Great Northern Ride

Nunz

So our trip starting February 16th is all booked and ready to go, I will post pics once we get back...Should be a great time, riding with friend Don on the new 900 Ace..

Feb 16th- Kirkland Lake arrival- Comfort Inn

Feb 17th- Riding to Cochrane- Westway Motel and the Abitibi Canynon

Feb 18th- Ride to Kapuskasing- Super 8 Motel

Feb 19th- Long ride to Hornepayne- Uncles Restaurant and Lodge

Feb- 20th- Chapleau- Valentine Farms

Feb- 21st- Elliott Lake- Hampton Inn

Feb- 22nd- Sportsmans Lodge

Feb- 23rd- Timmins- Cedar Meadows

Feb 24th- Back to Kirkland Lake.....

If anyone of you are going to be in these areas drop me a line..Thanks to all of you that helped me plan and gave advice for this trip..

We are sooooo looking forward to it..

Nunz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are leaving KL Feb 17, riding to Cochrane and doing the Canyon on the same day?  You must be going to the canyon up the west side?

Let me know what your plans are for supper in KL and the wife and I may join you.  I'll send you a PM with numbers.

That's the plan, the alternative would be doing the Canyon and riding to Kap on the same day, not sure if thats viable or not... Dinner sounds like a great plan, we are pretty much open to ideas..

Thanks

Nunz

• 2 weeks later...

2 more sleeps till we leave, gonna do the PET ride tommorrow and hit the highway first thing Sunday morning, hope to get a little ride around Kirkland Lake Sunday before we head out for Cochrane Monday morning, weather forecast looks great for the week... Hope all of you have a excellent long weekend...Will give some updates through out the ride..

Take care

Nunz

Do the canyon clockwise...way cheaper on fuel due to the cost at the canyon.... but then again if you are continuing to Kap probably faster counterclockwise. I'm jealous...have a great time.

I'm jealous too.  Post lots of pics Nunz and make us even more jealous.  

Have a good trip!

We made the trip to Kirkland lake.. Just gonna relax for the rest of the day.. Having dinner with ultrafrozen in a couple of hours.. I'd like to post pics throughout the trip but I'm only carrying my iPhone 5., anyone have any idea how to post pics to forum from the phone? Have a great week everyone..

Nunz

have a great time...lots a pics 

We made the trip to Kirkland lake.. Just gonna relax for the rest of the day.. Having dinner with ultrafrozen in a couple of hours.. I'd like to post pics throughout the trip but I'm only carrying my iPhone 5., anyone have any idea how to post pics to forum from the phone? Have a great week everyone..

Nunz

Upload them to your Facebook page, stick 'em into a random album, then use the URL from there to upload your pics.  That's all I've ever done, works well.

Day one on the books.. Trails were mint., got a bit lost leaving Kirkland lake but once we got that sorted out

Everything was great.. Took the A trail into cochrane still cannot believe how fast running u can do up here,

Going to JR's for some yummy ribs shortly. Going to do the canyon tommorrow then stay in Kap, if the rest of the

Week is anything like today I may not want to leave,

Cheers!!

Have fun nunz enjoy your ride

Day one on the books.. Trails were mint., got a bit lost leaving Kirkland lake but once we got that sorted out

Everything was great.. Took the A trail into cochrane still cannot believe how fast running u can do up here,

Going to JR's for some yummy ribs shortly. Going to do the canyon tommorrow then stay in Kap, if the rest of the

Week is anything like today I may not want to leave,

Cheers!!

May you guys have a great time I get a kick out of you guys you are great people loving the sport

We got lost and missed it somehow, ended up taking the a108 which was in mint condition ..

Not sure why the link didn't work.. Im not sure what I am doing wrong,

quote name="Ultrafrozen" post="154622" timestamp="1392680420"]

The link didn't work for me.

Glad you had a good run. Did you end up running the L103 out of KL?

Thanks Bill, it's the sport the people and just being able to get out and see parts of Ontario that you just can't see other than the winter. Also knowing that so many volunteers make it all possible for us...

quote name="Wildbill" post="154626" timestamp="1392680891"]

May you guys have a great time I get a kick out of you guys you are great people loving the sport

being able to get out and see parts of Ontario that you just can't see other than the winter.

Nor places in the province most people have never heard of or been to.  :right_on:

All I can say is wow... I didn't think snowmobiling could ever be like what we rode today!! Left Cochrane, did the canyon stopped at smooth rock and had a bite at family restaurant then continued on to Kapuskasing. Saw one of white dragons OC stickers on the clubs big signs.. Another at extreme tours for gas, just OC sticker. Trails are mint and weather has been perfect, our friend Don is driving a 900 Ace and I have to admit I really didn't like it very much, it does get great gas mileage though,

The super 8 here in kapuskasing is really nice.

Long ride tommorrow to hornepayne..

Take care all

Nunz

Have a great ride thru Hearst.  When you cross the highway in town on the "A" behind a park / baseball field (on the left), I live in one of the apartments facing the field, literally right off the trail.  Calling for some really mild temps, nice riding weather, but harder on the belts.

Give 'er snot boys !

We have made it to Hornepayne in good time today, hit a few snow squalls but trails up here are the best I've ever ridden. Staying at Uncles rest and cabins, looks decent enough.. Am surprised at how few sledders we are seeing, off to chapeau tommorrow, we r going to stop and say hi to luc the groomer guy on our way.

Cheers

I'll post pics once I get home next week

Nunz

Glad that Uncle's is still open. I believe that they no longer sell fuel, but glad that cabins are there and restaurant is open for the community to gather.

It sounds like you're having a great trip!

"Nunz went out for a ride and never came home" :-P

Your correct Canuck they don't sell fuel, food was good and cabin was clean, can't really ask for much more. I know we will be back up here again for sure.

Archived