Late Season OC Ride and Gathering

sledjunk

Late Winter Ride  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in an OC Ride based in Wawa around March 15?

2. 2. If you do attend, how many days would you expect to spend in Wawa?

3. 3. Are you available to assist with the planning and arrangements?

• Yes, and I am local.
    • Yes, but I am not local.
    • Sorry, I can't help.
  4. 4. How many people will be in your group and will you have any extra space for carpooling?

• Just me and I am full.
    • Just me but I have space for 1 more.
    • Just me but I have space for 2 more.
    • Just me but I have space for 3 more.
    • Two of us and I am full.
    • Two of us but I have space for 1 more.
    • Two of us but I have space for 2 more.
    • Three of us and I am full.
    • Three of us but I have space for 1 more.
    • Four of us and I am full.
    • Just me and I am looking for a ride
    • Just me and I will be travelling with someone else
    • Other (Please post a comment)

My dad is going away. So it will be just me. Would love to ride some where. Where you and bill heading?

let me know when and were you decide? if things don't turn out on the others plans i'll go.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me interested too around the 22nd to 26 time frame too. Have to pm white dragon, since he and his buddy night be going too around that time frame.

I am back now. It still looks as if there are very few (one?) loops available in the Wawa Dub area. Let me make a couple of calls this weekend and if that is true, we may need to look for another location. Maybe Cochrane? Timmins? Kirkland Lake? Any locals there that could help with suggestions for a place to stay with a restaurant large enough to hold all of us?

I have checked with a few people and, unfortunately, the Wawa / Dub area does not have groomed loops open. There are ungroomed loops across lakes and other trails available for those that are interested.

Instead, I think that our best option is to move the ride to New Liskeard. The Quality Inn has many rooms available and is next door to the Holiday Inn Express and the Econo Lodge is across the street. There are restaurants within walking distance.

I have booked a block of 20 rooms at the Quality Inn and they are held until Monday under OC Ride. The rate is $125 per night. They are booked tentatively for Wednesday to Sunday but you can change that as you book your rooms. If you wish to book at one of the other two establishments, that is fine as well, but I figure that we can socialize at the QI.

I realize that this is kind of last minute but I still hope that we can pull this together. Please post here if you are coming so that we can meet.

There are a number of loops available of varying lengths, but I am leaving it to everyone to plan or gather their own little groups for the actual riding. The plan is to get together and, once we have some numbers, arrange a full group dinner for at least Saturday night.

Let me know any comments or suggestions.

SJ, do you plan on being there for the duration of Wed-Sun? Would your plan be to ride thursday-saturday? Due to work schedualing for myself, i would be thinking of arriving thursday night, and would love to ride with you guys friday-saturday with my father-in-law.

Thanks for all your efforts,

Jeff

Yes, my plans are to drive up after work Wednesday, then ride Thurs thru Sat and drive home Sunday. It will be great to meet and ride with you.

Ok, will converse with the father-in-law sunday am, and will let you know whats happening on our end.Our plan is to be there thursday after work, then would like to ride with you guys friday-saturday, and come home sunday..

Will post tomorrow am our details..

Thanks,

Jeff

Iam in Wednesday through Friday. Need to be home no later then noon Saturday. Iam checking with re-leaf.

Have a great time!

We are here in Wawa helping to boost the local economy after the big flood damage last fall.

To get around the lack of loops problem, we brought eye patches so in going one direction we block off viewing one side of the trail, then turn around and switch eyes for the return so it's like a whole new trail. Was out for a short boot yesterday and snow looks great here so far and will report on conditions later today as a bit of snow/rain forecast until this afternoon. Given snow depth, don't see too much damage occuring in the woods.

Thanks Slomo. Eye patch idea is great, but is you switch eyes, don't you just see the back of the same trees??? :lol:

we were just in new liskeard...tons of snow,lots of great loops...i will go 4 sure

Trying really hard to make a Saturday ride and supper. Won't need a room though as I'm only an hour's drive away.

SJ, we booked our room for thursday night-saturday night under the group of rooms you had pre-booked for the OC RIDE. We plan on being there in and around the 10-11pm time frame on thursday night. We are looking forward to meeting you guys and riding with you on friday and saturday.. No real plans here on where to ride, we just WANNA RIDE.. Will be more than happy to follow..

Look forward to it, weather looks GREAT..

Jeff

I should probably been more specific with the dates involved.

The block of rooms is held until Monday March 11 (tomorrow) and is booked from Wednesday March 13 until Sunday March 17.

Please post here if you are planning to attend.

Cannt make it....will be up the following weekends until mother nature starts singing..

May see you up there somewhere later, Lep.

Sorry you can't make it.

Have a great time fellas. Sorry I'm going to miss that ride there, but I will be riding and thats good enough for me. Hopefully something like this gets planned for similar time next year.

Still green on the IAFG but don't know what weather will do. Hopefully they will get some snow and we'll be OK.

Still green on the IAFG but don't know what weather will do.

elk cabins in north forum said it snowed 4'' last nite...

Still green on the IAFG but don't know what weather will do.

Don't worry mud won't hurt your sled, can't say the same for all of your gizmo's! No wonder he avoids mud puddles now.

They are looking at rain until Tuesday afternoon but they are on the edge of the snow so things could change, hopefully to snow like Kirkland Lake.

In KL, we got snow dumped on us overnight and into this afternoon. All will turn cold for the week end so make sure you have ice scratchers. There is a little snow in the forecast for Friday so it might be OK.

Archived