Late Season OC Ride and Gathering

sledjunk

Late Winter Ride  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in an OC Ride based in Wawa around March 15?

2. 2. If you do attend, how many days would you expect to spend in Wawa?

3. 3. Are you available to assist with the planning and arrangements?

• Yes, and I am local.
    • Yes, but I am not local.
    • Sorry, I can't help.
  4. 4. How many people will be in your group and will you have any extra space for carpooling?

• Just me and I am full.
    • Just me but I have space for 1 more.
    • Just me but I have space for 2 more.
    • Just me but I have space for 3 more.
    • Two of us and I am full.
    • Two of us but I have space for 1 more.
    • Two of us but I have space for 2 more.
    • Three of us and I am full.
    • Three of us but I have space for 1 more.
    • Four of us and I am full.
    • Just me and I am looking for a ride
    • Just me and I will be travelling with someone else
    • Other (Please post a comment)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still trying to get family feedback on "March Break".

Long range weather will be available early next week and that's when I'll know re: cottage sledding.

(getting the feeling it might be easier to herd cats, Sledjunk?) :D

I would be up for a ride march 22nd to the 26 or so. Have room in my trailer for one snowmobile.

I'm still trying to get family feedback on "March Break".

Long range weather will be available early next week and that's when I'll know re: cottage sledding.

(getting the feeling it might be easier to herd cats, Sledjunk?) :D

speaking of hearding cats

give me a minute

we will be in dub or mani (havent decided yet) the 8th-11th. Ski

looks like we will be in Dub the night of the 8th through the night of the 10th, comming home the 11th. we will be at chez gaston in dub 5 houses from the fuel pumps in dub. if you see some people in clown clothing on M8 cats, stop us and say hi. Ski

Planning to go there this year during that week, but not likely to stay at Wawa Motor Inn. Will meet you there and look forward to opportunity for a group ride.

Last year Wawa in March - helmet, wind breaker, running shoes:

post-19713-0-11519300-1351332127_thumb.jpg

post-19713-0-99408400-1351332136_thumb.jpg

Where's that London Calling fella who wanted to go last year?

Here I am slomo. Just read this today. I'm going to be up in New Liskeard Mon March 11 and leaving at the crack of dawn on Thurs March 14, i could certainly be persuaded to head west to Wawa until the crack of dawn on Sunday. What the hell eh. I just got a new to me sled too. 2012 etec 600 X with r Motion. So sweet. I rode with SJ earlier this year in Sudbury.

We are getting close to March, now, so I guess it is time to revisit this.

I understand that Wawa and D'ville now have lots of snow. I would hope that the locals (GG, Finndian, sled2nr) can advise on whether there are suitable groomed loops to make this interesting.

My plans are still to drive up either Tuesday night or Wednesday and home on Sunday.

Who is still interested?

I just reponded to Slomo and said that I just may make the trip. I will be up in New Liskeard and would be leaving at the crack on dawn on Thursday and stay until the crack of dawn on sunday. between 6 and 7 hrs from Liskeard and then 10 ish home to London.

Get in touch with me (via this site is good, or you have my number) Cant always take a call tho

Here I am slomo. Just read this today. I'm going to be up in New Liskeard Mon March 11 and leaving at the crack of dawn on Thurs March 14, i could certainly be persuaded to head west to Wawa until the crack of dawn on Sunday. What the hell eh. I just got a new to me sled too. 2012 etec 600 X with r Motion. So sweet. I rode with SJ earlier this year in Sudbury.

LC - I am going to be in Wawa during the time you are in New Liskeard- March 10-13. Hope trails are good that way - looked at it, but all the online accomodations sites said they were booked? I'll send in a few reports of trail conditions early - looks like a bit of rain prior to March 10.

slomo look us up if you get to dub in the morning or evening sometime. friday we are heading out to fish late in the day. saturday we might go to hornepayne and back, or loop around to ernies. sunday is anyone guess. LOL! lots of places to go. Ski

slomo look us up if you get to dub in the morning or evening sometime. friday we are heading out to fish late in the day. saturday we might go to hornepayne and back, or loop around to ernies. sunday is anyone guess. LOL! lots of places to go. Ski

Was thinking of put putting up there. Think this has been posted before, but what's the fuel situation in Dub? Probably won't need any, but do you need cash, credit card, hours open?

credit card, 24-7... MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS PERFECTLY. if you dont.... you cant get fuel, and you could render the pump unable to dispense fuel to others, till they reset it. (no person on duty, this will take awhile, possibly overnight. completely self serve).

before you lift the lever on the pump... YOU MUST HAVE THE TRANSACTION AUTHORIZED! if you lift the pump lever first, you will render the pump useless until reset. (again, this could take AWHILE. MEANING, YOU MIGHT NOT GET GAS FOR A LOOOOOOOONG TIME.)

pull up to pump, go read the instructions, give the machine a pin number YOU choose, it gives you a pin number THEY CHOOSE, you must use thier number for the next year. then you swipe your card to set the authorization of the pump. then pump, return to unit swipe card for reciept.

the first time is a pain in the ASS. after that it isnt so bad. they are doing this to comply with regulations that whomever is pumping... knows how to safely avoid, stop and clean up spills.

Ski

Ok, so i am interested in doing something, but there seems to be lack of interest here?? Anyone?

I will go some where with you. Can't go until 21ist of march though.

I will go some where with you. Can't go until 21ist of march though.

vr700...hope there is still snow by then...if your trailering north...bill & i will be riding then...my b-day on 20th so can't leave till 21 either

vr700...hope there is still snow by then...if your trailering north...bill & i will be riding then...my b-day on 20th so can't leave till 21 either

My dad is going away. So it will be just me. Would love to ride some where. Where you and bill heading?

My dad is going away. So it will be just me. Would love to ride some where. Where you and bill heading?

would hope cochrane area for 3 days..ish...we'll have to see how trails hold up....you could jump in with us from orillia on...pm me if interested

would hope cochrane area for 3 days..ish...we'll have to see how trails hold up....you could jump in with us from orillia on...pm me if interested

Ok will do. Trails should be ok until early April this year. Never know though, never thought it would rain in northbay at the end of Jan either.

Since Sledjunk started this, i will wait and see what he says once he returns from his Quebec trip..

When is Sledjunk back? I've been trying to reach him.

Doesnt seem like Wawa is a go. Slomo and Ski doo boy will be up there at the start of the week though.

I'm north but elsewhere until Wed March 13 and would love to connect and ride any time after that like hopefully that Wed afternoon or late evening. I have to head for home Sunday the 17 latest early. Likely the Saturday though.

interested for sure....wawa I dont know if that would work.....we were doing some bench racing last night and we were thinking the wkd or around the 21-25 time frame and the NL..Elk lake area or a little further north...snow coverage in that area is very good....where is SJ???

SJ is on a tour. Not too far from the area you're suggesting, Lep.

Archived