok first thing tomorrow morning, but more questionable for Saturday, after the plows and sanders and traffic do their thing.

There are other possibilities involving logging roads "slightly" closer to Gravenhurst, but I will need to check a couple of things tomorrow first. Let's communicate by PM to work out the details.....

Guys I'll ride with u Saturday if your heading out just let me know..

Thanks!!

Right on, Nunz. Will text or PM with details for Saturday.

I will confirm tomorrow after lunch as well.  Would love some logging roads too with a longer track now, but I only have Saturday and I think I would prefer the slightly more sure thing.  Conditions in the forest are reported as poor to marginal but i suspect that was prior to today (Thurs)

I'm not worried about privacy so feel free to text me at 1-519-495-5145 as at work it is faster instead of sending a PM

I'm also going to call and book to make sure to be one of the 100 once I'm confirmed.

I'm also going to call and book to make sure to be one of the 100 once I'm confirmed.

You'll be riding on gravel before they would tell you that they had exceeded the artificial limit. 

I hope your enjoy your ride. (Seriously, not for the sake of HF, but for you)

I called HF again just now. They have only about 20 miles of available trails, same as 3 weeks ago.

I"m out !

I called HF again just now. They have only about 20 miles of available trails, same as 3 weeks ago.

Wow that is terrible! They should be charging 5$ thats 20-25mins of riding!

Rode a few good backroads and logging roads for a 47 mile run today.

Meeting with Nunz and Navigator tomorrow at 8 a.m. near Gravenhurst.

Wish i could head out with you guys .. work gets in the way though!

Thanks for the txt Nunz, hopefully after Xmas ill have a few days if the snow has arrived.

I"m out !

Smart move! I don't recommend going there until at least tall pins is listed limited! Basically it is same evaluation as the forest.

Not going to the Haliburton forest.. Stay tuned for pics tomorrow ...

Found some pretty good backroads and logging access roads with Nunz today.

post-22473-0-10069700-1418509079_thumb.jpg

post-22473-0-91503100-1418509055_thumb.jpg

nice pics blake,i ll try to get it together for next backroad run...thx for sharing

Get that AXYS uncrated, WD.

428 Km's already! I better get my track stand out, so I can catch up to you! Looks like fun for a few hours.

Fun day of early riding of my buddy Blake..

How are the new sleds Nunz and Blake?

I really like mine. The extra power is very noticeable, but the ride is good. Thanks for asking.

Hi Re: Leaf. So far so good with the zr9000. Need better conditions to take full advantage though.

We'll have to get sledding together this year. I remember last year you kind of got tied up with a lot of work related to the Toronto wind storm.

Archived