Late Season OC Ride and Gathering

sledjunk

Late Winter Ride  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in an OC Ride based in Wawa around March 15?

2. 2. If you do attend, how many days would you expect to spend in Wawa?

3. 3. Are you available to assist with the planning and arrangements?

• Yes, and I am local.
    • Yes, but I am not local.
    • Sorry, I can't help.
  4. 4. How many people will be in your group and will you have any extra space for carpooling?

• Just me and I am full.
    • Just me but I have space for 1 more.
    • Just me but I have space for 2 more.
    • Just me but I have space for 3 more.
    • Two of us and I am full.
    • Two of us but I have space for 1 more.
    • Two of us but I have space for 2 more.
    • Three of us and I am full.
    • Three of us but I have space for 1 more.
    • Four of us and I am full.
    • Just me and I am looking for a ride
    • Just me and I will be travelling with someone else
    • Other (Please post a comment)

bill has booked room for fri & sat...hope the rains changes to snow too

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we should be there by 11 fri morning...lookin forward to it

I'm still debating on whether to head up for one last ride, never been to this area before, usually stay in south river but it looks like the season maybe done there now.

Wife and I will be up Wed night.

She's looking forward to riding 'her' 2012 Yamaha Vector. I may have to roll back the odometer 8-)

She's looking forward to riding 'her' 2012 Yamaha Vector. I may have to roll back the odometer :cool

Wish I could go, but work calls! Maybe next year.

You just might have to buy her that new doo! Then you can have her vector for good!

She's looking forward to riding 'her' 2012 Yamaha Vector. I may have to roll back the odometer 8-)

nice...glad you're making it for ride

Actually you were just keeping it fresh for her right?

They are looking at rain until Tuesday afternoon but they are on the edge of the snow so things could change, hopefully to snow like Kirkland Lake.

In KL, we got snow dumped on us overnight and into this afternoon. All will turn cold for the week end so make sure you have ice scratchers. There is a little snow in the forecast for Friday so it might be OK.

Turned to freezing rain yesterday afternoon in KL but I hear it was mostly rain in New Liskeard area. I'll try and get trail reports.

It's currently snowing in New Liskeard.

we should keep eye on trail conditions for sure...worse case...move north a hr to kirkland lk....hope it just snows...i see some trails are yellow there...imagine the river will be problem heading south

Yep, it mostly rained in New Liskeard. I rode from New Liskeard to the Elk Lake eco lodge and back today. Overall I'd say in New Liskeard things are just good. Extreme caution should be used on the A trail on the Wabi, better to just avoid it all together. A trail from Earlton up was exceptionally good. However lots of brushing needed 10 miles below Elk Lake eco lodge also please use caution (some you can slalom through, but others you actually need someone to lift up the tree crossing the trail (it is rideable, dont know how it is from the eco lodge up). I was watching the radar last night and it looked like the transition zone was at KL. Others have reported that lots of snow fell in Timmins and Cochrane.

we should keep eye on trail conditions for sure...worse case...move north a hr to kirkland lk....hope it just snows...i see some trails are yellow there...imagine the river will be problem heading south

I spoke to a few New Liskeard sources and the "yellow" conditions are a guesstimate due to the rain. It's turned cold and a little snow will fall this week. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I work in Earlton and had a quick look at the roadside trails. What I could see looked good. The area has a lot of snow so we'll hope for the best.

thx for update guys...i'm trying not to hit the panic button

I would be interested in a ride next weekend possibly..

heading to royal dist tonight to get ice scratchers.

A co-worker (Pat The Rat from TY4Stroke) went out yesterday after work and said the trails were in great shape around the Earlton area.

Light snow overnight so it all might work out!

Thanks for the local info. Heading up tonight after work.

I may dig out the ice scratchers, but they have not been installed on this sled yet, so it might involve a 'little' work if required.

Just wondering how many kilometers people are looking to ride Saturday.

I don't usually ride more than 200km a day (wife included) so the NL-Kirkland Lake-Elk Lake-Earlton loop at approx 260km would suit me as she won't be tagging along.

There are a few places we can loop back if conditions are really bad, for example, we can cut back through Englehart-Charlton via L161 for a shorter loop.

Alternate trail would be up to Charlton via L161 and then north L162 to head back through Elk Lake.

These are great suggestions.

The original intent was that there might be different 'levels' of rider with regards to their daily distances. The riders could then adjust / plan the loops to fit in with their comfort level.

The more suggestions like this that are available would be great for people to choose, especially for those of us who are there for multiple days.

Thanks!

Last day to book your room in the OC block!!!!

A co-worker (Pat The Rat from TY4Stroke) went out yesterday after work and said the trails were in great shape around the Earlton area.

Light snow overnight so it all might work out!

that is good news...the 260 km run sounds good to me for sat...

Archived