Elk Lake > Long Point > Gowganda Brushing

turbojamie

Spent the weekend at the cottage doing some brusing and trimming on the trails we use to get from our place to the main system in winter.

Dad decided they were getting to much brush on them so he went out and purchased a mower to do the trails for everyone. We hooked it up to the commander and spent 16 hours this past weekend cleaning up and getting the trails ready! This mower is incredible it saw some awfully rustic terrain and never skipped a beat.

The Rig

IMG_1273.jpg

The Mower

IMG_1274.jpg

Fuel Truck

IMG_1276.jpg

Before

IMG_1289.jpg

After

IMG_1286.jpg

Some various mowing

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

that is really great of you guys....quite the mower

Nice Job :right_on: :right_on:

No moose this trip out, I think the mower migth have given away our location haha. We did see 4 partridge while out but that was about it for interesting wildlife. I think were going to head up once more and do a little more touch up. The other plan is to fabricate up a set of skis for the mower so after the first trail packing we can zip along and get what we missed with the rugged terrain in fall conditions and the wet area's.

The other plan is to fabricate up a set of skis for the mower so after the first trail packing we can zip along and get what we missed with the rugged terrain in fall conditions and the wet area's.

Now THAT is a swell plan!

This is the manufacturer http://www.kunzeng.com/ this one is the 57" rough cut machine. We also have to thank Andy Patterson at Markham mower for giving us a rock bottom deal on buying the mower. Once he found out the intentions we had for it he was overwelmed with emotion to help out on the trails he also loves to ride!

Totally awsome great ideal....Thankyou Jamie for all your work.

That's awesome Jamie.

I heard there was someone working on that section of trail last weekend. Should help out huge this winter , expecially if there's not a lot of snow. Just so you know the club does have a brush cutter on ski's that we bought two years ago. I used it on that section last winter and it does a good job. The club would probably be more than happy to let you use it if you wanted in the winter to help out. I waited last winter until after the first groom , it does work better on the snow ( no rocks ) .

You guys said you were going to give us a hand this year. Thanks it is very much appreciated.

Ron

This is the manufacturer http://www.kunzeng.com/ this one is the 57" rough cut machine. We also have to thank Andy Patterson at Markham mower for giving us a rock bottom deal on buying the mower. Once he found out the intentions we had for it he was overwelmed with emotion to help out on the trails he also loves to ride!

Thanks TJ !

That's awesome Jamie.

I heard there was someone working on that section of trail last weekend. Should help out huge this winter , expecially if there's not a lot of snow. Just so you know the club does have a brush cutter on ski's that we bought two years ago. I used it on that section last winter and it does a good job. The club would probably be more than happy to let you use it if you wanted in the winter to help out. I waited last winter until after the first groom , it does work better on the snow ( no rocks ) .

You guys said you were going to give us a hand this year. Thanks it is very much appreciated.

Ron

Ron thanks for the info, I'll find out about using the club one as well this winter it will help make it quicker forsure. Were building a new packing rig as well to try out this winter to speed things up. I know our help with the small drag on the long point to elk lake section helped out. Were trying to do something different this year and hopefully it works better and faster.

I saw where you had cut it looked like no one had damn brush comes up so fast. It was crazy because I knew you had done certin sections last winter and I couldn't beleive how quick it came back. We enjoyed ourselves out there mowing along.

Jamie

that looks good except no snow. Cant wait to ride your area this year

Who sells it in canada? I checked and its shows up as american site. sent them a request for information...

Hey Groomer guy you guys ever use one of these? Were building one now to adapt to the commander pics to follow

http://www.theshopindustrial.com/dealers/logo_detail.aspx?x=IhccC06Qkio%3d

I spent a couple hours doing some of the basic frame work up for the pre season packer.

Today I have to drill the main bar for clamping on the sheet of UHMW as well as mount the leaf springs. I hope to even get to some hydraulics but we'll see. Picked up a nice dual stage pump and tank from princess auto onsale for 299.00 the other night.

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

Bud - what happened to your gas cans!?!?

Are you maybe taking the Space Bag concept a wee bit too far?

Archived