gobills

.... thus your forum name?

LOL, Good Catch

handle bar muffs is the way to go with super thin gloves

handle bar muffs is the way to go with super thin gloves

May as well wear mitts then.

May as well wear mitts then.

I freeze my fingers in -20 even with mitts, muffs are 100% warmer vs mitts

Trail riding -12 or warmer I do wear mitts , if I get cold I just pull the muffs over my mitts

I freeze my fingers in -20 even with mitts, muffs are 100% warmer vs mitts

Trail riding -12 or warmer I do wear mitts , if I

get cold I just pull the muffs over my

mitts

Good to know! I guess they shield the wind and hold heat in, kinda like an extra over jacket. I just use Mitts but have a higher windshield which helps.

Years ago I bought some Choko Claw gloves in cordura, 20 years ago the inner liner had individual fingers.  Re- bought a set last year ... too small. Exchange for next size up, too big.  Seems they had some issues with their sizing at the manufacturer.  Finally got a set the right size for my hand.... the inner liner now has a claw shape instead of 4 fingers, colder, and I get wind in between the middle of the 2 claw halves.  Not getting those ones again ... too bad, because the original 2 pairs I bought in '97 (for wife and I), I never once had cold hands.

I just Bought a new pair of claw gloves, all leather, Hopping they are still as warm as the last old pair, had them for about 15 years. This time I went full leather tho.

I just Bought a new pair of claw gloves, all leather, Hopping they are still as warm as the last old pair, had them for about 15 years. This time I went full leather tho.

I might try a pair too, seems they're supposed to be warmer than cordura according to Lisette at work.  The biggest problem I have is no wind deflectors, and the tall windshield on my S chassis is way up front so lots of air gets to my hands.

I might try a pair too, seems they're supposed to be warmer than cordura according to Lisette at work.  The biggest problem I have is no wind deflectors, and the tall windshield on my S chassis is way up front so lots of air gets to my hands.

My Last pair was cordura, had a bit of leather and they where very warm so the full leather should be even better.

I had the Royal 3M (3 in 1) glove for many years and they just wore out on the palms and between the fingers. Currently using a pair I got from Costco and they seem to work well for me. I do us handlebar muffs since I have a low wind-shield that doesn't deflect wind at the handlebars. My problems is not with finger tips; its my throttle thumb that gets cold. On really cold days I put a hotshot in my glove around my thumb. Maybe there is a way to insulate the back of the throttle to keep the heat directed at my thumb.

I had the Royal 3M (3 in 1) glove for many years and they just wore out on the palms and between the fingers. Currently using a pair I got from Costco and they seem to work well for me. I do us handlebar muffs since I have a low wind-shield that doesn't deflect wind at the handlebars. My problems is not with finger tips; its my throttle thumb that gets cold. On really cold days I put a hotshot in my glove around my thumb. Maybe there is a way to insulate the back of the throttle to keep the heat directed at my thumb.

I know someone who had a similar problem and cut a Styrofoam coffee cup to the right shape to fill in the backside of the throttle lever. If I recall he said he had to do two layers from the coffee cup to build it out to where it "filled the recess and then used a very small bit of silicone on the outside edge, just enough to hold it in place. Claims it works.

I know someone who had a similar problem and cut a Styrofoam coffee cup to the right shape to fill in the backside of the throttle lever. If I recall he said he had to do two layers from the coffee cup to build it out to where it "filled the recess and then used a very small bit of silicone on the outside edge, just enough to hold it in place. Claims it works.

I'm thinking the Styrofoam might keep the cold from dissipating the hrat from the throttle. 

I agree with SLOMO on the Klim Fusion gloves, once I figured out how to use them.  Normal gloves or mitts insulate your hands from your handlebar warmers.  With Fusions, when you move your hands to the inside of the internal barrier, you not only add more insulation to the back of your fingers, you also remove most of the insulation from between your hands and the handlebar warmers.  You feel more heat. I also have handlebar wind deflectors.  Last year, in -30 to -40 temps my hands were pretty toastie.   

