Ontario Sledding Ad

revrnd

Too bad the lame Ontario tourism ad is in heavy rotation now on TV. This edited down would make a great spot promoting the sport. Looks more inviting than anything the OFSC has come up with. And no voice over from the Snowmobiler TV guy either.

:right_on:

Try again

The crew that did that have more coming at .55 you see one of our rentals we had two more involved in the shoot mostly carrying camera equipment. These folks were working at capturing the sport.

Pretty cool actually.  Nice and informative.  Makes it looks enjoyable, family orientated.   Gives a little of everything.  Thanks for posting.

I agree with Ultrafrozen, NO hot dogging

The crew that did that have more coming at .55 you see one of our rentals we had two more involved in the shoot mostly carrying camera equipment. These folks were working at capturing the sport.

From where is the money coming from to create the ad ?

I like it. Saw lots of spots I recognised like downtown Mattawa.

Too bad the lame Ontario tourism ad is in heavy rotation now on TV. This edited down would make a great spot promoting the sport. Looks more inviting than anything the OFSC has come up with. And no voice over from the Snowmobiler TV guy either.

:right_on:

This is the annoying ad:

IMO, most of the places I want to visit are away from the crowds. Interior camping in Algonquin, sledding north of Hornepayne, checking out Pancake Bay.

I would hope the sledding ad gets some airplay before next season. So far the only airplay it's getting is on the sledding forums & Facebook. While I'm carrying on, is there a reason money is spent thru the month of Feb' telling us via radio spots of National Snowmobiling Environment Month? I'm sure the money could be better spent.

I like the first ad. Share the mindset (drive all night, etc.)

Wasn't aware that there's a Parry Sound connection. Cool.

From where is the money coming from to create the ad ?

Ontario tourism and economic development.

Ontario tourism and economic development.

I wonder if they're aware of the issues the OFSC is facing? Especially in northern Ontario. The closure of C101F has probably thrown a wrench into folks planning smaller loops. 

Luc posted on Facebook about a meeting up in the Sault. I don't think the MTO really cares about the state of the sport other than the revenue from sled registrations. 

Quebec seems to be more aware of the benefits of sledding. The info booklets on each region are top notch. A reprint of an accommodation booklet including numerous lodges that close after the moose season doesn't cut it.

I like both of those Ads. 

the general Ontario Ad has been running quite a bit on TV.  This is the First Time I've seen the Winter - Snowmobiling - Ad.  I wonder Why ??   It's pretty good, really.  

I like both of those Ads. 

the general Ontario Ad has been running quite a bit on TV.  This is the First Time I've seen the Winter - Snowmobiling - Ad.  I wonder Why ??   It's pretty good, really.  

-government department has to spend their yearly budget or not get same amount of money next year

-puts out tenders, requests for proposals or accept proposals for 'projects' that fall into their area of responsibility

-money is spent on project

-project might be used at trade shows or conferences - often ends up on the shelf

-this video would have to be cut to 30 or 60 seconds for TV airplay - air time will cost more money

-whatever money is spent is added to whatever the government says it has spent in a certain area - i.e. three million dollars toward sledding.

I haven't a knock against this project technically except a professional announcer should have been hired - voice is boring and lacks tonal interest - but still don't understand the target market/audience.

It seems to be tellling current sledders how good things are - is this really needed?

This is the annoying ad:

Yup - annoying.

-government department has to spend their yearly budget or not get same amount of money next year

-puts out tenders, requests for proposals or accept proposals for 'projects' that fall into their area of responsibility

-money is spent on project

-project might be used at trade shows or conferences - often ends up on the shelf

-this video would have to be cut to 30 or 60 seconds for TV airplay - air time will cost more money

-whatever money is spent is added to whatever the government says it has spent in a certain area - i.e. three million dollars toward sledding.

I haven't a knock against this project technically except a professional announcer should have been hired - voice is boring and lacks tonal interest - but still don't understand the target market/audience.

It seems to be tellling current sledders how good things are - is this really needed?

Ilike the non proffesional voice it makes you listen. It needs to get out there 

I don't have a problem with either of them. The snowmobile ad shows what is typical for many of us. Let's the non-snowmobiler see what it's like and the devotion the people in the video has. He looks at it and says that sure looks like fun. I would like to try that. The other is obviously aimed at a much more urban market segment. Just because it doesn't appeal to many hear there are lots that would and do embrace that lifestyle. Tourism is big business in Toronto. Lots of people come here as tourists. I live here and don't do the Toronto touristy thing. It doesn't appeal to me. The only time I've been to the CN tower is when I have had out of town guests.

I wonder if they're aware of the issues the OFSC is facing? Especially in northern Ontario. The closure of C101F has probably thrown a wrench into folks planning smaller loops.

Luc posted on Facebook about a meeting up in the Sault. I don't think the MTO really cares about the state of the sport other than the revenue from sled registrations.

Quebec seems to be more aware of the benefits of sledding. The info booklets on each region are top notch. A reprint of an accommodation booklet including numerous lodges that close after the moose season doesn't cut it.

Im sure their is reason Luc was invited to attend the summit and spend time with the associated groups in attendance such as ontario tourism which is an ofsc partner.

Lots of club members their from the northern corridor I can be certain of.

1) Yes, in it's current state the ad will never see TV

2) Oh you want that annoying female monotonal voiceover (Pauline Pemik) that OLG was using last year. She's on CBC North as a reporter. When she's on I want to stick knitting needles in my ears. Gawd is it annoying, on the Kathy Ireland level LOL.

3) Maybe it will show the whiners in the GTA why a lot of us enjoy winter.

Like my father used to say, five days or nights of wrenching for a day of riding on the weekend.

1) Yes, in it's current state the ad will never see TV

2) Oh you want that annoying female monotonal voiceover (Pauline Pemik) that OLG was using last year. She's on CBC North as a reporter. When she's on I want to stick knitting needles in my ears. Gawd is it annoying, on the Kathy Ireland level LOL.

3) Maybe it will show the whiners in the GTA why a lot of us enjoy winter.

Like my father used to say, five days or nights of wrenching for a day of riding on the weekend.

While I like my job and what I do I don't live to work... I work to live... Every time I think about early retirement I remember what pays for the toys and fun... not quite ready to retire yet.

Archived