Other than the weenie appearance, I gotta admit muffs do work well.  And at -40, maybe appearance is over-rated.

I'm thinking the Styrofoam might keep the cold from dissipating the hrat from the throttle.

That's the concept. All of the heat gets refleected to the throttle thumb lever

We've taken muff w/ us on our Northern Blastoffs & use them as necessary. When not installed they're in our tunnel bags. Not a detriment when riding the power lines & logging roads, but wouldn't want to use them in the twisties.

I've used FXR fuel gloves for the past 2 seasons,  seemed to work great until we went to midland last feb and a -27 ride,  fingers where frozen,  now i don't have much of a windshield on my 12' pro r either,  but do have hand guards,  just purchased a set of KLIM Fusion gloves becuz of all the reviews I've read about them,  and this thread just reassures me that i made a good purchase!!

I wear a pair of TMax glove liners from Marks with my leather long cuff gloves. I treat my gloves every year with your every day leather protectant to help with waterproofing. They served me well when my hand warmers went in -20 and no hand guards. One of the best pair I've ever had though were a cheap pair of Kombis from Canadian Tire.

I agree with SLOMO on the Klim Fusion gloves, once I figured out how to use them.  Normal gloves or mitts insulate your hands from your handlebar warmers.  With Fusions, when you move your hands to the inside of the internal barrier, you not only add more insulation to the back of your fingers, you also remove most of the insulation from between your hands and the handlebar warmers.  You feel more heat. I also have handlebar wind deflectors.  Last year, in -30 to -40 temps my hands were pretty toastie.   

Other than the weenie appearance, I gotta admit muffs do work well.  And at -40, maybe appearance is over-rated.

Just getting off the trails today and thought of another good use for the Fusions - if you get a bit of thumb throttle fatique (forgot to do your conditioning exercises and yoga pre-season) wearing the glove on the 'warm' configuration provides some nice padding against vibrations. Do this for a while and then switch to 'grip' mode once hand muscles have steadied a bit.

Tried my new FXR Fuel gloves yesterday. Wasn't that cold of a day. Finger tips were throbbing at times.  If I could get them warmed up and the feeling back in them I was good for a while.  Thats with medium windshield and hand guards, not the muffs.  Wish I would of saved the 120 bucks as I have plenty of gloves/mitts that are just as good or better, and cheaper.  I have the yamaheater as well and that will cook you're palms but no good for the finger tips.  I may have to try the glove liner from Marks.  I see they are 20 bucks a pair.  

Tried my new FXR Fuel gloves yesterday. Wasn't that cold of a day. Finger tips were throbbing at times.  If I could get them warmed up and the feeling back in them I was good for a while.  Thats with medium windshield and hand guards, not the muffs.  Wish I would of saved the 120 bucks as I have plenty of gloves/mitts that are just as good or better, and cheaper.  I have the yamaheater as well and that will cook you're palms but no good for the finger tips.  I may have to try the glove liner from Marks.  I see they are 20 bucks a pair.

I have the Klim's and have the same problem. It's mostly the middle fingers on my left hand. They start throbbing and i have to pull them out of the fingers and curl them in my palm to warm them up. Even today and it wasn't that cold.

Tried my new FXR Fuel gloves yesterday. Wasn't that cold of a day. Finger tips were throbbing at times. If I could get them warmed up and the feeling back in them I was good for

a while. Thats with medium windshield and

hand guards, not the muffs. Wish I would of

saved the 120 bucks as I have plenty of

gloves/mitts that are just as good or better, and

cheaper. I have the yamaheater as well and

that will cook you're palms but no good for the

finger tips. I may have to try the glove liner from

Marks. I see they are 20 bucks a pair.

Take them back and get fxr mitts! You will be much happier.

Archived